Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Yeah i was digging the beard as well. Makes him look quite formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I want Synch’s coat.
    In thinking about the coat i.think it would be cool if it actually was his aura on the coat and the colors would constantly shift. Either way the coat and the whole outfit is killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    In thinking about the coat i.think it would be cool if it actually was his aura on the coat and the colors would constantly shift. Either way the coat and the whole outfit is killing it.
    Eh. If it’s not explained in-story, we’ll never be able to tell the difference. I’m sure maintaining a consistent pattern between various artists/colorists, and hell even with the same artist/colorist between panels and pages, would be difficult.

Which is to say: we can likely just No-Prize it as being colored by his aura.

Definitely my favorite Gala look.

And boom!.....You just made our guy look that much cooler with a visual like that. I would add the ability for it to be sentient enough to radiate differently based on his emotional state. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    And boom!.....You just made our guy look that much cooler with a visual like that. I would add the ability for it to be sentient enough to radiate differently based on his emotional state. Lol!
    I like that, and even other people's emotional states.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

You guys are making it really hard for me to come to terms with the fact that he won't be wearing this outfit after the Gala.

Definitely would be a cool and interesting function for the aura.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You guys are making it really hard for me to come to terms with the fact that he won't be wearing this outfit after the Gala.
    It's only for the Gala. It can be an alt costume if Everett were a video game character.

Just a couple weeks away from my dude officially making it to the big leagues. It's been such a long time coming and while I'm very grateful for it happening I really hope Ev is there to be more than just wallpaper. He's the only reason I'm going to even read the book so I pray he get's to play a major role and definitely hope he doesn't get Bishop'd.

Just a couple weeks away from my dude officially making it to the big leagues. It's been such a long time coming and while I'm very grateful for it happening I really hope Ev is there to be more than just wallpaper. He's the only reason I'm going to even read the book so I pray he get's to play a major role and definitely hope he doesn't get Bishop'd.
    YES. I'm suuuuper curious to see how he's written -- what his personality will be like -- how he interacts with the other members of the team -- how his time in the vault affects those interactions, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    YES. I'm suuuuper curious to see how he's written -- what his personality will be like -- how he interacts with the other members of the team -- how his time in the vault affects those interactions, etc etc.
    I want to see him giving orders while in the field just out of pure instinct. I want Ev to shut down a Cyke plan if he knows a better way without hesitation. While I do want him to get his girl I don't want him to be all about that.

Exactly, it's sad to say, but we've seen how Bishop has been buried, and rendered kind of one dimensional in Marauders. I really pray that this doesn't happen again. The current of X-Men book writers have some kind of aversion syndrome to writing strong, fully fleshed out brothas. Yes, please let Everett be the old soul in a young man body complete with all the skill and experience he's earned. To reiterate, I for one don't mind if they let Laura and Everett get together.
    Last edited by dkrook; 05-31-2021 at 07:49 PM.

I don’t like Laura as a character, so not my choice. But...eh...if Synch gets some good screen time, and she’s part of it...OK I guess.

I still need my “OG GenX reunion”, damnit.

Mighty Member

Exactly, it's sad to say, but we've seen how Bishop has been buried, and rendered kind of one dimensional in Marauders. I really pray that this doesn't happen again. The current of X-Men book writers have some kind of aversion syndrome to writing strong, fully fleshed out brothas. Yes, please let Everett be the old soul in a young man body complete with all the skill and experience he's earned. To reiterate, I for one don't mind if they let Laura and Everett get together.
    I'm hopeful that Everett will get a good showing in X-men but the only concern is the same writer who writes Bishop so badly in Maruaders will be writing Ev in X-men as well. Maybe he will approach the book differently but only time will tell.

I want to see him giving orders while in the field just out of pure instinct. I want Ev to shut down a Cyke plan if he knows a better way without hesitation. While I do want him to get his girl I don't want him to be all about that.
    Yeah, this entire team is BRIMMING with assertive, independent thinkers when you really examine them all, so it'll be fascinating to see how they play off each other and/or butt heads. For the most part, I can see seasoned heroes like these adhering to the chain of command which I have to assume falls on Scott, but I wouldn't be opposed to some tension here and there and even some members going rogue (haha) in the heat of battle.
    I'm also curious to see how Ev's power adoption process will go. Is Ev the kind of guy who will ask for consent? Who will be the first X-Man to offer their talents to him? Will Rogue and Ev have borrow vs steal discussions? Will their respective views on their own skills put them at odds? SO MANY QUESTIONS, but I'll end the post here.