Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

My man getting props from Jean Grey and the High Evolutionary!

[QUOTE=Jbenito;5742230]Ngl, I got chills.

I KNOW! I thought Laura was about to remember EVERYTHING!
    Mutant and Proud!

I especially love how Larraz draws Ev as a Black Man. He's not just a standard face colored brown. Bachalo also did this in the early Generation X issues. I actually wrote to Marvel to praise Bachalo for that and they printed the letter in Generation X issue 9.
    Mutant and Proud!

It's really great to see Ev get some serious panel time and it's not like he's overshadowing anybody. Everyone on the team is getting attention and they're all working well together. I think Laura and Ev can be the next Jean and Scott as far as future leaders. It's up to the writers and editors to keep developing everyone. Rogue, Lorna, Sunfire, all of them were good this issue.

Duggan is doing a lot better job team and character building with the X-Men than his doing on Marauders.

Still waiting on a Synch variant of some kind. Dude has been the star of this series so far and it's right shameful that he hasn't gotten one yet.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=GeneTitan;5745705]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ngl, I got chills.

Fat chance , she's not the same woman.I actually think Synch should not force the issue with sharing anything.Just let her get attracted to him or fall for him by her own volition.This whole 'I need to tell her or share these beautiful memories of a version of her' approach is cheesy af plus it would show that he doesn't have empathy or respect for her distinct identity as a new person.It's akin to a scenario of a guy who married a woman who has an identical twin sister ,and after she(his wife)passes away , he catches feels for the other twin simply because she reminds him of his wife.Obviously this situation is more complicated because she was denied the shared memory she ought to have had she survived long enough to have them restored. However now he has that choice of either living in the past with her, or in the present and the smart thing is to let time recycle instead of attempting to reverse time with his notion that she can only be with him if she knows their past. Again back to the twin analogy it would be like the dude trying to kick-start her reciprocal feelings for his by merely showing her a family album or recording of their lives with her late sister. It ain't right...Hot pic though
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-03-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's really great to see Ev get some serious panel time and it's not like he's overshadowing anybody. Everyone on the team is getting attention and they're all working well together. I think Laura and Ev can be the next Jean and Scott as far as future leaders. It's up to the writers and editors to keep developing everyone. Rogue, Lorna, Sunfire, all of them were good this issue.

Duggan is doing a lot better job team and character building with the X-Men than his doing on Marauders.
    I think this is where they are headed, I can see Laura and Ev leading the team, while Jean and Scott go back to the council.Like not right now but after this roster has exhausted several stories.Though Krakoa may have a much changed and smaller council by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Fat chance , she's not the same woman.I actually think Synch should not force the issue with sharing anything.Just let her get attracted to him or fall for him by her own volition......
    Good thing he hasn't forced the issue then. Will he down the road? Maybe. But so far he's been completely respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Still waiting on a Synch variant of some kind. Dude has been the star of this series so far and it's right shameful that he hasn't gotten one yet.
    Agreed. Sunfire is getting the Dauterman trading card cover for #4 so hopefully Ev is next.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

From what I have seen there aren't any trading card variants for issue's 5 or 6 but hopefully this will change and our guy gets his due sooner than later.

Nothing for our guy in today's issue but due to other scenes he'll definitely be a point of conversation.

[QUOTE=GeneTitan;5745705]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ngl, I got chills.

I love this picture.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

[QUOTE=LordAllMIghty;5772767]
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

I love this picture.
    The new power couple.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They're not a couple, yet.
    We'll have to wait and see where Duggan is taking their story.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

So, Ev had a pretty neat showing in ToM #3, possibly further cementing a few notions.

Although…

spoilers:
    Jan and Hank shrink/grow using Pym particles, unless that’s changed? Is this a power that either of them can perform without the particles?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 10-20-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Can't wait for next issue.