Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Love that Synch is getting more focus. I don't see Synch as a different character really. He didn't get that much spotlight in GENX as it was. It seemed most were afraid to explore the character fully. So now he has some sort of depth to him and added history, it makes him a different character? Or does it make him the same person with different experiences? What I see from X-Men #19 is a character who has come back to life as a teen, and then has now matured rapidly in this "time bubble city" and has had a life-changing experience. In real life, some people do grow up and mature and no longer childlike or childminded. Everett may have his youthful body back but he has matured and it's not a bad thing. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was his attitude now towards humans but that's how most of the mutants are now being written, and who knows how 500 years will change a person anyway. Anyway, Ev remains one of my favorite characters and I am hyped that he is finally getting the attention he's lacked for so long.
    AKA The Minutman Refugee aka Blaquesmith aka DaSynchster!

The only place for him now is the new X-men team

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Crossed fingers, I hope, but don't think they will pull the trigger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Ev was kinda the heart of the group. The stable, mature one who is a good friend to everyone. I remember Banshee thinking that in an early Gen-X comics already. As such, you have Ev moments all along early Gen-X. I would recommend reading the whole run until a Pooka shows up.
    But Ev stories I remember:

Uncanny-X-men : Phalanx covenant & the opening arc of Gen-X: The character first appearance, the start of his friendship with Jubilee and the foundation of the team.
    Ev & Jubilee against Marrow & Gene Nation (Gen-X 5-6): First hint of his true potential.
    Possesed by Emplate (Gen-X 15-16): We get to know his family. To my knowledge, first depiction in a X-men comic of the police being racist not towards mutants, but black people. The limits of his powers get stablished (to be forever ignored, lol).
    Gen X 29-31: His powers expanding, he is able to feel what M really is. (M was, at this point, still a Gestalt being).
    Gen X 39-40: A controversial story. Two local racist punks from the town near the academy had they car crashed by a spaceship in Gen-x related shenanigans, so as a retaliation, they beat up Synch to a comma. When he wakes up, he gives them all his savings to help them fix their car, to "close the circle of hatred". I do not think this one aged well.

The tail end of Gen-X is not that good, but you can find there the relationship between M & Synch.
    He dies in Gen-X 70.

I really recommend Gen-X, at least while Bachalo is drawing.
    Don't forget Amazing SPider-Man 437-his team up with Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anything less would be a major disappointment.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for bring a new Synch Appreciation Thread after sooo long. I address the relationship with Ev and Laura as a one time thing. I know Laura fans don't like male writers forcing a relationship. But, both of them have no idea if they'll ever make it out of the Vault. Synch was determinate to get the info they need from The Vault to Professor. Ev had better chemistry with Armando and did not want to abandon poor Darwin who became the a adaption battery for 4th gen Post Humans.

Which ever team he'll go, either reunite with Jubes on Excalibur or the new X-men team coming in June. It's a waste to leave him in a mentor role on New Mutants right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    Love that Synch is getting more focus. I don't see Synch as a different character really. He didn't get that much spotlight in GENX as it was. It seemed most were afraid to explore the character fully. So now he has some sort of depth to him and added history, it makes him a different character? Or does it make him the same person with different experiences? What I see from X-Men #19 is a character who has come back to life as a teen, and then has now matured rapidly in this "time bubble city" and has had a life-changing experience. In real life, some people do grow up and mature and no longer childlike or childminded. Everett may have his youthful body back but he has matured and it's not a bad thing. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was his attitude now towards humans but that's how most of the mutants are now being written, and who knows how 500 years will change a person anyway. Anyway, Ev remains one of my favorite characters and I am hyped that he is finally getting the attention he's lacked for so long.
    His 'attitude' at the end of #19 was just Hickman's jab towards Ellis for killing him off. It wasn't necessary, but Everett easily respect a human like T'challa(Who is a fan of Black Panther) and the Avengers. Technically, Everett 23 years old and died at 18. It's been 5 years since his death in comic book continuity. Gone for 20 years IRL. The Vault may have mature him alot, assuming his resurrection has drastically changed his perception towards life.
    Last edited by Pantherflash; 04-01-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Who said it's been 5 years since he died? I'd say 3.5, tops. It's barely been over 10 since 1963 for these characters. And he was probably still 17 when he died.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-01-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Who said it's been 5 years since he died? I'd say 3.5, tops. It's barely been over 10 since 1963 for these characters. And he was probably still 17 when he died.
    More than 60 years of marvel comic book continuity(Including Timely during WW2) and the MU has not gotten a universe wide reboot. It's already been years after the Galactus Trilogy and the original Kree/Skrull war. Both happened long before Everett first accidently found out about his powers. Jubilee became legit after Mday.

Hickman's timeline and editors say it's only been 10-13 years since 1963. And technically Hickman's Incursions/Secret War was a soft reboot. To me, every 6ish publication years equals one character year. So 20 years is only 3 and some change.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

3 years would be alright if the events on Gen X vol 1 had deaged most of the cast(With Jono still being the oldest member)

Synch is going to become one of the most important X-Men characters in the coming months. After reading X-Men #19, I am certain of this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Synch is going to become one of the most important X-Men characters in the coming months. After reading X-Men #19, I am certain of this.
    I agree. It feels like this has been the most personal take Hickman has had on any character in his run so far. He actually got in Ev head.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Can we please see more of his aura?!?

Oh, and please email officex@marvel.com to tell them you want more Synch!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    As of yesterday's X-Men 19, I officially appreciate Synch. Hickman made me fall in love with him in a way Lobdell never did.
    Hickman had him do something significant. It makes all the difference in the world when you actually make a character an important part of the story. Here he was doing real X-Men work.

I am happy Hickman has brought out Synch and that EIC has allowed Everett to come back. I hope we get to see more of Synch in the X-Men teams.