Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Was Bette's identity as "Betty" / "Bat-Girl" essentially written out post-CoIE when they changed her backstory to being "Flamebird"?

Isn't everything canon now? So it should be back in technically, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Even if Duke was never Robin he was still more of a Robin than Steph ever was. He actually operated as a proper sidekick to Batman. I just can't count Steph as an actual Robin because I don't think she really contributed anything to the identity. She was only put in the costume for a few issues in order to fail to push Tim's story forward, not her own. Batgirl and Spoiler are the identities that pushed her character forward. I mean I get it. Steph fans desperately want to have that time matter because there is a status of being included as a "Robin", and DC obviously wants to pat themselves on the back to show a female Robin, but I can't include her. Also the story it all happened in isn't even good. War Games is completely forgotten now. Maybe if it was some TDKR level of story that endured her fans can make more of an argument for it mattering like Carrie Kelly in TDKR, but it isn't.

I mean why isn't Helena Bertinelli considered a Batgirl if Steph is a Robin? She wore the Batgirl costume in No Mans Land. She should be included with Babs, Cass, and Steph. Then there is Bette Kane who created the Bat-Girl identity! Why isn't she included? She should be a proper Batgirl way before Steph is considered a proper Robin in my opinion, but DC is so inconsistent in how they want to deal with these legacy roles.
    Don't tell Scott Snyder that .

I mean, part of what drove her as Batgirl was how her Robin career ended up, so I feel like they're kind of interlinked.

I mean, Helena didn't have what Cass did which was Bruce and Babs' approval because she couldn't handle it in Batman's eyes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Duke's Robin status is kind of murky, if only because of Snyder.
    Exactly,

In the SuperHeavy arc of the main Batman book, Duke refers to himself as 'a Robin', later in Robin War he said 'I am not Robin' but that was to help Damian, then in King's run he would tell Bruce that 'I was not your Robin'

Hell, might as well include Starro too
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Even if Duke was never Robin he was still more of a Robin than Steph ever was. He actually operated as a proper sidekick to Batman. I just can't count Steph as an actual Robin because I don't think she really contributed anything to the identity. She was only put in the costume for a few issues in order to fail to push Tim's story forward, not her own. Batgirl and Spoiler are the identities that pushed her character forward. I mean I get it. Steph fans desperately want to have that time matter because there is a status of being included as a "Robin", and DC obviously wants to pat themselves on the back to show a female Robin, but I can't include her. Also the story it all happened in isn't even good. War Games is completely forgotten now. Maybe if it was some TDKR level of story that endured her fans can make more of an argument for it mattering like Carrie Kelly in TDKR, but it isn't.

I mean why isn't Helena Bertinelli considered a Batgirl if Steph is a Robin? She wore the Batgirl costume in No Mans Land. She should be included with Babs, Cass, and Steph. Then there is Bette Kane who created the Bat-Girl identity! Why isn't she included? She should be a proper Batgirl way before Steph is considered a proper Robin in my opinion, but DC is so inconsistent in how they want to deal with these legacy roles.
    Didnt steph become robin to get back at tim
    the whole thing of it is kinda lame . She was an excellent batgirl tho

Is this supposed to be in continuity? If not can we expect a an appearance from Carrie?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is this supposed to be in continuity? If not can we expect a an appearance from Carrie?
    I REALLY want Carrie. I know Miller doesn't allow her to be used in any DC main continuity related material but she has been in brave and the bold [granted that was prior to Miller shutting Tomasi down when he tried to use her in the B&R titles]

Looking over on Redditt, the CBE DC forum and Kyle's Appreciation thread I can't but wish the Robins lose.

here we are discussing something else. the comment about the Robins losing had like what 3 responses that's how little Fans on this side are invested. Like it's just another book [one that CBr Robins fans are split on whether it's a good idea]

It's a different story on the other side.

They are invested. It feels like [to me that is] they want it more.

Is Kyle even showning up anywhere else at the moment?

Kyle had few panels in new GL series, but no, he is slowly turning into a minor character for all intents and purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Kyle had few panels in new GL series, but no, he is slowly turning into a minor character for all intents and purposes.
    Which is a shame. Kyle [along with John] also isn't a part of the upcoming HBo series.

I'm honestly fine with anyone winning that's not Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Looking over on Redditt, the CBE DC forum and Kyle's Appreciation thread I can't but wish the Robins lose.

here we are discussing something else. the comment about the Robins losing had like what 3 responses that's how little Fans on this side are invested. Like it's just another book [one that CBr Robins fans are split on whether it's a good idea]

It's a different story on the other side.

They are invested. It feels like [to me that is] they want it more.

Is Kyle even showning up anywhere else at the moment?
    We don't have much to discuss, we don't even know the details of the story. It's a book about the Robins teaming-up, we had books about this before. Batman and Robin Eternal was basically the same thing, weekly.

Also, most of the Robins have books and things going on for them.

On the other side Kyle Rayner has being on the sideline for years now. Of course his fans are happy about a book with him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm honestly fine with anyone winning that's not Harley.
    I agree with this statement.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Which is a shame. Kyle [along with John] also isn't a part of the upcoming HBo series.
    John is be saved for the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    John is be saved for the movie
    Okay that's cool.