Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    [Rodriguez: I think we all would, deep down. I think we all have a bit more to say with her, but I guess that's really up to the readers to make this issue a hit, and the powers that be. I hope we gave the reading audience a Spider-Woman that's more than just background filler, or just a character whose sole existence was to fill in a copyright hole.]

I'm not sure how Marvel's going to take such a comment even if it's true.
    Yeah, not sure Marvel would like that comment either, especially since they're releasing a Spider-Woman book with Jessica Drew in November, wonder if he'll retract that statement.

Spider-Gwen seems to be a bit younger than 616 Peter Parker as she looks like she's in her late teens/early 20s. I also don't see her abandoning her own universe, willingly, to stay in 616. Besides, her Peter Parker apparently died so I don't see her being able to accept dating an older alternate version of a deceased friend who died in her arms and there was nothing she could do to save him.

However, if Spider-Gwen becomes a thing she could spin-off into her own series for awhile. Like Spider-Girl, 2099, and the such.
    Yeah I agree that I don't see her leaving her Universe willingly. Could she be forced to somehow? Or maybe she willingly leaves as she believed it was just temporary but then gets trapped? I don't know just trying to think of ways and reasons why she'd leave her Universe.

I do like the idea more and more about her getting her own series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Really like the preview. The more I see her costume, the more I like it. Definitely going on my pull list.

Interesting that they made Peter the Lizard. I would have preferred if he became that world's Green Goblin.
    Peter as the Lizard is an interesting idea, but I agree that it'd have been better if he was Green Goblin instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Needs to be made an ongoing. Yesterday
    I'm beginning to think the same way more and more.

Incredible Member

There's way too much white in Spider-Gwen's costume. Otherwise, a great design.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    Can you imagine the combined guilt of that pairing?

"You died in my arms!"
    "You died in MY arms!"
    Gwen's going to get it worse, she's going to be surrounded by different Peter's. Huge Spider-Sausage fest

Fantastic Member

Yeah I agree that I don't see her leaving her Universe willingly. Could she be forced to somehow? Or maybe she willingly leaves as she believed it was just temporary but then gets trapped? I don't know just trying to think of ways and reasons why she'd leave her Universe.
    She could leave due to Spiderverse events and afterwards get stuck in 616. It's not THAT easy to get a ride to a random alternate Earth, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mtorgler View Post
    Gwen's going to get it worse, she's going to be surrounded by different Peter's. Huge Spider-Sausage fest
    I don't know about that. Which is bigger, the magnified guilt of 1 Gwen surrounded by multiple Peters or multiple Peters meeting the girl who died in their arms?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    She could leave due to Spiderverse events and afterwards get stuck in 616. It's not THAT easy to get a ride to a random alternate Earth, right?
    I don't know they seem to be going on alternate earth's for fun at the moment. But yeah she could easily get stuck in 616 due to Spider-Verse events. Wouldn't mind her staying for a while.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, Spider-Man 2099is returning to his own time rather quickly apparently.

Anyway, if Spider-Gwen was stranded I hope she isn't made to serve an evil person and basically held captive like how Kang currently has the heroic Earth-X May stuck in his thrall and could erase her rather easily if she stepped out of line.

Anyway, if Spider-Gwen was stranded I hope she isn't made to serve an evil person and basically held captive like how Kang currently has the heroic Earth-X May stuck in his thrall and could erase her rather easily if she stepped out of line.
    I personally don't think that'd happen to Spider-Gwen.

Never know, Kang could show up in Spiderverse or someone that's familiar with manipulating the multiverse and time stream.

It would be rather strange if Earth-X May shows up and Kang isn't anywhere or even mentioned considering that she's still stuck serving him as per Uncanny Avengers as he warped all his Cronos Corps out to begin planning anew.

