Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I actually agree with this quite a bit, except you still need a way to reveal the origin of MechaG to the audience. But you could do it all with just the deaf girl, Rebecca Hall, the Apex guys and Lind. And then you can lose a bunch of stuff from the film that is full of holes and questions (like where they got a net big enough and tough enough to move Kong).

I think I would have done it this way: Godzilla has begun rampaging, just as we see in the film. The audience becomes aware that he's attacking facilities related purely to Apex and only Apex. Meanwhile the human villain and Serizawa are running around the world trying to complete a mystery project, which the audience learns is why they believe Godzilla is targeting them. Lind is part of this team, and works with Apex for the bulk of the film. For whatever reason, the head of Apex seems thrilled by the prospect of Godzilla attacking, which the audience is initially confused by. Apex goes to Skull Island, believing that they can gain access to the Hollow Earth and find the power source they want. This leads Godzilla to the island for G v K, Round 1. Godzilla takes the first fight, and their battle destabilizes the storm around the island, causing it to close in and swallow the island, devastating it and killing all the inhabitants. However, it also opens a path to the Hollow Earth, which Apex takes.

Kong rescues the deaf girl and Rebecca Hall and the trio descend into the Hollow Earth. We follow them as they explore, and Kong battles the indigenous Titan-class wildlife. It's like Skull Island on steroids. Kong doesn't want to go back to the surface, and it becomes clear that while he's not scared of Godzilla he doesn't want to fight him again. He wants to remain here, as it feels like home.

Meanwhile, the Apex team are on a clock. They activate and test MechaG, the Crawler test we see in the finished film, and this leads to another Godzilla attack. They are forced to evacuate a piece of technology, which will turn out to be the control pod for MechaG (containing the desiccated skull of Ghidorah, which the audience gets to see for the first time). However, in the Hollow Earth, their team successfully locate the power source and extract some of it.

Kong and Co. find the throne, and the axe. Rebecca Hall gets her dialogue about the ancient rivalry. Kong's humans make contact with the Apex team, who threaten them, inciting Kong's wrath. Kong attacks. They capture the girl and Rebecca Hall, which buys them time as Kong holds back. They flee. Despite the girl confirming Kong does not wanting to go back to the surface, Kong pursues.

Godzilla attacks Hong Kong, the site of MechaG's development. The Apex team race to weaponize the power source, while Rebecca Hall and the deaf girl learn the truth about Ghidorah being the basis for MechaG. One head built into the robot, the other used as the control pod. Kong arrives, and is forced into G v K, Round 2 (which can essentially play out exactly as it does in the final film). This buys Apex more time. Lind turns coat and tries to helps the ladies escape, and Hall gets to be indignant that the only reason Godzilla is on the rampage at all is because he senses his oldest and most dangerous enemy and everything is Apex's fault! They are ultimately recaptured.

G v K winds down, but MechaG is powered up. And the rest of the movie plays out the same, save it being Rebecca Hall, Lind and the deaf girl who witness the Apex head guy's death at MechaG's hand. Ghidorah has been reborn, in a new body. And we get the climax. Happy-ish ending. The human story could be about Hall's character connecting with the deaf girl, and the two of them with Lind, culminating in them all working together to revive Kong and convince him to save the day, opposed to Apex's greed and hubris which ultimately unleashed Ghidorah-as-MechaG. Simple, compact, and accomplishes everything the film needs.
    Some of this is fine, but I personally don't like changing Kong's motivations.

I like it better than he wont "bend the knee" to Godzilla and they both think they run shit. I think your version made him too human... only fighting to save two humans is "meh" to me. it is to... human lol.

I think you could have just simply eliminated team Godzilla, gave more time to Apex, and just reveal later by panning out that they are using Ghidorahs skull. You can use exposition between Apex Guy 1 and Apex Guy 2 about how it works if needed.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Are we ever getting a Mothra vs Godzilla remake?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Meh...the only thing I'd change is the Godzilla team basically being the Scooby Gang. I wish the script was smart enough to make them get to Simmons et al without pretending security doesn't exist. Days after seeing this that's the only thing bugging me. That and I needed more Mechagodzilla.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Are we ever getting a Mothra vs Godzilla remake?
    IMO it should've come in 2017, between G14 and KotM

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Meh...the only thing I'd change is the Godzilla team basically being the Scooby Gang. I wish the script was smart enough to make them get to Simmons et al without pretending security doesn't exist. Days after seeing this that's the only thing bugging me. That and I needed more Mechagodzilla.
    Yeah it seemed like Apex should have invested in some security cameras.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it seemed like Apex should have invested in some security cameras.
    In their defense, the things they are wrangling aren't exactly subtle

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In their defense, the things they are wrangling aren't exactly subtle
    I didn't mind that as much when watching because at least the movie is aware the whole thing is ridiculous. Simmons is so cartoonishly powerful and full of himself he built a tech empire with underground Titan farms, then admits Greenpeace already infiltrated him maybe last Tuesday. Just an excuse for Bernie to crack a joke.

But then my mind went to dark places and wondered what Simmons did to the Greenpeace activists. I hope he bought them an island each and mailed them a spot explaining the benefits of global Mechagodzilling.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I didn't mind that as much when watching because at least the movie is aware the whole thing is ridiculous. Simmons is so cartoonishly powerful and full of himself he built a tech empire with underground Titan farms, then admits Greenpeace already infiltrated him maybe last Tuesday. Just an excuse for Bernie to crack a joke.

But then my mind went to dark places and wondered what Simmons did to the Greenpeace activists. I hope he bought them an island each and mailed them a spot explaining the benefits of global Mechagodzilling.
    Nah, more like he turned them into Solyent Green

Ultimate Member

How does this MechaGodzilla compare to other versions?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Most powerful live action one easily

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Most powerful live action one easily
    While I miss the spinning shield, the combination with Garuda and the Absolute Zero ray, I really enjoyed how he absolutely demolished Godzilla within a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'd still put Kiryu over it personally.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'd still put Kiryu over it personally.
    Kiryu had more of a personality.

Although I've heard the manga of GvMG 93 had a similar idea of KG's brain controlling MG.

I liked it better than OG and Super Mecha from the Hesei era. I still think I like ToMG and GAMG and SOS better. So middle of the pack for me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I liked it better than OG and Super Mecha from the Hesei era. I still think I like ToMG and GAMG and SOS better. So middle of the pack for me.
    Ok. I liked Super MechaG's power up but his design wasn't threatening enough IMO