Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

First of all its great to see a rapid synch ressurgence, it really only takes one story.
    and second im pretty confidant synch is on the x-men team since its a in universe vote, and Synch just went trough an odyssey type of heroic journey for the defense of krakoa, spent 500 years on it AND DIED for it and brought with him extremly important intel.

Word runs fast on the island and no way synch doesn't win a spot on the team, he's probably going to get a song or a play or two over his heroic deeds.
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-03-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Pretty much sums things up perfectly. The only question is now that he has this experience and knowledge, will Ev get the opportunity to use it? I sure as hell hope he does.
    That's the million dollar question. This guy has gotten so much experience being a bad ass, that he's like no longer the same character almost. Truly he can rock with Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops. Honestly he has more experience than at least 2 of them.

BANNED

I really always liked that everett was a sweet and optimistic boy, now he's far older and wiser but it seems that special little light (or even rainbow) stays with him.
    Also he looks extremely good with some extra years and a beard so he shall age like wine

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Pretty much sums things up perfectly. The only question is now that he has this experience and knowledge, will Ev get the opportunity to use it? I sure as hell hope he does.
    My hope that he becomes a key character during the Hickman run, and maintains that status with future creative teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That's the million dollar question. This guy has gotten so much experience being a bad ass, that he's like no longer the same character almost. Truly he can rock with Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops. Honestly he has more experience than at least 2 of them.
    Imma say he has more sense than Wolverine, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I really always liked that everett was a sweet and optimistic boy, now he's far older and wiser but it seems that special little light (or even rainbow) stays with him.
    Also he looks extremely good with some extra years and a beard so he shall age like wine
    Scott Lobdell intentionally imbued those qualities with Ev, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It has been forever since I have read Gen-X, I am trying to think of the stand out stories with Synch. I will go look for the specific issues but for now I will say he is more of case of missed potential than truly great collection of great stories with him in it. Hickman brought the potential in these two recent issues. Now the wait begins and we have to hope between Way of X, X-corps and X-men he shows up in a book.
    I feel like Hickman was making up for lost time when it comes to Everett's development and potential. Like you said, he's a "what could've been" character, and Hickman is rectifying that. I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Does t Synch have human parents to reconnect with?
    Yeah but who knows if they're alive. He also has siblings (adopted of course) he can look up. Actually it'll be an interesting story if he goes to see his parents...find out what's been going on in his city and decide to clean it up lik
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Word, and my worry is he's going to butt heads, you can't tell me he just takes any orders from Logan and Cyke. He'll remind me of the most memorable mike drop in X-Men movies by Stryker " I was piloting black ops missions in the jungles of North Vietnam while you were sucking on your mama's tit at Woodstock, Kelly .Don't lecture me about war, this already is a war!"

Synch is about to embarrass some people...

I cannot wait to see how (if?) this is handled moving forward. Talk about a glow up.

Mighty Member

I really want to see Synch as a member of a team and as a critical part of Krakoa landscape. I want to see him with his former teammates, I want to see him make new friends (Dani, Sunspot, ) and I want to see him with characters that could provide some interesting interactions like Exodus, Jamie Braddock, and Isca.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I really want to see Synch as a member of a team and as a critical part of Krakoa landscape. I want to see him with his former teammates, I want to see him make new friends (Dani, Sunspot, ) and I want to see him with characters that could provide some interesting interactions like Exodus, Jamie Braddock, and Isca.
    Everett synching with Isca is actually a really interesting thought that I haven't considered. Moreso if they ever faced off could either possibly win? I wanna see this really badly now.

I REALLY would be interested in seeing Vita write Synch given how they have gone all in on the mutant synergy combos over in New Mutants with the younger kids training. I want to see Synch mimic and combine powers effortlessly

Extraordinary Member

Has Emma or Sean talked to Everett on panel yet?

IIRC, Emma killed her own sister after his death.

Banshee was broken after his death, too.

Remember Synch is a backup for Hope in the Five.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Remember Synch is a backup for Hope in the Five.
    His value to mutantdom has increased should have tenfold now. Being somebody's power auxiliary is laughably no where close to where Synch is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I feel like Hickman was making up for lost time when it comes to Everett's development and potential. Like you said, he's a "what could've been" character, and Hickman is rectifying that. I'm all for it.
    Exactly. He did it in a fantastic way too.