Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think Lanzing and Kelly's style really fits the more mature tone of a BL book tbh.
    I don’t think All-Star Superman does either but they slapped the label on it anyway . So really BL is just “prestige standalone graphic novel” rather than a label specifically for dark/mature stories. More than anything though, I want more Superman standalone stories set in his “prime” like Up in the Sky! that aren’t origin or ending stories and this looks to fit the bill.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #62
    Incredible Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    821

    Default

    I haven't read anything by the creative team of Superman & Lois: Ignition, but the artwork seems good. The concept art of the 'gigakraken of Neptune' looks stunning, like something out of a Pre Crisis Superman comic or All Star Superman with a Lovecraftian twist. It's a shame this won't beat the Harley Quinn Suicide Squad pitch.

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post


    There's no way it's not Robins v Harley: Dawn of Groans in the final, though.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    They should have put Harley vs Robins in the first round, that way we wouldn't have to wait till the end to know the final winner.

  5. #65
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post


    There's no way it's not Robins v Harley: Dawn of Groans in the final, though.

  6. #66
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Perfect. However long you spent in photoshop was worth it
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  7. #67
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Kelley and Lanzing were the ones who finished Grayson when King and Seeley had to step away to get Batman and Nightwing ready for Rebirth, and they've done some filler since then - they're solid underrated talents with a really good pitch here, but even I can't say this NEEDS to exist over Seeley doing Robins, or even the Suicide Squad book given the guy behind that has apparently done some acclaimed non-superhero work.
    I mean, does any book need to exist? This looks like a good book, we can want it to exist.

    That looks amazing!

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I haven't read anything by the creative team of Superman & Lois: Ignition, but the artwork seems good. The concept art of the 'gigakraken of Neptune' looks stunning, like something out of a Pre Crisis Superman comic or All Star Superman with a Lovecraftian twist. It's a shame this won't beat the Harley Quinn Suicide Squad pitch.
    Itís extremely close now on Twitter. Iím not sure if people voted on Instagram this time too óno clue. But right now itís within .2 % in Harleyís favor and thatís it.

    I think this book looks incredibly fresh and fun.

  9. #69
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Kelley and Lanzing were the ones who finished Grayson when King and Seeley had to step away to get Batman and Nightwing ready for Rebirth, and they've done some filler since then - they're solid underrated talents with a really good pitch here, but even I can't say this NEEDS to exist over Seeley doing Robins, or even the Suicide Squad book given the guy behind that has apparently done some acclaimed non-superhero work. The most interesting aspect at this point is the concept art by Vasco Georgiev, especially that gorgeous spread of Superman facing "the gigakraken of Neptune":







    As long as those editors weren't bullshitting about us probably seeing most of these pitches in some form down the road, I won't shed any tears for this not being the winner.

    Why do Harley Quinn and the Robins ďneed to existĒ though? Especially over Lois actually getting to co-headline a book with Superman?

    None of these books ďneedĒ to exist if thatís the metric. But you can make a decent argument that Lois Lane getting used in such a fun and creative way (vs the current Superman books basically throwing her in the trash bc ďspaceĒ) is just as important if not more important than Harley or The Robins.

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    Suicide Squad is winning on Instagram 55% vs. 45% so we won’t be getting S&L sadly. Hope to see this story play out in an anthology, backups, or maybe in its own mini done the line.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Suicide Squad is winning on Instagram 55% vs. 45% so we won’t be getting S&L sadly. Hope to see this story play out in an anthology, backups, or maybe in its own mini done the line.
    There are still 2 days to vote and they are in a dead heat on Twitter and on DC universe.

    I know going up against Harley was never going to be easy but this isn’t over yet, guys.

  12. #72
    Amazing Member Kara Danvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I'm not mad that Superman & Lois won't win now that I know who's writing it.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    Superman & Lois eeked out the win on Twitter by 1% (which works out to 135 votes) and lost DC Infinite by 84 votes. Now to see if the Instagram pushes Suicide Squad over the top.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-15-2021 at 09:23 AM.

  14. #74
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Superman & Lois eeked out the win on Twitter by 1% (which works out to 135 votes) and lost DC Infinite by 84 votes. Now to see if the Instagram pushes Suicide Squad over the top.
    Suicide Squad won, with 55% of the votes on Instagram there’s no way it didn’t win. Oh well, I’ll hope we get to see this pitch get made someday.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Suicide Squad won, with 55% of the votes on Instagram there’s no way it didn’t win. Oh well, I’ll hope we get to see this pitch get made someday.
    Depends on the number of voters, Instagram stories don't get the same type of engagement as posts, but it's razor thin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •