Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Or rather, its an indicator of the demand for more WW content.

Asteria is fresh in people's mind because she was in a movie played by a beloved actress (even if it was a cameo).

Etta Candy is supposed to be WW's best pal but the movies barely featured her so of course, there wasn't a huge push. It shows how much of a difference, an adaptation can make.
    If Asteria wins the Instagram poll as well you could be right. Very curious to see how that goes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I want a robins book and I imagine DC already has a lot of plans for their LGBT characters based on their recent pride month announcements.
    Until the day this is no longer a true worry, I see Robin-related anything having more priorities then gestures for LGBT+. Especially when one of those gestures includes deliberately using Nightwing/Grayson as a queerbaiting icon for the fandom who headcanon's his LGBT status without actually making him LGBT+.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Botting or brigading and I think it’s on the side of JLQ. No offense to those who want that book but no way in hell would it ever be close if this was a vote where everyone could only vote once.
    Yeah they are rallying for it out the need for representation
    But we have seen how books like that tend to even good ones like Midnighter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Do we know it'll be in continuity or not ignored by later writers? Still counts as story progression?
    That's not something to worry over, since they could make any story "out of continuity" all the same as the next/later writers can "ignore" things.

I'd say that in this particular case, it's more important that this story is happening/would happen at all. This would also make it more of a blatant point if someone else did ignore the story afterwards; it'd be harder and considerably more noticeable for such specifically apparent age/life progression to be undone or ignored. It happening also sets and encourages future precedent to continue in track or progress further.

That's why I feel such a story happening at all is more important then worrying about how it might be "invalidated" later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing "Paws Off" or Son of the Creeper.
    What makes you speculate/guess Son of Creeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And I know some of the votes against S&L came from crazy Supergirl fans who blame the show for Supergirl ending and took “revenge” . It’s insane but all the Tumblr nut jobs migrated to Twitter.
    My head hurts after reading this.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But there has been the TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"?
    It's different for everyone. The LGBT+ people of Tumblr constantly debate and explain each other for the use of the word Queer. For some, it's a bullying word that still used against them today. For others it's already a reclaimed word for a long time. Depending on the person's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    JLQ might have close to twice as many votes as Asteria: The Last Amazon, and is still losing to Robins.

...Either something screwy *is* going on, or DC pitted its two strongest competitors against each other in the first round, or there really are just a whole bunch of people who would join exclusively to vote for or against more Batbooks... but not Nightrunner.
    People have been lobbying for JLQ. They're calling in The Mary Sue and Tom Taylor (Nightwing) who actually retweet his support.

Then there's the Tim Seeley haters (originally appeared during Grayson) spreading word that Robins might be written by him.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-02-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Why exactly Seeley has haters for his Grayson work..?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why exactly Seeley has haters for his Grayson work..?
    Making female characters sexually harassing Dick Grayson since he's a character with history of experiencing sexual harassment that's never handled correctly by DC.
    Dumbing down the character to just charm, kindness, and sexiness when he's supposed to be really intelligent and not that nice.
    I'm trying to remember if there's more.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    What makes you speculate/guess Son of Creeper?
    Yeah, good question. Paws Off makes sense if he wrote Lockjaw. But the other books Ryan North is known for are Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and the current Power Pack book. None of that makes me think of Creeper.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Until the day this is no longer a true worry, I see Robin-related anything having more priorities then gestures for LGBT+. Especially when one of those gestures includes deliberately using Nightwing/Grayson as a queerbaiting icon for the fandom who headcanon's his LGBT status without actually making him LGBT+.
    When I saw the Pride cover variant for Nightwing I legit thought they had already confirmed he was bi and I missed it.

Pleasantly surprised to see that annoying Suicide Squad concept losing to Swamp Thing of all things. I think DC has run the franchise to the ground over the last decade. The upcoming movie may have immensely bombed if it didn't get shafted to HBO Max.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    When I saw the Pride cover variant for Nightwing I legit thought they had already confirmed he was bi and I missed it.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that's part of the point of the whole dishonest thing. Get folk's hopes up (and maybe stir up drama that signal boosts) from people who genuinely don't know, including those who would be hopeful a Bi Nightwing was a thing that was canonized at some point in the past. And since it hasn't been (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am on this one), this means that DC can still "remain in the 'good graces'" of those who detest the idea. So, like I said, it ended up a strange variation of queerbaiting.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that's part of the point of the whole dishonest thing. Get folk's hopes up (and maybe stir up drama that signal boosts) from people who genuinely don't know, including those who would be hopeful a Bi Nightwing was a thing that was canonized at some point in the past. And since it hasn't been (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am on this one), this means that DC can still "remain in the 'good graces'" of those who detest the idea. So, like I said, it ended up a strange variation of queerbaiting.
    Wonderwoman hasn’t even had a proper girlfriend yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wonderwoman hasn’t even had a proper girlfriend yet
    Kasia was her girlfriend in Wonder Woman: Rebirth. One of the Amazons list a whole laundry list of women she's been with on Themyscira.

In Grant Morrison's Earth One, she locked lips with Artemis. Mala was Diana's 'bestfriend' during Martson's run and was confirmed as lovers in Morrison's Earth One.

Pre-Nu52 there was sexual tension between her and Io.

So yeah, Diana's been around. Writers/artists just can't show it.