Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Well, here, I feel the fact they split the story in two means they shouldn’t have any reason to do that. Gotham by Gaslight got expanded because the previous story wasn’t big enough to make a movie from (and I’d say it was improved, actually), while Hush was too big to adapt as shortly as they wanted.

Plus... I could be wrong, but I think we can see they already modified the film a little bit: I don’t remember Catwoman lying on top of a huge pile of money, particularly what seems to be the Falcone’s pile of money... but if they have her personally lead them to the cash, that would be a fun change that doesn’t change the story.
    It may just be false advertising, but the trailer also implies a bigger role for the Joker than he had in the book, though I guess this is unsurprising.

How many parts is this meant to be?

Well, here, I feel the fact they split the story in two means they shouldn’t have any reason to do that. Gotham by Gaslight got expanded because the previous story wasn’t big enough to make a movie from (and I’d say it was improved, actually), while Hush was too big to adapt as shortly as they wanted.

Plus... I could be wrong, but I think we can see they already modified the film a little bit: I don’t remember Catwoman lying on top of a huge pile of money, particularly what seems to be the Falcone’s pile of money... but if they have her personally lead them to the cash, that would be a fun change that doesn’t change the story.
    ...crap. I'm worried how many "improvements" they felt to shoehorn in here now.
    Oh well. I still have the comic book. Maybe DC's golden age of animation will come again in another decade maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It may just be false advertising, but the trailer also implies a bigger role for the Joker than he had in the book, though I guess this is unsurprising.

How many parts is this meant to be?
    Two films, 13 issue series, so six or seven issues in part one more or less I would guess.

Looking back at the trailer they called it a Dc universe movie. They generally don't say that about their own films. I wonder if this is leading anything but unlikely. I wonder what other Batman movies are next. The only issue is they hopefully expand other Batfam movies also

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Looking back at the trailer they called it a Dc universe movie. They generally don't say that about their own films. I wonder if this is leading anything but unlikely. I wonder what other Batman movies are next. The only issue is they hopefully expand other Batfam movies also
    The Long Halloween part 2

On this page alone two of the three people commenting are blocked lmfao.

I'm excited for this film. I don't mind if the jokers role is extended as I found his role in the book a tad desperate and childish. One of the reasons I loved Heaths joker was because it felt like a proper joker in a film inspired by LH. If only a better actor played Harvey in the dark knight.

We have some new images.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-16-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Considering how difficult getting Sale’s designs on screen would be, I actually like these designs for the characters…
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I'm curious how this movie will go

Considering how difficult getting Sale’s designs on screen would be, I actually like these designs for the characters…
    I think it remains true to the spirit of the story even if it's not a direct recreation of Sale's art, but some of the faces I've seen in the clips do a good job of evoking his art in my opinion.

I mean if it's part of the shared universe would so they want to change the art style? I'm curious did Gordon's wife appear in long Halloween?

They're serviceable designs, but the style is just too flat for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if it's part of the shared universe would so they want to change the art style?
    I still think that's a horrible mistake. I'd give anything for this film to have been made years ago before they started the shared universe, right off the heels of their adaptation of Year One.

I'm curious did Gordon's wife appear in long Halloween?
    I don't remember the context over all these years, but she did! In both Long Halloween and Dark Victory - although none of her panels were worth talking about.

Okay. I guess many were right. This Barbara could be Mrs. Gordon. It's weird they don't specific it like Mrs. Gordon or Barbara Keene

I remember Barbara Sr. having a nice scene with Gilda and being important to Jim's arc.

spoilers:
    But apparently Barbara Gordon Jr. and James Jr. are both in this as kids.
    end of spoilers

I love Sale’s art but I do love the style of the animated film. It’s SO MUCH BETTER than the old look of the animated films. They feel more comic like while still having some structure/volume to them. Also it doesn’t abuse all the shines and lighting that the old Hush style did.