Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess to me, I just don't really see it as a generic so it's fine for me and it's really grown on me.

Visually it looks good and I think it fits, which is what I personally think matters at the end of the day. Butch Lukic said they were considering trying to adapt Sale's style before they shifted into using the current art style and I feel it's still evocative of his art in the clips I've seen.
    To each their own - I think it works okay I guess, but to me it'll never be evocative of Sale's and I still don't like it as much as the prior style. Two movies in, trailers for a third, and I think I can safely say that while I don't hate it or anything, I'll never actually like it either. I just can't rise above "neutral" regarding my feelings towards it - and neutral isn't exactly something you want for a mostly visual medium, especially since three out of every four movies for the next five years or more is going to look exactly like this. I guess for people who didn't like the old style any, I'll get to know what it was like for them. For almost every movie. For half a decade or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To each their own - I think it works okay I guess, but to me it'll never be evocative of Sale's and I still don't like it as much as the prior style. Two movies in, trailers for a third, and I think I can safely say that while I don't hate it or anything, I'll never actually like it either. I just can't rise above "neutral" regarding my feelings towards it - and neutral isn't exactly something you want for a mostly visual medium, especially since three out of every four movies for the next five years or more is going to look exactly like this. I guess for people who didn't like the old style any, I'll get to know what it was like for them. For almost every movie. For half a decade or more.
    Well, I liked Bourassa's style, but I also appreciate this style for what it is and think the movie looks good. So I'm personally satisfied .

Well, I liked Bourassa's style, but I also appreciate this style for what it is and think the movie looks good. So I'm personally satisfied .
    I know. But I'm not. Different tastes and all.

This...this is too adorable for words:

Happy Father's Day.

This...this is too adorable for words:

Happy Father's Day.
    So they're having Barbara being really young, uh? Makes sense the younger Jim Gordon the younger she gets too. So what happened to Barbara in Year One did Frank Miller forget about her?

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    So they're having Barbara being really young, uh? Makes sense the younger Jim Gordon the younger she gets too. So what happened to Barbara in Year One did Frank Miller forget about her?
    I don't think Barbara was ever a consideration for Miller at the time.

I don't think Barbara was ever a consideration for Miller at the time.
    I think him forgetting about her is what led to the whole adopted niece thing they had going on post crisis.

I wonder if she is around Dick's age in this. If so, this could mean if Dick does show up she can still be older than him. But on a serious note you guys think they will adapt Year One Batgirl in the same universe? I hope they do BoP animated movie. I wonder if this time both Tim and Jason will appear at some point. Heck Steph and Cass too
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-21-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Babs being a minor character feels to me like the kind of story change that *should* be more beneficial than not - while The Long Halloween is a long story, it’s also rather sparse in some areas.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Babs being a minor character feels to me like the kind of story change that *should* be more beneficial than not - while The Long Halloween is a long story, it’s also rather sparse in some areas.
    I feel the same way about Renee Montoya being in it.

It'll be interesting how she'll fit in this story considering she wasn't in the original. Will they make her his adopted niece maybe? She probably won't even have a significant role just a little cameo to introduce her to the new animated universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    It'll be interesting how she'll fit in this story considering she wasn't in the original. Will they make her his adopted niece maybe? She probably won't even have a significant role just a little cameo to introduce her to the new animated universe.
    She looks so young I think she's probably going to be their biological daughter and just a little older than James. Jr.

She looks so young I think she's probably going to be their biological daughter and just a little older than James. Jr.
    That's going to add an entire different dynamic to the part where the Holiday killer is consuming so much of Gordon's time that he misses time with his family. He's probably missing her birthday party.

I really hope they follow this up with Dark Victory.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I really hope they follow this up with Dark Victory.
    They talked in an interview about pitching Dark Victory. I think if they do another Batman movie with Ackles' Batman, it'll probably be Dark Victory.