Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    I am glad Synch is on the team. Why is it about race? Is it not just that a popular characters fans don't want a romance for her?
    Are you american or person of color. No offense but I've found this greatly informs the response to this question.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I am glad Synch is on the team. Why is it about race? Is it not just that a popular characters fans don't want a romance for her?
    It becomes about race when there are literally people saying he is only on the team because he's black or because he's Laura's potential romance.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm happy that Synch will be joining a new team, and a flagship book with really popular characters even. This will be good for him. I want to get this so bad.

I'm glad he is too. It's crazy how people take for granted a black character can't be a central figure. It's strange. I don't like to put down other characters but if people can't see Synch had several data pages to build him up through this and laura had zero and they still feel he is the one coming up off her. Welp, i think they in for a surprise.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm glad he is too. It's crazy how people take for granted a black character can't be a central figure. It's strange. I don't like to put down other characters but if people can't see Synch had several data pages to build him up through this and laura had zero and they still feel he is the one coming up off her. Welp, i think they in for a surprise.
    I'm with you there. Today should be a victory for Synch fans, but it's a damn shame they won't even let us enjoy that for one day before the bs. Synch is player now whether they like it or not. I've been waiting on this for nearly 20 years and instead of being excited I'm moreso wondering why I even bother with this franchise. How in the hell can we get the writers and editors to do right by a positive black male when the fanbase can't even get behind it?

Extraordinary Member

I am pleasantly surprised. I never thought Sync would come back, let alone be a member of an official X-Men team.

I am a bit soured on the Laura situation. As others have said, Ev is literally a nice guy. I'd rather see him with Monet, or Tempo.

On a side note, he is working with Shiro, his opposite in terms of personality. They should have fun interactions, I hope.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm with you there. Today should be a victory for Synch fans, but it's a damn shame they won't even let us enjoy that for one day before the bs. Synch is player now whether they like it or not. I've been waiting on this for nearly 20 years and instead of being excited I'm moreso wondering why I even bother with this franchise. How in the hell can we get the writers and editors to do right by a positive black male when the fanbase can't even get behind it?
    I am pretty sure Sync & Sunfire will appear in the MCU. If anything, the time is now to build them up in the comics.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I personally rather him renew his ties with Jubilee than anything with Laura. I really couldn't get into him an M as a romance in the long run either. I like the way him and Jubilee play off each other. Ev can become a really serious guy and I think he could use Jubilee's light-heartedness but she also knows when to be serious as she's grown a lot. Nothing romantic needed necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To suggest old dude has more clout or relevance then Logan's favorite clone is a reach, his relationship with Laura def gives him some clout.

It's interesting when you compare this to the pairing of Storm and wolverine...and that reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To suggest old dude has more clout or relevance then Logan's favorite clone is a reach, his relationship with Laura def gives him some clout.
    Among who?
    Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    It's interesting when you compare this to the pairing of Storm and wolverine...and that reaction.
    well...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Among who?
    well...
    Like that "relationship" never made any sense, but it would continue to show up, issue after issue...

Spectacular Member

No but i am a minority and sometimes we see prejudice when it is not always there. I think different perspective are important, no matter what the subject it.

I wish that M was there instead of Rogue but i also love Rogue. Synch and Rogues powers do crossover.
    Last edited by TheLimboBabies; 04-16-2021 at 11:21 PM.

No but i am a minority and sometimes we see prejudice when it is not always there. I think different perspective are important, no matter what the subject it.

I wish that M was there instead of Rogue but i also love Rogue. Synch and Rogues powers do crossover.
    It's never hurt minorities to not question if there are prejudice undertones. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The X-23 fans are really going in on Ev bigtime. Saying he doesn't belong on the team, he's only there because of Laura and he will drag her down. Basically the young black man who was unceremoniously killed off and stayed dead for almost two decades is unwanted because he's taking away from the while girl who as been one of the most pushed characters in the last few years. The more things change the more they stay the same. Everett deserves this spotlight and the haters can kick rocks.
    Off to the side of that whole aspect...

The two characters in question now have, what?

Decades as "Strike..." team members under their belts?

Maybe a century?

You would almost need a really, really good reason not to put the two of them on the team.