Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I hate this. I was so happpy having Synch back, and the Laura discussion and its obvious racist overtones are really souring this for me. The interest of Hickman by the character has been there from the start, across the data pages. His powers lend themselves extraordinary well to his beloved mutant technology concept. Because Synch literally needs other mutants around to use his powers, and he tended to be able to use them in creative ways. For example synching up with Chamber, he was able to fly, something that Jonothon has not done to this day. What will happen when he uses the powers of several Omega? He is kind of a natural Chimera. The fact that he is black is a bonus. I have been reading x-men comics for like twenty years now and I have seen the average white american teenager depicted ten thousand times. I have seen good depictions of black average teenagers twice. And one was this week on Vita's Children of the Atom, for a character I am not sure anyone is going to use ever again. So Synch being alive and in a main team was long overdue.

Plus this is an appreciation thread. Please, appreciate.

BANNED

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Hickman loves the generation x guys, he’s put husk, M, jubilee, chamber, mondo and Synch in at least one book since he took over.

I don’t think he’s just in xmen because he’s Black.

Skin is the only one not used yet.

Synch is going to be pushed more hopefully because of a few reasons

1. Hickman loves gen x
    2. His calmness and cool mix well with sunfire and Laura.
    3. Synch is actually a great character that was dead for so long, utterly wasted.

I'm just happy to see Everett getting a shot at the big time. I have my reservations about how Duggan will handle him but for Synch and Shiro I will give it a shot. I definitely know between Larraz and Gracia the aura should be glorious. One thing I will say in regards to his costume is that if he is going to wear this costume I would prefer he kept the red and yellow color scheme.

Mighty Member

EV fans should be happy. Why be worried over what some immature Laura fans said on this site? Posters seem to forget that this site represents a minority of X fans.

As long as Duggan brings his Uncanny Avengers energy and not his Marauders energy, I think EV has potential to become well known. Maybe not in the comics, but at least in movies/tv where it's more important anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I hate this. I was so happpy having Synch back, and the Laura discussion and its obvious racist overtones are really souring this for me. The interest of Hickman by the character has been there from the start, across the data pages. His powers lend themselves extraordinary well to his beloved mutant technology concept. Because Synch literally needs other mutants around to use his powers, and he tended to be able to use them in creative ways. For example synching up with Chamber, he was able to fly, something that Jonothon has not done to this day. What will happen when he uses the powers of several Omega? He is kind of a natural Chimera. The fact that he is black is a bonus. I have been reading x-men comics for like twenty years now and I have seen the average white american teenager depicted ten thousand times. I have seen good depictions of black average teenagers twice. And one was this week on Vita's Children of the Atom, for a character I am not sure anyone is going to use ever again. So Synch being alive and in a main team was long overdue.

Plus this is an appreciation thread. Please, appreciate.
    Just wanted to add, hickman upgraded his powers. he can now even copy children of the vault powers. He is far more useful than some on the team but whatever it was getting to me too for a second then i remembered haters going to hate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To suggest old dude has more clout or relevance then Logan's favorite clone is a reach, his relationship with Laura def gives him some clout.
    Not in this world but where is the appreciation. Did you come in here to try to put synch down in his own appreciation thread? The laura fans must really be worried. lol

IN the current world of x laura is a newb who had to be treated as a child by Kwannon, who garnered no more than being a walking healing factor for someone else. Laura is the most easily replaceable on the team but again, i'm done with that. My boy bout to do his thing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Seriously people got to stop tripping over "the why." If Synch was only put on team because he was black so what. How many teams has Kitty been on because the writer had a crush on her or Cyclops been on team because writer saw him as self insert character.

I mean we know only reason Synch is on team isn't because he is black but because he is interesting character but so what if he was there because he is black and they trying to be more diverse. Character get add to teams for dozens of more stupid reasons. It is how they are used after is what matter.

People are just trying to suck the joy out of Synch being in the spotlight and they can't because Synch is on flagship. And on cover of the flagship book Synch is using the powers of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Polaris at the same time. On a team of powerhouses he is THE Powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not in this world but where is the appreciation. Did you come in here to try to put synch down in his own appreciation thread?

IN the current world of x laura is a newb who had to be treated as a child by Kwannon, who garnered no more than being a walking healing factor for someone else. Laura is the most easily replaceable on the team but again, i'm done with that. My boy bout to do his thing.
    I just said Laura has more clout in & outside of comics that's just a fact, tying dude to her who was a relative unknown to most, less than a 2 months ago & making them into something & say it takes off gives him clout.

Frankly on this bland ass team he's the most interesting but he'll likely just be a Laura simp seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Seriously people got to stop tripping over "the why." If Synch was only put on team because he was black so what. How many teams has Kitty been on because the writer had a crush on her or Cyclops been on team because writer saw him as self insert character.

I mean we know only reason Synch is on team isn't because he is black but because he is interesting character but so what if he was there because he is black and they trying to be more diverse. Character get add to teams for dozens of more stupid reasons. It is how they are used after is what matter.

People are just trying to suck the joy out of Synch being in the spotlight and they can't because Synch is on flagship. And on cover of the flagship book Synch is using the powers of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Polaris at the same time. On a team of powerhouses he is THE Powerhouse.
    And there you go. The least powerhouse on the team i will leave unnamed but at least it means my boy coming back unharmed from missions. It is funny to me though that some people say when will hickman get to his stories. Well ev has lowkey been a part of the main story the entire time but they want a character who had nothing to do with it so far aside from fallen angel and missing memories to be part of it. That to me tells me everything i need to know. Either they weren't reading or somebody being less than authentic. But now i'm going to be petty and replace Laura in my team pic with Traige. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just said Laura has more clout in & outside of comics that's just a fact, tying dude to her who was a relative unknown to most, less than a 2 months ago & making them into something & say it takes off gives him clout.

Frankly on this bland ass team he's the most interesting but he'll likely just be a Laura simp seems like a waste.
    I don't get pressed on speculation. But i know following the run who hickman had in his mind repeatedly because it's throughout the entire run.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

The formation of this team just seems flawed like why is Polaris there (put the whole vote aside for a second) if Jean is there who does pretty much what she can do but better plus extra, & Rogue has no purpose when Synch does what she can do maxed to a thousand it's so uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't get pressed on speculation. But i know following the run who hickman had in his mind repeatedly because it's throughout the entire run.
    Good for you... I guess

Actually they make perfect sense expect for Laura when their are better healers and trackers.

If the team gets seperated Rogue can absorb powers, she is also a power house. If the team needs to split up it's great to have both Lorna and Jean there. Cyclops and everett are strategists and evertt has 500 years worth of pertinent info. The only one not needed on this team is in fact Laura. I mean that just is what it is. She is literally here so Everett doesn't get hurt.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Laura is only there to be a device for a romance.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It becomes about race when there are literally people saying he is only on the team because he's black or because he's Laura's potential romance.
    I tend to not listen to such people in the first place. They're entitled to their opinions even if they're wrong and sadly misguided but I don't have to feed it or feed off of it. (What I consider) Wrong opinions and those who spew them are not worth my time nor personal energy.

YAY! SYNCH!!!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-17-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!