Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What didn't make sense? I thought the story logic was pretty good, overall
    Not if you think about anything that was happening.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-02-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I actually laughed at Godzilla laughing at Kong after he nailed him with the atomic breath spam.

I know it seemed a bit out of character but it was funny.
    Found that funny as well. Was really rooting for Godzilla as the writers already gave Kong a growth spurt and an energy ax.

A few thoughts:

- Hollow earth is different from Atlantis in KOTM
    - Both titans are still the only ones of their kind. Though like the MUTO, there might be another hibernating Godzilla
    - I thought the Madison side arc not really needed, same for Serizawa Jr

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not if you think about anything that was happening.
    That's not an answer.

Godzilla was running around, sensing an old enemy. Along the way he took a detour to keep his top dog status.

To fight him off and to power their mech, Apex transported Kong to hollow earth, and get the power source. Along the way, they found some history, and Kong a weapon. They fought to determine top dog status. After that, machine went crazy, and both took it down.

Not Citizen Kane by any measure, but pretty clear for a giant monster movie.

That's not an answer.

Godzilla was running around, sensing an old enemy. Along the way he took a detour to keep his top dog status.

To fight him off and to power their mech, Apex transported Kong to hollow earth, and get the power source. Along the way, they found some history, and Kong a weapon. They fought to determine top dog status. After that, machine went crazy, and both took it down.

Yes, that is the story. So I shouldn't have said it made no sense. What made no sense is almost everything about the human characters. I could write a couple of paragraphs about that. But I don't care to put out the effort.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Excuse me for this but ... I have a friend who works in a zoo. She once took me behind the scenes for the chimp exhibit. Watch this, she said. Well, the chimp surreptitiously pooped in his hand. Then he sauntered up to the front of the cage and blasted a gaggle of moms and kids in strollers. A suggestion for Kong.

The movie avoided Kong's needs on the ship. It would have been gross.

That's not an answer.

The energy source bothered me. It would be one thing if the company got a sample and brought it BACK to be used to power MechaGodzilla. But all they needed to do was.... what? remotely sample it, then duplicate its energy pattern?

Also, they made a big deal about getting into the hollow earth. Kong and the humans in the ships went through some kind of portal to get there. But all Godzilla needed to do is blast from the surface for long enough and he'd reach the center of the tootsie roll pop? And then Kong could just slide on down that new tunnel with no problem?

That's not an answer.

Yeah, I thought the humans did just enough in the movie to drive the plot and then got out of the way.

Godzilla was too much humans and too slow, although I got what they were going for.

KotM, the humans were distractingly bad. And I don't think the monster fight choreography made up for it.

GvK, I thought the humans did their job. I probably could have done with less Team Godzilla, but they kinda broke up the crazy seriousness of the other crews. Yes, the way stuff happened was super freaking convenient but whatever... I dont need a forced human aspect to this.

+ the fight choreography with the monsters was great. And the movie was short enough that nothing seemed to drag.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I like how simple minded and reptilian? Godzilla is compared to Kong.

All Godzilla wants is for everyone to respect his authority lol. Zero nuance there at all. Find whatever is pissing him off and smash it until they die or submit. The end. Whoever gets crushed inbetween well... too bad lol.

Also... Kong dropping his axe at the end was him submitting to the Alpha correct? Godzilla was ready to go AGAIN (back to his one note simple mindedness) and Kong was done and just wanted to go home lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like how simple minded and reptilian? Godzilla is compared to Kong.

All Godzilla wants is for everyone to respect his authority lol. Zero nuance there at all. Find whatever is pissing him off and smash it until they die or submit. The end. Whoever gets crushed inbetween well... too bad lol.

Also... Kong dropping his axe at the end was him submitting to the Alpha correct? Godzilla was ready to go AGAIN (back to his one note simple mindedness) and Kong was done and just wanted to go home lol.
    I thought it was Kong saying there was no reason to fight. As the little girl said, they were not enemies. Kong had just saved G.

Ultimate Member

I thought it was Kong saying there was no reason to fight. As the little girl said, they were not enemies. Kong had just saved G.
    Could be submission, could be peace offering, could be Kong feeling that a fight was now dishonorable.

Open to interpretation, until we hear from Kong's actor

Could be submission, could be peace offering, could be Kong feeling that a fight was now dishonorable.

Open to interpretation, until we hear from Kong's actor
    Kong can sign, he can tell us.

Exactly my thoughts. As has been stated, Kong was the protagonist do I doubt it was the writer's intentions to make him subservient to Godzilla. They parted with mutual respect.

It seemed like G was fully willing the rumble again

Where does G even go... i cant remember in KotM

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It seemed like G was fully willing the rumble again

Where does G even go... i cant remember in KotM
    Atlantis or something like it.

Back to Monster Island with Godzookie