Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm glad it was put out there quickly so if they do end up together then fans can't act like Synch was being creepy or forced her to fall for him.
    Agreed 100%
    Thank the Goddess Duggan nipped that "concern" in the bud.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Thank the Goddess Duggan nipped that "concern" in the bud.
    Right? Ev is the most considerate and kind guy. No way he's gonna press an issue he feels may be unwanted. #CONSENT

I love how Scott asked for Synch's call in the battle and Jean acknowledged his years of experience. Duggan is showing Synch the respect he deserves.
    Mutant and Proud!

I really love Ev in the new series. He's so versatile, fascinating, and deeply soulful. He, Jean, and Lorna are my favorites so far.

Ev's interactions with Jean gives some great character moments and growth. And he is being treated as an equal, you can see that with Scott and Jean both acknowledging his experience. I love the lil subtle shout out to GenX series with him mentioning Emma too, and am looking forward to a GENX reunion scene, where they are all just hanging out, and Ev gets a call, and is like" sorry guys I have to go. X-Men business, you know how it is ,right Jubes..".lol or something to that effect.
    AKA The Minutman Refugee aka Blaquesmith aka DaSynchster!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I love how Scott asked for Synch's call in the battle and Jean acknowledged his years of experience. Duggan is showing Synch the respect he deserves.
    Yeah Duggan is doing a great job with Synch. I gotta give credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    Ev's interactions with Jean gives some great character moments and growth. And he is being treated as an equal, you can see that with Scott and Jean both acknowledging his experience. I love the lil subtle shout out to GenX series with him mentioning Emma too, and am looking forward to a GENX reunion scene, where they are all just hanging out, and Ev gets a call, and is like" sorry guys I have to go. X-Men business, you know how it is ,right Jubes..".lol or something to that effect.
    hahahaha omg that's hilarious.
    "WHEN I WAS WITH THE X-MEN..."

Playfully throwing that in Jubilee's face is SO SO FUNNY.

Yeah Duggan is doing a great job with Synch. I gotta give credit where it's due.
    Lol, my thoughts exactly! Where was this kind of writing for Bishop and Marauders? Its almost as if they are 2 different people writing both books. This might be the first X-Men book that I dedicate real cash on since around 2001. Ewing has to be mentoring Duggan on how to place cannon callbacks, cause they are done to 98% accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, my thoughts exactly! Where was this kind of writing for Bishop and Marauders? Its almost as if they are 2 different people writing both books. This might be the first X-Men book that I dedicate real cash on since around 2001. Ewing has to be mentoring Duggan on how to place cannon callbacks, cause they are done to 98% accuracy.
    Bro I definitely wanna know either who is really writing Marauders or who is really writing X-Men? Damn sure seems like it can't be the same writer on both books.

Bro I definitely wanna know either who is really writing Marauders or who is really writing X-Men? Damn sure seems like it can't be the same writer on both books.
    I agree. Duggan's pulls from a deeper well on "X-Men." I mean, "Marauders" is good, but in no way meets the standard of "X-Men." And "Marauders" has a very cool cast and concept to work with.
    Mutant and Proud!

I don't get what some people don't get about Synch and Rogue and their power difference. Synch has a completely different power system as he does not absorb people power he synches to them and is able to use their ability. i suspect synch will eventually be able to retain a power as long as that mutant is still alive as he will be able to subconsciously have a small part of him synched to that person he can called on. Duggan and his writing of gift and Jean saying you can borrow my gift anytime makes me feel synch power works in more of a syngery sort of way. Like if he called on Lorna power she would feel he is using her gift. The passing of the force field made me think that specifically. it was very unique in Synch literally told lorna to hand over the force fiield without missing a beat while she formulated the shield around herself and jean.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't get what some people don't get about Synch and Rogue and their power difference. Synch has a completely different power system as he does not absorb people power he synches to them and is able to use their ability. i suspect synch will eventually be able to retain a power as long as that mutant is still alive as he will be able to subconsciously have a small part of him synched to that person he can called on. Duggan and his writing of gift and Jean saying you can borrow my gift anytime makes me feel synch power works in more of a syngery sort of way. Like if he called on Lorna power she would feel he is using her gift. The passing of the force field made me think that specifically. it was very unique in Synch literally told lorna to hand over the force fiield without missing a beat while she formulated the shield around herself and jean.
    Basically Rogue does the same and more.

No one have a problem with Ev to use his powers the main complaint is that Rogue doesn't use hers, and that's the author's fault, not Synch's.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I could be wrong but the power isnt about knowing what their differences are; thats obvious. Ultimately the end result is that they do the same thing, they can use other people's powers, although by different means. Thats Synch's primary thing whereas Rogue has access to her strength/flight. Considering Synch is on the team, the most obvious way to differentiate them is to demphasize Rogue's power absorption bc Synch already does that. It may be too early but we're already seeing signs of that as Rogue is only utilized as a flying brick and I suspect she wont be using other people's powers much and Ive seen Rogue fans complain about that. Quite frankly dont blame Duggan as Tini barely used that aspect of her powers in Excalibur and Kelly Thompson was really the last writer that did

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I could be wrong but the power isnt about knowing what their differences are; thats obvious. Ultimately the end result is that they do the same thing, they can use other people's powers, although by different means. Thats Synch's primary thing whereas Rogue has access to her strength/flight. Considering Synch is on the team, the most obvious way to differentiate them is to demphasize Rogue's power absorption bc Synch already does that. It may be too early but we're already seeing signs of that as Rogue is only utilized as a flying brick and I suspect she wont be using other people's powers much and Ive seen Rogue fans complain about that. Quite frankly dont blame Duggan as Tini barely used that aspect of her powers in Excalibur and Kelly Thompson was really the last writer that did
    And that's not Synch's fault but Duggan's.
    in UA he never used his mutant powers, only ionic powers.
    .and that's the main complaint.

Tini used the absorption powers a lot. I'm sorry but you're wrong.

1) Rogue used the Absorption to absorb Krakoa's magical energy and become a portal which induced her flower coma.

2) Apocalypse was defeated and died by absorption powers.

3) Rogue used the absorption to kill several warewolf, here she used it multiple times.

4) He defeated the dragon boy with a combo of his brick and absorption powers.

5) he acted as a nexus of power in a ritual absorbing all the powers of the group.

6) he took telepathy from Rachel.

If that seems a little bad to you, let's go lol.

Duggan in two years in Uncanny Avengers didn't use absorption powers in missions not a single damn time.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-06-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    And that's not Synch's fault but Duggan's.
    in UA he never used his mutant powers, only ionic powers.
    .and that's the main complaint.

Tini used the absorption powers a lot. I'm sorry but you're wrong.

1) Rogue used the Absorption to absorb Krakoa's magical energy and become a portal which induced her flower coma.

2) Apocalypse was defeated and died by absorption powers.

3) Rogue used the absorption to kill several warewolf, here she used it multiple times.

4) He defeated the dragon boy with a combo of his brick and absorption powers.

5) he acted as a nexus of power in a ritual absorbing all the powers of the group.

6) he took telepathy from Rachel.

If that seems a little bad to you, let's go lol.

Duggan in two years in Uncanny Avengers didn't use absorption powers in missions not a single damn time.
    What examples did she do that? The only one that screams out to me was her using Rachel's TP when they were searching for Betsy, but then again Excalibur has largely been forgettable to me

ETA: I stand corrected