Default MCU Ant Man vs Mountain Giants (The Hobbit) vs Mountain Giants (Warcraft 3)

Who takes it?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I can't really talk about Warcraft, but seeing as the Mountain Giants in The Hobbit film were basically *actual bipedal mountains* that were throwing down, IIRC, I think that they might be out of MCU Ant-Man's league.

Do any of the giants have a defense against a shrunken Ant-Man using his discs to enlarge random objects in their throats? Or as far into their skulls can go via an ear canal?

Or for that matter, summoning ants into those areas and enlarging a few to eat them from the inside out?
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Do any of the giants have a defense against a shrunken Ant-Man using his discs to enlarge random objects in their throats? Or as far into their skulls can go via an ear canal?

Or for that matter, summoning ants into those areas and enlarging a few to eat them from the inside out?
    The movie Hobbit giants where as said before actual mountains, so they should be fairly resistant to ants, and it is debatable if they have ear canals or throats.

You can't even do shrinking tech on them as they're made of boulders and individual components and shrinking a piece will leave the rest of them intact.

That said, I've always found the sequence stupid as the existence of and actions of said giants were inexplicable and I've always read the scene in the book as symbolism for a powerful storm. Making them *actual* giants was a mistake (one of many).
    Last edited by Twickster; 04-03-2021 at 05:07 AM.