double post
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-22-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Interesting the things we see in the preview. It's amazing how in "What If...?" realities, the story are basically the same, but with a few adjustments to restore "cosmic balance". I think it's quite easy to deduce the main events of this universe:
    + Gwen Stacy is bitten by the radioactive spider, body changes and... Pow!!! She gains spider-powers. She makes a costume for herself and Spider-Woman is born.
    + Just like Peter's wrestling career, Spider-Gwen decides to use her spider-powers for a little benefict; just becoming a music star as a drummer who plays upside down.
    + In the meantime, Peter Parker's life continues as before our Peter gains his spider powers: Brilliant science student who is constantly the victim of bullies. Surely, Gwen comes to defend him sometimes and a little friendship is born between them.
    + Sadly, his friendship (and potential romance) with Gwen, doesn't protects him from starting to become sinister. Surely, his Uncle Ben is murdered just like 616-Peter's one, and that becomes the last straw that impulses Peter to the "dark side". Sick of being the victim, Peter surely hears about Curt Connor's work and decides to use experiment of himself in hopes of gaining "power without responsibility"; which ends turning Peter in this reality's Lizard.
    + Having Peter becoming the Lizard before him, this surely makes Curt Connors to abandon his experiments about lizards' DNA and have a happy life with his wife and son.

+ As the Lizard, Peter surely stars to cause panic in New York as a killer monster. Possibly, he first attacks the bullies who made his life miserable (like Flash Thompson), and then surely random people. This makes Gwen take the decision of stop Peter as Spiderwoman.
    + Possibly, Spider-Woman and the Lizard have an "ultimate confrontation" that mirrors the classic battle between the Green Goblin and Spider-Man in "Gwen Stacy's death". Spider-Woman wons and administrate Peter with an antidote to turn him human again, but Peter is really hurted in the battle and dies in Gwen's arms. (Possibly mixing the deaths of Captain Stacy and Gwen in 616-universe for Spider-Man).
    + The witnesses, of course, misundertand the facts and believe Spider-Woman killed Peter, the same way they thought Spider-Man killed George and Gwen Stacy in 616. (How ironic). So Spider-Woman becomes a fugitive chased by the police, by a crime she didn't commited.
    + Of course, Jerk Jonah Jameson has to meddle and iniciates a smear campaign against the spider-character, just like in 616. His meddling in this can be intensified because, in this universe, there was no Spider-Man in his first heroic act; and his son (John Jameson) died in the rocket incident. He possibly changes the facts and turns Peter into a martir as "the first victim of that spider menace".
    + So, feeling guilty for not saving Peter, this Gwen possibly starts to fight crime as a penitence. Even although the police sees her a monster like the other criminals.
    *I'm not sure about this, but I believe in one picture of the preview, we can see Spider-Gwen spinning a web similar to Spider-Man's. So it'n possible that, before dying, Peter discovered Gwen's secret identity and created the webshooters for her.

About Sandorim's comment. I believe May "Venom" Parker will be chased by Morlun too, no matter in which place or time she is. Sure, Kang could intervine because they are attacking one of his "Chrono Corps", but I don't think he could easily defeat them since Morlun's strength has nothing to envy Hulk's or Thor's. Anyway, knowing Kang, he would surely sold "May-Venom" in change of leaving the rest of his corps alone. This would lead May to join the rest of the Spiders against Morlun; and possibly, to Iron Man 2020 to turn against Kang too.

And about Spider-Gwen staying in 616's universe... It could happen. I mean, if it happens, I don't know, maybe the 616-universe will make her a few years old to suit its Gwen's age. Besides, you can't deny her presence in 616 will possibly cause a lot of interesting stories. For example, imagine what the Jackal would do if he discovers there's a version of Gwen Stacy with Spider-Man's powers. That will surely cause the creation of several interesting clones.

As much as I'm looking forward to this issue, I'm hoping this version of Gwen isn't a permanent resident of the 616 universe.

I think we've already got our fair share of alternate reality lodgers.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'm assuming they went that way because of how much the Amazing Spider-Man movies influenced this spin-off's creation.
    It's definitely a strong possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    FACE IT TIGER, THIS IS YOUR SHOT! FACE IT TIGER, IT'S ALL YOU GOT! FACE IT TIGER, YOU HIT THE JACKPOT!

Getting total "Cherry Bomb" vibes from that.
    I didn't see that now but now reading it again...I'm hearing it in my head. XD

The more I see about this, the more convinced I am about her replacing Anya... Is this the sensation Mayday fans felt when Anya became Spider-Girl? Yeah, now I feel you.

While he's returning to his time, I get the feeling it'll end up being short-lived given the nature of Spider-Verse and he'll end up back in the present day by the end of the story.