Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Why are we using toxic masculinity catchphrases like simp and "feminize?"

If Ev ends up with Laura I'm good with it, and if not I'm good with that as well. All I want is for him to realize his potential as a leader and as one of the most powerful mutants on Earth. If Duggan can make that happen then I'll be one happy Synch fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    If Ev ends up with Laura I'm good with it, and if not I'm good with that as well. All I want is for him to realize his potential as a leader and as one of the most powerful mutants on Earth. If Duggan can make that happen then I'll be one happy Synch fan.
    Lol, yo End transmission!! I can live with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Hmmm, why are Professor X 'ing posters opinions? Long as there's no violent, and/or racist intention adults should be free to express.

Cause grown people can talk however they please as long as it's not offensive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I personally rather him renew his ties with Jubilee than anything with Laura. I really couldn't get into him an M as a romance in the long run either. I like the way him and Jubilee play off each other. Ev can become a really serious guy and I think he could use Jubilee's light-heartedness but she also knows when to be serious as she's grown a lot. Nothing romantic needed necessarily.
    This would work for me. I'm open for a friendship between Synch & Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I hate this. I was so happpy having Synch back, and the Laura discussion and its obvious racist overtones are really souring this for me. The interest of Hickman by the character has been there from the start, across the data pages. His powers lend themselves extraordinary well to his beloved mutant technology concept. Because Synch literally needs other mutants around to use his powers, and he tended to be able to use them in creative ways. For example synching up with Chamber, he was able to fly, something that Jonothon has not done to this day. What will happen when he uses the powers of several Omega? He is kind of a natural Chimera. The fact that he is black is a bonus. I have been reading x-men comics for like twenty years now and I have seen the average white american teenager depicted ten thousand times. I have seen good depictions of black average teenagers twice. And one was this week on Vita's Children of the Atom, for a character I am not sure anyone is going to use ever again. So Synch being alive and in a main team was long overdue.

Plus this is an appreciation thread. Please, appreciate.
    Using another beings abilities in unique ways separates him from Rogue. Scott Lobdell intended Ev to be potentially one of the most powerful mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Seriously people got to stop tripping over "the why." If Synch was only put on team because he was black so what. How many teams has Kitty been on because the writer had a crush on her or Cyclops been on team because writer saw him as self insert character.

I mean we know only reason Synch is on team isn't because he is black but because he is interesting character but so what if he was there because he is black and they trying to be more diverse. Character get add to teams for dozens of more stupid reasons. It is how they are used after is what matter.

People are just trying to suck the joy out of Synch being in the spotlight and they can't because Synch is on flagship. And on cover of the flagship book Synch is using the powers of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Polaris at the same time. On a team of powerhouses he is THE Powerhouse.
    I agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They are two components of making every team the in world story and out of (real) world reasons. I don't care to overthink it. They put together a team that can sell books as the flagship.

Rogue is versatile enough to exist with Synch and visa versa. Heck I am excited to see Synch used as tracker his aura gives him the ability to find superhumans and beware if they are trying to sneak up on them. If more creative applications like that appear because they are trying to be different I will be happy.
    A creative writer should have fun utilizing him.

Definitely in favor of the aura being used as creatively as possible. I also hope at some point we get to where Ev gets to store those powers on a permanent basis as well.
    Using his aura, Synch could conceivably use Laura's healing factor to assist a badly damaged teammate (similar to Iron Fist).

I'd rather he & Laura end up friends. As far as I'm concerned, his Laura died.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, yo End transmission!! I can live with this statement.
    You stay keeping it real on this board.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 04-17-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Neither of those words are toxic masculinity catchphrases, they just got co-opted.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

One thing I have been wondering about Synch is in regards to him synching with Omega level mutants. I mean we know when he synch's with a mutant he get's their power and at times can use the powers in ways the originals haven't, but if he synch's with an Omega does he just get the powerset or does he also get the power level?

My thought would be that when he Synch's with an Omega then he gets that power level for that power. If that is the case it just makes my mind race considering he can Synch with multiple Omegas. IMO it would pretty much make Synch the most powerful being on Earth without actually being an Omega himself.

I still want to see him Synch with Multiple Man.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Mighty Member

Could y'all not kill the vibe in this thread? Synch is empathic, super chill dude. He is Mr. Good Energy/Good Vibes!!! We have many other threads where you can fight and duke it out. Let this space reflect Everett's personality.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Could y'all not kill the vibe in this thread? Synch is empathic, super chill dude. He is Mr. Good Energy/Good Vibes!!! We have many other threads where you can fight and duke it out. Let this space reflect Everett's personality.
    ...and he's a HAWTNESS!
    As far as "new" male characters go...we really haven't had one as fine as Ev in ages!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

One thing I have been wondering about Synch is in regards to him synching with Omega level mutants. I mean we know when he synch's with a mutant he get's their power and at times can use the powers in ways the originals haven't, but if he synch's with an Omega does he just get the powerset or does he also get the power level?

My thought would be that when he Synch's with an Omega then he gets that power level for that power. If that is the case it just makes my mind race considering he can Synch with multiple Omegas. IMO it would pretty much make Synch the most powerful being on Earth without actually being an Omega himself.
    It's always been my understanding that with Everett having intuitive mastery of a synch-ed power, I assumed with that if it was an Omega level he would operate at their highest end of the spectrum of their power. This what I've been running with. I would love to hear a comprehensive analysis of Ev's functional power application.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hell yeah! If they want to be subtle with any rekindled romantic undertones I'm cool with it. PLEASE....!!!! Don't make him into a simp. That's all I ask. I almost forgot that in the Phalanx Covent he didn't have the rainbow played up.
    Yes, that's all I'm worried about. I don't want their dynamic to be some weird dynamic of Synch trying to get Laura to to like him still while she just keeps acting confused. I'd rather they just not bring it up if they go that route.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I need more rainbow color powers on display
    Here, here.... co-signed!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Definitely holding on to hope that he'll be on the new X-mean team due to his work in the vault!
    It would be an absolutely travesty and tragic if X-editors/writers refuse to use Sync as one of the prominent characters in the next whatever x-team book