Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It does not matter anymore. Robin is not only losing. I saw people in twitter admiting that is CHEATING..

One said that created 8 accounts because was not interested in more bat-comics(I read her comment in twitter) and another even created 20 according what I heard from one friend.

How disappointing.. I wanted ROBINS and probably I will not see it for Cheaters fault.
    So, is this going to compare to the idea that one person supposedly made a ridiculous number of calls in order to kill off Jason back in the day?

Incredible Member

Even with the cheating, that only works if people actually end up buying the book. So DC is just going to get burned in the end. I’m confident that GLs would have solid sales, tho not Blue Beetle.

Polls that tie to an actual commercial decision are always a bad idea.
    That being said, I'm pretty convinced they're going to release most of the pitches there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Sadly, with the numbers right now it seems like the Robins book won't continue to the next round.
    Notably, that's the situation only because some GL fans are using bots (there are multiple evidences that GL fans are botting the competition, with screenshots showing GL book gained 1000-3000 votes in a matter of minutes, and then had almost no votes in the next hours or even days).
    Robin won the Instagram poll so they will likely still win, there almost needs to be an 80:40 ratio win on Twitter to overcome Instagram's advantage.

Also, when Marvel did their X-Men poll they were able to detect bots and adjusted their results DC will probably be able to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Stephanie being included is a big no from me. So pass.
    Aw... but Stephanie was second best Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Aw... but Stephanie was second best Robin.
    Hahhahaha...

Unfortunately is not easy chance a Hater opinion about what he hates..

Last time that Tynion used her in Detective Comics gave to her a lot of enemies for example

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Stephanie being included is a big no from me. So pass.
    Why would she not be included? She was Robin just like the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It does not matter anymore. Robin is not only losing. I saw people in twitter admiting that is CHEATING..

One said that created 8 accounts because was not interested in more bat-comics(I read her comment in twitter) and another even created 20 according what I heard from one friend.

How disappointing.. I wanted ROBINS and probably I will not see it for Cheaters fault.
    All the more reason to hope that DC's not actually stupid enough to throw away all of these good ideas. Especially the ones who've made it this far. Having only one winner would be such a waste.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-11-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No matter how many times I see it still surprises me that Americans sell milk in gallon jugs. You guys drink that much?
    It's all the cereal breakfast isn't it? A whole family of at least 4, every day?
    I mean, they can still be bought in carts too but honestly, it's far more convenient than some other places. I remember when I was living in Canada I loooooathed bagged milk. I shouldn't have to cut a perfectly angled katana strike and be required to have accessories just to pour me a bowl of mini wheats.

on topic of Round Robin: not gonna cap, I'm fine with Robin not taking the W. I was rooting for it for a second but the premise and art they released didn't pull me. plus, it's giving very much We are Robin but just with the "official ones", so I took the absence of Duke lowkey personal. (yeah yeah "not an official Robin, why would he be there" blah blah)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-12-2021 at 02:56 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Why would she not be included? She was Robin just like the rest of them
    Jarro was more Robin than Steph. Even had a longer run. Don't get me wrong I love Steph but she was nowhere as much Robin as the Boy and carrie

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Jarro was more Robin than Steph. Even had a longer run. Don't get me wrong I love Steph but she was nowhere as much Robin as the Boy and carrie
    Her time was unfortunately short, thanks to the target Didio had on her back. But she was still Robin. That time shouldn't be swept under the rug just because it wasn't for very long.

Astonishing Member

I wish Duke (and the rest of his crew, too, for that matter) were afforded this level of defense and commitment, even if Duke (and his) was a non-traditional Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I wish Duke (and the rest of his crew, too, for that matter) were afforded this level of defense and commitment, even if Duke (and his) was a non-traditional Robin.
    Well said. Duke and the We Are Robin kids contributed much more to the legacy and meaning of Robin yet fans will insist that they aren't proper Robins because Bruce wasn't around or Alfred was the one who insisted on making them Robin.

Things that they share with Tim - Alfred was insisted when bruce flat out said no

Damian - who became Robin when Bruce was gone.

This is supposed to be a Title where the Robins talk about what it means to be Robin. Duke at the very least should have been there to represent the We Are Robin Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Her time was unfortunately short, thanks to the target Didio had on her back. But she was still Robin. That time shouldn't be swept under the rug just because it wasn't for very long.
    Steph's Time as Robin wasn't cut short because of some target that she had on her back. Her tenure was supposed to be short since the onlty reason she became Robin was a s a ploy to lure the Real Robin bck into the suit.

She was a temp filler and was always planned as such. No to mention that she is another Robin who was slotted in in a way that damages batman rather than add to his story.

Steph is often the one used to represent the female Robin. Due to fan's valuing getting their way over what is actually best. Steph is a negative representation while Carrie is the positive rep that girls who would like to see themselves represented amongst the Robin need.

Steph is my fav Batgirl but she is just more evidence for those that argue that Robin is a bad concept. I wish DC spotlighted Carrie half as much as they did Steph.

Carrie the 1st female Robin
    The 1st Robin who wasn't an orphan
    The 1st Robin to juggle a normal life and superheroics
    The 1st Robin who went seeking Batman.

Her time shouldn't be swept under the rug and her uniqueness passed on to a male Robin but her we are.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, is this going to compare to the idea that one person supposedly made a ridiculous number of calls in order to kill off Jason back in the day?
    Hahaha nice parallel

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Robin won the Instagram poll so they will likely still win, there almost needs to be an 80:40 ratio win on Twitter to overcome Instagram's advantage.

Also, when Marvel did their X-Men poll they were able to detect bots and adjusted their results DC will probably be able to do the same thing.
    GL also won on DC Universe.

Looks like Robins will not make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That's quite the accusation. GL has a large fanbase and Robins have a lot of Haters. You don't need bots when fans from every single franchise rally against the Robins which is what I have seen in threads here and on other comic sites.

The thing is that at nthe end of the day the losers are still the Jessie quicks and such. GL just like Robin is a huge IP's not underdogs. the Robin book likely will still get made and will end up selling very well meaning even more Robin related stuff going forward.

I don't think it's bots but rather envious and frustrated fans voting against Robin out of hate.
    Don't forget people who vote against Robin "for JLQ". Really don't understand the logic here, it's not like they will not meet GL and other books if they can move past Robin. Well, Twitters do Twitters.

DC Universe has a smaller userbase than Twitter let alone Instagram. If Robins is winning on Instagram it'll probably win overall.

In any case, they've clearly paid for art, so they'll use it somewhere. Backups, anthologies?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman