Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Wouldn't alot of this between Ev and Laura depend on how far back their memories were uploaded into their new bodies? I don't want Ev trapped in a memory of someone that he was with while they were trapped in another dimension. I think him being on the X-Men is a fresh start for his character and this whole thing about his relationship with Laura seems like a lot of baggage that only he is carrrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    True ,I wouldn't go as far as calling it SS, but they were funneled if you will, into bonding because they had no way of escape and had to rely on each other to survive..that was the life they lived not by choice but circumstance.It doesn't belittle their bond at all ,but now that Laura has a clean slate and has no recall but has a default stance that 'she doesn't want to love him' then I think this bond if it is to revive should not be beholden to the past, but should grow organically.Sharing memories would feel contrived for me forcing Laura to go against her stance as if she were hypnotised by a memory that is not even hers to love Ev.The writers didn't need to prime her that way, I don't trust the writers to make a natural connection now.Memory transfer is just lazy and contrived
    I agree with the point your making about if there is a relationship between these two having it be a natural growing affection would be ideal. It's funny to see so many just hate on the mere attempt, or idea of one. This ships happen in comics all the time, fast developing and slow developing. In real life there are least expected, but long lasting relationships, and there are what seem to be perfectly matched, but horrendous relationships. Can we just see on paper as a plot, then judge it for what it is, tends to be my perspective. Love Everett and Jubilee for completely different reasons than I loved Everett and Monet. Two different females, but that was still okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wouldn't alot of this between Ev and Laura depend on how far back their memories were uploaded into their new bodies? I don't want Ev trapped in a memory of someone that he was with while they were trapped in another dimension. I think him being on the X-Men is a fresh start for his character and this whole thing about his relationship with Laura seems like a lot of baggage that only he is carrrying.
    The question you asked in the beginning is very possible, but we can't omit the idea that they may have a chemistry that could have lead to a natural attraction. You consider the variety of people who you found yourself attracted to when you were younger. I positive they weren't just one, or even two kinds of personalities. It's too easy to forget that odd pairings happen randomly, all the time. What happened in the vault could have proved that given time and interaction they would have manifested the chemistry to build a relationship on.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ev having escaped the Vault, was resurrected with ALL the memories he had while in the Vault...that's why he remembers the relationship he had with Laura.
    Laura, having died in the Vault, was resurrected with only the memories she had prior to going into the Vault...that's why she doesn't know what happened but understands that a lot did happen and it's that void of knowledge that's troubling her.

When they first entered the Vault Ev was clearly attracted to her...and that certainly didn't change when they emerged and was resurrected...the question now is How does Laura feel? -About him. And how will she feel when he tells her the truth about the time they spent in the Vault together.

Ev knows that when he tells her the truth (Duggan has hinted that he will) she will either reject him (most likely why he hasn't told her yet) or give him an opportunity to see where a relationship goes. It's quite interesting, actually...seeing as how we've not had any kind of will they/won't they serious romance develop in the X-Men since Rogue and Gambit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree, Ev/Laura is an interesting plot line and I'm looking forward to see where they take it. They'd make a cute couple. I hope Duggan stops writing Laura as Logan-lite though, I always think she should be more of a direct, results oriented communicator and a little aloof.