My list would be:

Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!

Why? Being a leader isn't always about leadership and charisma which Betsy has none!

However, she is the most determined stepping stone for other characters and let them step on her so that they can shine!! The best quality of a leader is the spirit of self-sacrifice which she has insane amount of it!!!
    Last edited by Psigal; 04-02-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    My list would be:

Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!
    Betsy!

Why? Being a leader isn't always about leadership and charisma which Betsy has none!

However, she is the most determined stepping stone for other characters and let them step on her so that they can shine!! The best quality of a leader is the spirit of self-sacrifice which she has insane amount of it!!!
    She wasn't very sacrificing in excalibur. I was supriseed how upset she was with Kwannon as though kwannon personally set out to steal her body. It was like atleast you were in control Betsy, get a grip, this woman was in limbo somewhere while you used her body.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She wasn't very sacrificing in excalibur. I was supriseed how upset she was with Kwannon as though kwannon personally set out to steal her body. It was like atleast you were in control Betsy, get a grip, this woman was in limbo somewhere while you used her body.
    No way! Betsy blamed herself instead of Kwannon in the storyline after they returned to their original bodies.

Also, the whole body swap issue is completely on Kwannon's side(The Hand and her lover) which Betsy is only an innocent and victim in it! They used Betsy to revive Kwannon!!

Betsy is the best leading character but normal people is just unable to see it! She showed her best quality of being a leader in Excalibur!!
    Last edited by Psigal; 04-02-2021 at 04:57 AM.

No way! Betsy blamed herself instead of Kwannon in the storyline after they returned to their original bodies.

Also, the whole body swap issue is completely on Kwannon's side(The Hand and her lover) which Betsy is only an innocent and victim in it! They used Betsy to revive Kwannon!!

Betsy is the best leading character but normal people is just unable to see it!
    Then i'm definitely a normal person because she is suppose to be leading a team right now and instead of thinking about them she is wallowing in herself. Kwannon came off as more of a natural leader in the latest excalibur than betsy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Then i'm definitely a normal person because she is suppose to be leading a team right now and instead of thinking about them she is wallowing in herself. Kwannon came off as more of a natural leader in the latest excalibur than betsy.
    Like I said Betsy isn't a normal leader that lead her members with her leadership and charisma because she has none! She sacrifices herself and let other characters step on her so they can release their full potential!

Like I said Betsy isn't a normal leader that lead her members with her leadership and charisma because she has none! She sacrifices herself and let other characters step on her so they can release their full potential!
    I can't disagree, that actually does feel like betsy leadership style in excalibur. lmao/
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This is a really hard question.
    Out of 05 and GS .
    Reading Xforce make me think I already see what it would look like if Beast was leading.
    Iceman and could one day do it maybe but he's someone I would want on the team though if I was crown newly leader. Same goes for Colossus.
    I can see Nightcrawler and Angel doing a pretty good job.
    Did not include Jean or Wolverine.

Rachel , Bishop and Cable seem like the best candidate due to we lived the future and we'll do anything to stop it . Seems to make them as great candidate as leader of the Xmen.
    Cannonball , Rouge, Kitty, seem like leaders for the next Gen of X-Men.
    Members like Pslyocke Gambit and Magick don't seem to fit the mission statement. Season members but not the champion of Xaiver dream and leader of mutantkind.
    I can see Havock and Polaris stepping up to the plate and leading.
    People like Sage and Emma come off as good choices
    But would need a field commander.They would be the Amanda waller or Orcal of the Xmen style leadership.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 04-02-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Old Cable. Bishop could too I feel like he’s more than capable, just hasn’t had the opportunity because of writing. Rogue is my other favorite leader but her style only works in certain situations but I love her reactive and random style of leadership. Alex too obviously...

I have a soft spot in my heart for Iceman...I feel he has the potential but would be hard pressed to get pass his joking oersonaility.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always thought Kitty had potential. I know Gold was considered a failure. I have only read one issue of Marauders so I don't know how her leadership has been in that.

I initially voted for Cannonball, but with a little more thought I think he's not really had a great display of leadership in the last several years. I guess he was more potential than he's recently lived up to.

In light of that, I'd probably go for Rogue. It's easy to lead a team that are all on the same page, but if you look at a lot of the line-ups she's led, they haven't been natural fits and yet she's still done a decent job. Her first real X-squad consisted Cannonball, Iceman, Cable, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind and Mystique. It might have ended in betrayal but she led them to victory several times before that. I haven't read much of her Unity Squad stories but that was a pretty difficult roster to manage at times too.

Jean, then Emma are the most interesting leaders after Scott and Ororo.

- Xavier. He's sorta the default leader of the the X-Men. His recent shady characterization just make him a more interesting leader.
    - Emma. I really like Emma as a leader in the mutant community. She's been on the other side. She's very protective and resourceful.

My current favorite X-Men leader is still Cyclops.

Prodigy.

I said what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I initially voted for Cannonball, but with a little more thought I think he's not really had a great display of leadership in the last several years. I guess he was more potential than he's recently lived up to.

In light of that, I'd probably go for Rogue. It's easy to lead a team that are all on the same page, but if you look at a lot of the line-ups she's led, they haven't been natural fits and yet she's still done a decent job. Her first real X-squad consisted Cannonball, Iceman, Cable, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind and Mystique. It might have ended in betrayal but she led them to victory several times before that. I haven't read much of her Unity Squad stories but that was a pretty difficult roster to manage at times too.
    Huh that's actually a good point I hadn't considered. I would still count it against Rogue for "swallowing more than she could chew" but you are right in that she was working with very difficult teammates and was put in awkward situations through two of her tenures as leader.

IIRC there was a handbook type of issue where Captain America (as the POV commentator) also stated that Rogue would be a good leader for the Thunderbolts. And Zub had her team-up and briefly lead a trio of herself, Shocker and Scorpion while monsters were attacking New York. now i want a thunderbolts or suicide squad team led by rogue... ;_;