Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well said. Duke and the We Are Robin kids contributed much more to the legacy and meaning of Robin yet fans will insist that they aren't proper Robins because Bruce wasn't around or Alfred was the one who insisted on making them Robin.

Things that they share with Tim - Alfred was insisted when bruce flat out said no

Damian - who became Robin when Bruce was gone.

This is supposed to be a Title where the Robins talk about what it means to be Robin. Duke at the very least should have been there to represent the We Are Robin Movement
    you hit the nail on the head. The entire We are Robin movement (and Duke by extension) was a very compelling interpretation on the Robin as a mantle that opened up the identity up to everyone; which was the point of Robin as the archetypal superhero sidekick in the first place. It's not like DC forgot, they just invoked We Are Robin for the FS: Robin Eternal book with Tim. smh sadly typical missed opportunity on DC's part.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-12-2021 at 03:19 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

also, not gonna lie, I'm still unironically enjoying this cheap ass gimmick. this pretty much what I imagine fantasy football is like. I 1000% do not understand fantasy football
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

@ lightof justice it's important to bear in mind that these are the same people who are blaming Batman and Robin fans for being too greedy.

They are not being rational. The resentment for Batman and properties from the Bat side of the DCU has been growing and has only gotten worse recently with Dc publishing so many titles that have Bat in the title.

OIn the flip side the same fans ignore that when it comes to outside media DC favours non Batverse properties or at least is more even.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Jarro was more Robin than Steph. Even had a longer run. Don't get me wrong I love Steph but she was nowhere as much Robin as the Boy and carrie
    Seriously? That THING more Robin than Steph?

How consider that a Robin when Damian was still active as Robin?? Is like if that writer hated him.

Tim case is maybe different as the previous Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    All the more reason to hope that DC's not actually stupid enough to throw away all of these good ideas. Especially the ones who've made it this far. Having only one winner would be such a waste.
    One friend Told me that this ROBINS serie would had been possible during Rebirth Era(it seems that something about this was mentioned before)..

For this watching Twitter CHEATERS I lost the hope in it.. Despite I think that make the 4 series with Most Votes is not a big deal.. It would only be a 6 Issues Serie.

I would had not cared about lose in NORMAL CONDITIONS but see many idiots admiting that they cheated and people saying that something is suspicious here(like if a group of 20 friends started to create many accounts against ROBINS) pisses me.

I saw 1 idiot saying that created 8 accounts to make GL win because is tired of Bat-books.. Another idiot said that voted 20 times.

I hope that Suicide Squad or Blue Bettle WINS against GL to make these idiots feel to these idiots feel the Same frustation if only 1 comic will be out. Anyway. Ii prefer more BB. Suicide Squad is add ANOTHER HARLEY COMIC.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-12-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    @ lightof justice it's important to bear in mind that these are the same people who are blaming Batman and Robin fans for being too greedy.

They are not being rational. The resentment for Batman and properties from the Bat side of the DCU has been growing and has only gotten worse recently with Dc publishing so many titles that have Bat in the title.

OIn the flip side the same fans ignore that when it comes to outside media DC favours non Batverse properties or at least is more even.
    Well the issue is you have all those non Batman properties in outside media-that in most cases don't have anything in the comic side.

If you liked Star Girl's show. What do you have to read about her in comics? Or Vixen? Static? For all the hatred by trolls Ms Marvel, Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Falcon, Miles, Panther and so on gets-you still saw books with them.

Yes there are folks reading those books (even if they are trades). I don't think folks are ignoring it. Remember Batwoman and even Titans have the shadow of Batman. You have to explain why he is not around. Star Girl nor Doom Patrol have that issue.

What good is 18 different versions of Batman book? That stores eventually do whatever it takes to get those books off the shelves. Look at Midtown Comics-who is doing a 75% off sale-EXCLUDING We Are Robin, Son of Batman, Gotham Academy & Catwoman-it's mainly the Batman family followed by Superman, WW, Young Justice, Teen Titans, Nightwing, Red Hood, Aquaman, Harley & Silencer (of all books).

In all reality Robins, Superman, a Harley lead book and even Green Lantern has ZERO business in a Round Robin. Those are minis that SHOULD be greenlighted. Because all those folks have proven to be sellers. The Robins could fit in the Batman Urban book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Why would she not be included? She was Robin just like the rest of them.
    No, she wasn't. She was Robin for like what? One hour (and I'm being generous here)? She has no place among them or any connection to any one of them (besides Tim) or Batman to earn a spot in the series.

And I'm not saying this because I "hate" or "dislike" her. I simply dislike how forced her presence feel here.
    Last edited by Rise; 05-13-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    No, she wasn't. She was Robin for like what? One hour (and I'm being generous here)? She has no place among them or any connection to any one of them (besides Tim) or Batman to earn a spot in the series.

And I'm not saying this because I "hate" or "dislike" her. I simply dislike how forced her presence feel here.
    Seeley is for sure pandering which I get considering these titles are being forced to compete for votes.

I just hope the portrayals stay true to the actual canon and not internet HC's. Like others have suggested I believe those that have made it this far will see publication regardless of win/lose

I doubt that it is going to be true to the canon since there would be close to nothing to say about her and she clearly should have some focus in this potential book. I don't know, more I think about this pitch less I like it.

I mean, the nature of her status as Robin, both good and bad, and what it did to her...I think she has something to contribute or bring to the discussion since she's more on the Jason end than the Dick/Tim end of what the identity means.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, the nature of her status as Robin, both good and bad, and what it did to her...I think she has something to contribute or bring to the discussion since she's more on the Jason end than the Dick/Tim end of what the identity means.
    Agreed.

Especially since this is exactly the thing they are getting together to discuss.

Stephanie didn't bring anything of value except making herself and Batman look bad. Her one second stunt as Robin didn't do her or anyone any good and it's better for her to be only defined as Batgirl.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Stephanie didn't bring anything of value except making herself and Batman look bad. Her one second stunt as Robin didn't do her or anyone any good and it's better for her to be only defined as Batgirl.
    But part of what built up to her as Batgirl is what happened to her as Robin. It was her chance to really prove herself on her own terms and move on from what happened as well as make up for how badly being Robin ended for her.

As far as value...well, first in-canon female Robin and a lot of enthusiasm, even if it didn't end well.

Considering that no one in-universe cares about her being a Robin and has no impact on anyone, "first in-canon female" really mean nothing. As for enthusiasm, Jason was pretty enthusiastic before they decided to kill him off.

That being, it's just my personal opinion on this matter and the reason why I'm not really interested in the Robins series.
    – Dale Carnegie

Considering that no one in-universe cares about her being a Robin and has no impact on anyone, "first in-canon female" really mean nothing. As for enthusiasm, Jason was pretty enthusiastic before they decided to kill him off.

That being, it's just my personal opinion on this matter and the reason why I'm not really interested in the Robins series.
    I mean, they cared about her being Robin in-so-far as what happened because of it and how that effected events that came afterwards. I already pointed out how she and Jason were similar in terms of their tenure.

Eh, who cared? Her being Robin literally has zero affect on anyone besides her. It was easily written out and nothing of value was lost. And her similarity with Jason is just a further proof that she brought nothing new to the mantle and was pretty redundant.
    – Dale Carnegie