Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think Lanzing and Kelly's style really fits the more mature tone of a BL book tbh.
    I don’t think All-Star Superman does either but they slapped the label on it anyway . So really BL is just “prestige standalone graphic novel” rather than a label specifically for dark/mature stories. More than anything though, I want more Superman standalone stories set in his “prime” like Up in the Sky! that aren’t origin or ending stories and this looks to fit the bill.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I haven't read anything by the creative team of Superman & Lois: Ignition, but the artwork seems good. The concept art of the 'gigakraken of Neptune' looks stunning, like something out of a Pre Crisis Superman comic or All Star Superman with a Lovecraftian twist. It's a shame this won't beat the Harley Quinn Suicide Squad pitch.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

There's no way it's not Robins v Harley: Dawn of Groans in the final, though.

They should have put Harley vs Robins in the first round, that way we wouldn't have to wait till the end to know the final winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

There's no way it's not Robins v Harley: Dawn of Groans in the final, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Perfect. However long you spent in photoshop was worth it
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Kelley and Lanzing were the ones who finished Grayson when King and Seeley had to step away to get Batman and Nightwing ready for Rebirth, and they've done some filler since then - they're solid underrated talents with a really good pitch here, but even I can't say this NEEDS to exist over Seeley doing Robins, or even the Suicide Squad book given the guy behind that has apparently done some acclaimed non-superhero work.
    I mean, does any book need to exist? This looks like a good book, we can want it to exist.

That looks amazing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I haven't read anything by the creative team of Superman & Lois: Ignition, but the artwork seems good. The concept art of the 'gigakraken of Neptune' looks stunning, like something out of a Pre Crisis Superman comic or All Star Superman with a Lovecraftian twist. It's a shame this won't beat the Harley Quinn Suicide Squad pitch.
    It’s extremely close now on Twitter. I’m not sure if people voted on Instagram this time too —no clue. But right now it’s within .2 % in Harley’s favor and that’s it.

I think this book looks incredibly fresh and fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Kelley and Lanzing were the ones who finished Grayson when King and Seeley had to step away to get Batman and Nightwing ready for Rebirth, and they've done some filler since then - they're solid underrated talents with a really good pitch here, but even I can't say this NEEDS to exist over Seeley doing Robins, or even the Suicide Squad book given the guy behind that has apparently done some acclaimed non-superhero work. The most interesting aspect at this point is the concept art by Vasco Georgiev, especially that gorgeous spread of Superman facing "the gigakraken of Neptune":

As long as those editors weren't bullshitting about us probably seeing most of these pitches in some form down the road, I won't shed any tears for this not being the winner.

Why do Harley Quinn and the Robins “need to exist” though? Especially over Lois actually getting to co-headline a book with Superman?

None of these books “need” to exist if that’s the metric. But you can make a decent argument that Lois Lane getting used in such a fun and creative way (vs the current Superman books basically throwing her in the trash bc “space”) is just as important if not more important than Harley or The Robins.

Suicide Squad is winning on Instagram 55% vs. 45% so we won’t be getting S&L sadly. Hope to see this story play out in an anthology, backups, or maybe in its own mini done the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Suicide Squad is winning on Instagram 55% vs. 45% so we won’t be getting S&L sadly. Hope to see this story play out in an anthology, backups, or maybe in its own mini done the line.
    There are still 2 days to vote and they are in a dead heat on Twitter and on DC universe.

I know going up against Harley was never going to be easy but this isn’t over yet, guys.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

I'm not mad that Superman & Lois won't win now that I know who's writing it.

Superman & Lois eeked out the win on Twitter by 1% (which works out to 135 votes) and lost DC Infinite by 84 votes. Now to see if the Instagram pushes Suicide Squad over the top.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-15-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Superman & Lois eeked out the win on Twitter by 1% (which works out to 135 votes) and lost DC Infinite by 84 votes. Now to see if the Instagram pushes Suicide Squad over the top.
    Suicide Squad won, with 55% of the votes on Instagram there’s no way it didn’t win. Oh well, I’ll hope we get to see this pitch get made someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Suicide Squad won, with 55% of the votes on Instagram there’s no way it didn’t win. Oh well, I’ll hope we get to see this pitch get made someday.
    Depends on the number of voters, Instagram stories don't get the same type of engagement as posts, but it's razor thin.