Default Destroyah!! VS (spoiler, do not click if you haven't seen Godzilla VS Kong yet)

Monster-verse Mecha Godzilla.

Suffice to say, this Mecha was INCREDIBLY powerful. He was easily beating the piss out of Godzilla and was bodying him on virtually every stat.

So, how does he do against the dude that legitimately beat Heisei Zilla?

Mecha Godzilla's thing seemed to be that beyond power he was fighting like a mecha basically. He fought like a human scaled huge with different weapons and some level of martial skill.

Don't know how this stacks up to Des tho, but its just something I noticed.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Destoroyah is a little overrated. It is among the largest of Godzilla's opponents, but I'm not quite so impressed by its feats because every time Godzilla or Jr. got serious, it either got taken down or tried to run away.

The climactic battle between Destoroyah and Burning Godzilla was essentially Destoroyah throwing a melting Godzilla around - to no effect - and taking 3 shots before trying to run away and getting shot down by the Super-X 3's freeze lasers. The Final Boss of the Heisei series - that is not Godzilla - was defeated by the JSDF.

Regarding the match, Legendary Mechagodzilla is not only stronger physically, but its mechanical shell will protect it from the effects of Destoroyah's micro-oxygen blasts unless it is injected directly, which I don't see happening before Destoroyah eats a 3-piece combo and gets shot down by its heat ray, which is slightly stronger than Godzilla's.

...and one more 'Destoroyah' for the road.

I mean even barring the heat ray MG's missiles were still powerful enough to hurt Godzilla, then there was the tail drill, the... whatever the glowing punches were supposed to be, the rocket assisted body slam, etc. This was one of the more if not the most impressive incarnation of Mechazilla we've seen

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Mecha Godzilla wins this. Easily

Mecha Godzilla is almost the perfect counter to Destroyah

Destroyah's Specialty is its Oxygen Destroyer Weapon meaning its a killer against organic life. This isn't going to do much to if anything against Mecha Godzilla.

Other reasons why Mecha is a nightmare for Destroyah:

- It can move fast in combat
    - Strong enough where it had no problems lifting Godzilla like a child and thrashing him all over the city
    - Weapons: Both Long and Close Range. Its primary laser weapon was impressive (think Shin Godzilla's little brother) and it also has energy drills and punches.
    - Does great in close combat, almost showing martial skills. It has Godzilla's Power and Kong's Reflexes
    - Able to handle multiple opponents (Destoryah splitting itself won't do jack)
    - Destoryah has incredible durability but Mecha Godzilla won't slow down or get tired.

The only thing Destroyah's got for this fight is its horn weapon. It was strong enough to slice through Godzilla. But fighting Mecha up close is difficult (It got Kong, Godzilla, and that poor Skull Crawler in grappling locks), can recover quickly (I don't think it experiences pain), and can bring out many weapons at reflex speeds to counter.

Destroyah gets destroyed
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-08-2021 at 01:14 PM.

DESTOROYAH*

...sorry, pet peeve ;P

I agree entirely with Godzilla2099's assessment. Except, I'm pretty sure MV Godzilla and MG both have more powerful beams then Shin at this point.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    DESTOROYAH*

...sorry, pet peeve ;P

I agree entirely with Godzilla2099's assessment. Except, I'm pretty sure MV Godzilla and MG both have more powerful beams then Shin at this point.
    After watching that scene spoilers:
    where Godzilla used his fire breath and literally shot a hole going from one part of the earth to the other
    end of spoilers I have to agree. That was some Final Wars Stuff right there.

I'd put Destroyah over all the Monsters in the MV personally.