Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Besides the aura Ev isn't limited to just copying mutant powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Synch was the original of the two. His power does the same thing, but with 2 differences his arua is what allows for his mutation mimicry. When he has another power, he automatically has a higher level of mastery of that power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Also with Hope it seems they're focusing on her being able to augment the powers of others or as HoX said, "Her powers enable theirs to operate at their peak."

I'm good with that so Synch can be focused on the mimicry and how HE can utilize the power of others in new and different ways.
    Say what?? Do you have any examples? A few titles and issues would be nice
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-05-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Say what? Do you have any examples? A few titles and issues would be nice
    Hickman's X-Men #18:

He once duplicated Spider-Man's powers (Amazing SM #437) but it's believed because Peter was *mutated* by Plantman's spores.

He gained flight while synched with Chamber (Gen. X #49):

and his aura became a protective shield while syncing Penance as she attacked him and Jubes (Gen. X #3).

In Generation X #6 he was able to track other mutants by allowing his aura to lock on to a mutant's biosignature, and the aura extended in the general direction in which the mutants were located.
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lhkFJgO4x...Gen%2BX%2B.jpg
    Last edited by JB; 07-05-2021 at 07:31 PM.

To me the coolest and more unique part of his power was that it was the aura that got the power up, not Ev directly. So if he locked onto Colossus or Penance like in that image, he looked the same, but the aura got the powers. It looked less than stealing powers (like Rogue) and more like, I dunno, synching up with other mutants. This was quickly forgotten though, and even in Gen-X he would change appearance sometimes. I wonder if he could be his own circuit taking several powers in his aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    To me the coolest and more unique part of his power was that it was the aura that got the power up, not Ev directly. So if he locked onto Colossus or Penance like in that image, he looked the same, but the aura got the powers. It looked less than stealing powers (like Rogue) and more like, I dunno, synching up with other mutants. This was quickly forgotten though, and even in Gen-X he would change appearance sometimes. I wonder if he could be his own circuit taking several powers in his aura.
    As far as being his own circuit he absolutely should be able to do it and I would expect that we will get to see plenty of that very thing.

Mighty Member

Like Storm, Synch has always had control over his abilities. I always saw his mimicry as being similar to Peter Petrelli's empathic mimicry where he got into synch with the bio energies of people while Peter got into synch with their emotions. He is also shown the ability to use multiple abilities at once but more often he just used what ever power he copied better than the original user.

powered up synch.jpg

In this image, he is synched with Jubilee, Monet and Husk. however we later learn this issue he can synch with folks at different levels as he synched deeper with Monet to fight emplates influence.. I hope the level of synchronicity and how that changes how his power work come back up.

I hope we can get a Synch Marvel Legends figure outta this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I hope we can get a Synch Marvel Legends figure outta this.
    I would absolutely love to have a Marvel Legends figure of Synch. If they could pull off a cool accessory with the aura it would be icing on the cake. Come to think of it I would actually prefer if they made a fig of him in his Gala outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    In this image, he is synched with Jubilee, Monet and Husk. however we later learn this issue he can synch with folks at different levels as he synched deeper with Monet to fight emplates influence.. I hope the level of synchronicity and how that changes how his power work come back up.
    Amazing.
    And I would definitely buy his Legends figure.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

spoilers:
    sinch was a star in today x-men #1, he managed to keep forge powers even when he was no longer around, I think Everett profile will rise very fast if they keep writing him this way
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    spoilers:
    sinch was a star in today x-men #1, he managed to keep forge powers even when he was no longer around, I think Everett profile will rise very fast if they keep writing him this way
    end of spoilers
    He is turning into the X-Men's Super Man.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    He is turning into the X-Men's Super Man.
    I don't remember if it was written in Xavier Files or something like that, but theoretically Everett will be one of the most powerful mutants for his potential to be able to permanently keep all the genetic matrix that he synchs up with, mutant and non mutant.

Yeah as someone with no context for Synch, I didn't grow up reading Gen X, I will say he was really cool here and I want to read more of him as a member of the x-men. But he definitely made an impact and was a great part of the first issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I would absolutely love to have a Marvel Legends figure of Synch. If they could pull off a cool accessory with the aura it would be icing on the cake. Come to think of it I would actually prefer if they made a fig of him in his Gala outfit.
    Figures of the Gala outfits for all of the new X-Men roster would be cool.

I mean, its likely they'd just give Ev those all too common RINGS that you stick on the figure's wrists (like Havok and Polaris have) but recolor them or make them translucent and multi colored.

But still, I'd buy it. I'm a sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah as someone with no context for Synch, I didn't grow up reading Gen X, I will say he was really cool here and I want to read more of him as a member of the x-men. But he definitely made an impact and was a great part of the first issue.
    I love reading this. Thank you for sharing.

Our boy was a star in this issue.
    spoilers:
    I love Forge mentioning that he's no better than Synch with his powers, as we were just discussing his ability to upgrade said powers. And being able to still sync Forge from a distance was awesome.
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!