Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Jimmy Olsen and Son of the Creeper also fit pretty solidly into the type of books they've had for the YA line. Superman & Lois sounds more like a digital first tie in to the show to me. Considering so many of CW shows seem to get those at one point or another.
    The name is definitely tying into the show but the pitch as different from the show as you can get. Pure science fiction adventure with big stakes rather than the small town focus of the show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The name is definitely tying into the show but the pitch as different from the show as you can get. Pure science fiction adventure with big stakes rather than the small town focus of the show.
    Oh definitely. But I don't know that it forecloses that. Pre-Arroverse Crisis Lois & Clark went off planet together. That's seemingly been retconned out but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Oh definitely. But I don't know that it forecloses that. Pre-Arroverse Crisis Lois & Clark went off planet together. That's seemingly been retconned out but who knows.
    Ah you’re thinking it’s set in the Arrowverse? Honestly I doubt they’d bother throwing together a show tie-in into a contest like this, those tie-ins typically happen regardless because they’re cheap to make. I think this will be an Elseworld comic unconnected to either the show or Earth 0, but the show might draw on it if it’s good since the people involved are definitely knowledgeable about their comics. I sure as hell wouldn’t mind the show going in a similar direction as this pitch but alas I doubt the budget could sustain it or that the pitch can beat HQ in the next round.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I remember the Flash Digital First comic had a more comic-accurate Flash but a black Iris West.

Extraordinary Member

Now we’re going to get crushed by Harley but at least I know who I want to see on the Superman books one day. Collin Kelley and Jackson Lanzing huh? Don’t know those names but if they’re the ones who came up with the pitch I want them to be doing Superman in some form sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The art looks cute .

Kelly and Lanzing? Haven't heard of them since Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The art looks cute .

Kelly and Lanzing? Haven't heard of them since Green Arrow.
    Oh they were the ones who took over after Percy was done? They got stiffed, DC basically brought them on to write filler but didn’t tell them they were writing filler. Glad they’re getting another shot and I would love to read this someday.

I got no interest in this title but voting against Harley and the Hot Topic Squad is something I'll never turn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I got no interest in this title but voting against Harley and the Hot Topic Squad is something I'll never turn down.
    We appreciate your support during these trying times. Won’t lie I’m very curious as to how the Instagram voting for this pitch will go even though I feel certain the final two will be HQ vs Robins

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Kelley and Lanzing were the ones who finished Grayson when King and Seeley had to step away to get Batman and Nightwing ready for Rebirth, and they've done some filler since then - they're solid underrated talents with a really good pitch here, but even I can't say this NEEDS to exist over Seeley doing Robins, or even the Suicide Squad book given the guy behind that has apparently done some acclaimed non-superhero work. The most interesting aspect at this point is the concept art by Vasco Georgiev, especially that gorgeous spread of Superman facing "the gigakraken of Neptune":

As long as those editors weren't bullshitting about us probably seeing most of these pitches in some form down the road, I won't shed any tears for this not being the winner.
    Buh-bye

God that looks so cool. Whole thing screams “classic in the making”. DC gives every bum off the street a BL Batman book but the only BL Superman book they’ll approve is Miller Year One instead of something like this?

Extraordinary Member

God that looks so cool. Whole thing screams “classic in the making”. DC gives every bum off the street a BL Batman book but the only BL Superman book they’ll approve is Miller Year One instead of something like this?
    I don't think Lanzing and Kelly's style really fits the more mature tone of a BL book tbh.

We appreciate your support during these trying times. Won’t lie I’m very curious as to how the Instagram voting for this pitch will go even though I feel certain the final two will be HQ vs Robins

I like Lois' loo, but I miss her with longer hair.