Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Batman: The Long Halloween Animated Film Voice Actors Cast!

When you start as a Robin but live long enough to become Batman. Ackles as Batman should be awesome .

RIP Naya Rivera. I think she'll be a terrific Catwoman, but it's so sad that this will be her last role .

Josh Duhamel as Harvey Dent? Harvey's little clean and straight forward compared to what I expect from Duhamel, but I'm curious how he sounds as Harvey and Two-Face.

David Dastmachlan trying to collect as many comic book roles as he can. First Aba Kadabra, Polka Dot Man, and now Calendar Man.

I thought we were getting Amy Landecker as Batgirl Barbara Gordon before I remembered that's also the name of Gordon's wife.

Troy Baker as Joker! It's always fun hearing him as the Clown Prince of Crime.

Alistair Duncan is always a treat as Alfred.

That's a spooky looking Batman.

I wonder if they're leaving out some villains but I might be mis-remembering the exact timing of their appearance in the first half of Long Halloween other than Joker and Grundy .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you start as a Robin but live long enough to become Batman. Ackles as Batman should be awesome .

RIP Naya Rivera. I think she'll be a terrific Catwoman, but it's so sad that this will be her last role .

Josh Duhamel as Harvey Dent? Harvey's little clean and straight forward compared to what I expect from Duhamel, but I'm curious how he sounds as Harvey and Two-Face.

David Dastmachlan trying to collect as many comic book roles as he can. First Aba Kadabra, Polka Dot Man, and now Calendar Man.

I thought we were getting Amy Landecker as Batgirl Barbara Gordon before I remembered that's also the name of Gordon's wife.

Troy Baker as Joker! It's always fun hearing him as the Clown Prince of Crime.

Alistair Duncan is always a treat as Alfred.

That's a spooky looking Batman.

I wonder if they're leaving out some villains but I might be mis-remembering the exact timing of their appearance in the first half of Long Halloween other than Joker and Grundy .
    Taking the first seven issues as a starting point, the main rogues (mobsters aside) seen in order are: Catwoman, Solomon Grundy, Joker, Calender Man, Poison Ivy and Riddler,

I think odds aren't looking good for Ivy appearing as she was in the first half of the story. TBF though, Loeb used her in TLH almost in the same manner as he later did in Hush, which the movies already covered her in, with her hired to control one of the World's Finest and Selina coming to the rescue. So not very surprised if they decided to bench Pam this time around in order to streamline the story (even if it's a two-parter).

I'm more surprised more members of the Falcone family aren't listed (yet) in the roster of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think odds aren't looking good for Ivy appearing as she was in the first half of the story. TBF though, Loeb used her in TLH almost in the same manner as he later did in Hush, which the movies already covered her in, with her hired to control one of the World's Finest and Selina coming to the rescue. So not very surprised if they decided to bench Pam this time around in order to streamline the story (even if it's a two-parter).

I'm more surprised more members of the Falcone family aren't listed (yet) in the roster of characters.
    I think Katee Sachoff was rumored to be in the movie, so maybe she's playing Ivy? Or Sofia Falcone.

There are a lot of voice actors who haven’t been attached publicly to a role, so Ivy might still be coming.

Astonishing Member

Straight out of the comic!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

That looks good. I'm excited for this.

I wish they would do a massive no man's land movie. They could easily do two movies at 2 and a half hours each that covers cataclysm road to no man's land and no man's land.

Almost reminds me of Year One .

Almost reminds me of Year One .
    Which is nice, since TLH was supposed to be between his first and second years.

I don't know - it looks too close to the style used for Superman: The Man of Tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Which is nice, since TLH was supposed to be between his first and second years.
    Actually TLH started some way into Year 2 and continued on into Year 3.

The rough chronology is:

Year One
    Dark Moon Rising
    The Man Who Laughs
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory

You can slot in miscellaneous Year One era stories into the period between Year One and The Long Halloween. The idea is that between Year One and TLH, the costumed villains started to appear, but its by the time of TLH, that the traditional Mob is really being wiped out and the super-villains are starting to take over.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see an adaptation of The Man Who Laughs. Contrary to the movies, we've never seen a good animated adaptation of Batman's first encounter with the Joker (barring the first episode of The Batman, but I'm talking something a bit more...traditional).

Actually TLH started some way into Year 2 and continued on into Year 3.

The rough chronology is:

Year One
    Dark Moon Rising
    The Man Who Laughs
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory

You can slot in miscellaneous Year One era stories into the period between Year One and The Long Halloween. The idea is that between Year One and TLH, the costumed villains started to appear, but its by the time of TLH, that the traditional Mob is really being wiped out and the super-villains are starting to take over.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see an adaptation of The Man Who Laughs. Contrary to the movies, we've never seen a good animated adaptation of Batman's first encounter with the Joker (barring the first episode of The Batman, but I'm talking something a bit more...traditional).
    You can also slot most of the Legends of the Dark Knight into that rough chronology (although Prey and Dark Moon Rising's Monster Men kind of contradict each other a bit). There's also Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper and When in Rome somewhere in there. And then Robin Year One and Batgirl Year One after Dark Victory.

The Man Who Laughs might need to be changed a bit to be more "cinematic" for a movie, but I agree I'd love to see it get adapted.

is this rated PG or will it be the semi-R rated content for a lot of the more recent DC DTV stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is this rated PG or will it be the semi-R rated content for a lot of the more recent DC DTV stories?
    We don't know yet. Although I'm assuming you meant PG 13 - no way it'll be PG, none of their films in this line are PG (and none are "semi-R" either - either it's R rated or it isn't). But between PG 13 and R is anyone's guess. On the one hand, The Dark Knight and Under the Red Hood were pretty dark but squeaked by with PG 13 ratings. On the other hand, the movies have trended more towards R lately, and The Long Halloween is dark and violent enough that it can definitely earn R.
    We'll see when it gets a bit closer to release I guess. I imagine the sneak peek on the JSA WWII movie will reveal it.