Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Some of you might have read that panel wrong.
    Why should Monet be "stank"? She's busy running multimillion dollar X-Corp, now. She was in X-Factor. She was a member of the X-(wo)Men...all the while Ev was dead.
    That's just Monet being her usually cool and aloof self while everyone else is happily losing their shyt.

Attachment 110386
    Nah that face was so Stank OutKast made it their 4th album
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    Just finished X-Men #21! My boy SYNCH is in the X-Men! Yes yes, y'all! And looking like a BOSS! haha. Love it.
    Not surprising by all the releases. He looks cool with the others. Just like he looked cool on this cover back when. He was going places...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Not surprising by all the releases. He looks cool with the others. Just like he looked cool on this cover back when. He was going places...

What could have been if he had made it to the Morrison era.

Then again, M-Day onwards could have fucked him up bad if Bishop's treatment was any indication.

Wednesday can't come soon enough!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wednesday can't come soon enough!

I'm really hoping Wednesday is the start of Synch reaching that next level of popularity and prominence. Ev and honestly his fans deserve it so I hope Duggan does his part issue 1. I truly don't want to hear about a cool moment or arc down the line. We've been there and done that with Bishop. For me it has to start Wednesday or it's just another waste of my time and money.

It may come across as unfair or me being impatient but the X-Office only have themselves to blame for that. It's long overdue for male POC to get some damn love from this franchise. Ev being simply in the background quiet isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm really hoping Wednesday is the start of Synch reaching that next level of popularity and prominence. Ev and honestly his fans deserve it so I hope Duggan does his part issue 1. I truly don't want to hear about a cool moment or arc down the line. We've been there and done that with Bishop. For me it has to start Wednesday or it's just another waste of my time and money.

It may come across as unfair or me being impatient but the X-Office only have themselves to blame for that. It's long overdue for male POC to get some damn love from this franchise. Ev being simply in the background quiet isn't going to cut it.
    Synch is, imo, one of the greatest characters to be created. It would be a win-win for Marvel and his fans to catapult his status. Duggan mentioned something about each team member will have a turn being the central figure for a month and gosh I would love it if Ev is first.

I am in a holding pattern for Wednesday. I'm tempering my expectations because (1) Its big cast & (2) Its a first issue.

I know Gerry has fun planned for Synch. I know he does. I know its coming. But I gotta reign myself in for the first issue, you know? Don't wanna overhype myself.
    The first issue is inevitably going to juggle a lot -- despite whether I'd love to just see them sit around talking hahaha.

Still: So Excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Synch is, imo, one of the greatest characters to be created. It would be a win-win for Marvel and his fans to catapult his status. Duggan mentioned something about each team member will have a turn being the central figure for a month and gosh I would love it if Ev is first.
    He being the FRESHEST and least tapped character on the team, would make sense as a POV character. I'd love to see it!

You don't think that's a bit dramatic? This book has 7 main characters. Synch will definitely get his time to shine but pinning all of your expectations on the first issue, which is going to have a lot more to do than just highlight one character, sounds like setting yourself up for failure.

BANNED

Say... What differentiates Everett Thomas's powers from Hope (Spalding) Summers' powers?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You don't think that's a bit dramatic? This book has 7 main characters. Synch will definitely get his time to shine but pinning all of your expectations on the first issue, which is going to have a lot more to do than just highlight one character, sounds like setting yourself up for failure.
    No it's not being dramatic at all. I'm not asking you to agree or feel the same way.. Also I'm not asking or expecting for Everett to be the sole focus of the first issue but I do expect for him to have a voice and some agency in the first issue. Like I stated I'm hoping the first issue is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Say... What differentiates Everett Thomas's powers from Hope (Spalding) Summers' powers?
    Besides the aura Ev isn't limited to just copying mutant powers.

Fingers crossed with you. Ev was a break out star when he appeared and has lost a lot since his remarkably stupid death. It would be a shame to bring him back and make him wallpaper. Bishop's treatment isn't filling me with confidence or hope for Synch but we'll see.

No it's not being dramatic at all. I'm not asking you to agree or feel the same way.. Also I'm not asking or expecting for Everett to be the sole focus of the first issue but I do expect for him to have a voice and some agency in the first issue. Like I stated I'm hoping the first issue is a start.
    Agreed again. Why should we have lowered expectations for Synch?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Synch was the original of the two. His power does the same thing, but with 2 differences his arua is what allows for his mutation mimicry. When he has another power, he automatically has a higher level of mastery of that power.

Also with Hope it seems they're focusing on her being able to augment the powers of others or as HoX said, "Her powers enable theirs to operate at their peak."

I'm good with that so Synch can be focused on the mimicry and how HE can utilize the power of others in new and different ways.