Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What examples did she do that? The only one that screams out to me was her using Rachel's TP when they were searching for Betsy, but then again Excalibur has largely been forgettable to me

ETA: I stand corrected
    Well, she used it at least 10 times in different ways.

Duggan not once in combat in two years.

What examples did she do that? The only one that screams out to me was her using Rachel's TP when they were searching for Betsy, but then again Excalibur has largely been forgettable to me

ETA: I stand corrected
    Their powers are not the same though. Synch connects to someone's gift and rogue take it or a part of it. As evident by the example given about Apocalypse. She may have touched rachel and took a little bit of power showing she has more controlled but like always sustained contact much like in apoc case leads death. That is like saying power mimicry etc. is the same as synch power and it isn't. Synch is not copying powers he is tapping into the powers of others and his powers allowing him to use them. which is why him and Jean both felt the minds snuffed out and Lorna was able to pass the shiled to him. Rogue and Hope have never done similar things. Hope can mimic mutants and magnify but synch shares gifts which others. Their limits are his, not what he can take.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't get what some people don't get about Synch and Rogue and their power difference. Synch has a completely different power system as he does not absorb people power he synches to them and is able to use their ability. i suspect synch will eventually be able to retain a power as long as that mutant is still alive as he will be able to subconsciously have a small part of him synched to that person he can called on. Duggan and his writing of gift and Jean saying you can borrow my gift anytime makes me feel synch power works in more of a syngery sort of way. Like if he called on Lorna power she would feel he is using her gift. The passing of the force field made me think that specifically. it was very unique in Synch literally told lorna to hand over the force fiield without missing a beat while she formulated the shield around herself and jean.
    I have noticed that sometimes. I usually explain it as his being able to borrow the matrix of another mutants powers. He's written as being able to use the power/ability better than the source mutant, so He's just pinching off some TK energy, strength, or plasma energy. His DNA is altered to have complete access to that ability. At his inception it was stated that he will eventually be able to permanently keep the abilities of other super-powered beings mutant and nonmutant.
    Last edited by dkrook; 08-06-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I have noticed that sometimes. I usually explain it as his being able to borrow the matrix of another mutants powers. He's written as being able to use the power/ability better than the source mutant, so He's just pinching off some TK energy, strength, or plasma energy. His DNA is altered to have complete access to that ability. At his inception it was stated that he will eventually be able to permanently keep the abilities of other super-powered beings mutant and nonmutant.
    I can definitely see that point of view as well. I think a piece of them get's absorved into the aura itself or rather synches with it, at least that is what the art made it looks like, like he synched to the spectrum polaris and jean powers were on and perhaps his ability is actually his aura connects to the fundamental forces but not directly relate to them without calling upon the power of another on that spectrum to control it. So more like he is pulling the fundamental forces to him and then manipulating them via is spectrum aura.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So I have been reading the Gen-X epic collection and in the back there's tons of extras such as interviews and the old ashcan edition. One thing that I have come across in reading that back material is that it was mentioned multiple times that Synch(if he can learn to keep the powers he synchs) could be the first omnipotent mutant. With him not being able to keep them he is referred to as having limited omnipotence.

Not saying we are supposed to run with it but just saying the potential was intended from his very creation.

Their powers are not the same though. Synch connects to someone's gift and rogue take it or a part of it. As evident by the example given about Apocalypse. She may have touched rachel and took a little bit of power showing she has more controlled but like always sustained contact much like in apoc case leads death. That is like saying power mimicry etc. is the same as synch power and it isn't. Synch is not copying powers he is tapping into the powers of others and his powers allowing him to use them. which is why him and Jean both felt the minds snuffed out and Lorna was able to pass the shiled to him. Rogue and Hope have never done similar things. Hope can mimic mutants and magnify but synch shares gifts which others. Their limits are his, not what he can take.
    I know that but like I said, the end result is the same. Everything Synch has done thus far in this book are things that Rogue could also potentially do were she to borrow the powers. To differentiate the two, we are seeing Duggan not really utilize that aspect of her and focusing more on her strength and flight.

And IDA that Hope and Rogue have never done similar things. Yes they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    Ev's interactions with Jean gives some great character moments and growth.
    Their bond seemed natural and effortless. Then again, she can relate to dying multiple times and having multiple lives. I hope to see them pair up on a personal level regularly.

I know that but like I said, the end result is the same. Everything Synch has done thus far in this book are things that Rogue could also potentially do were she to borrow the powers. To differentiate the two, we are seeing Duggan not really utilize that aspect of her and focusing more on her strength and flight.

And IDA that Hope and Rogue have never done similar things. Yes they have.
    Except when Rogue is doing it she is taking a piece of their life force. Something that we have seen with Storm and Excalibur is an easier process when the participant is willing but that is a very important difference. Their is an exchange when you give Rogue your power or she take it whether you want it or not or whether she wants it or not. If we are talking about fundamentals.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Except when Rogue is doing it she is taking a piece of their life force. Something that we have seen with Storm and Excalibur is an easier process when the participant is willing but that is a very important difference. Their is an exchange when you give Rogue your power or she take it whether you want it or not or whether she wants it or not. If we are talking about fundamentals.
    No, its not exactly the same, but to say its not similar is false. They both utilize the powers of others, though via differerent means. The end result is the same for them

No, its not exactly the same, but to say its not similar is false. They both utilize the powers of others, though via differerent means. The end result is the same for them
    The end isn't the same though. Rogue has to weaken the person she is using in some way be it evident or not where as synch isn't so the end result for both is very different. Or rather the end is similar because the feelings are completely different. So i guess it's micro vs meta?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    So I have been reading the Gen-X epic collection and in the back there's tons of extras such as interviews and the old ashcan edition. One thing that I have come across in reading that back material is that it was mentioned multiple times that Synch(if he can learn to keep the powers he synchs) could be the first omnipotent mutant. With him not being able to keep them he is referred to as having limited omnipotence.

Not saying we are supposed to run with it but just saying the potential was intended from his very creation.
    I remember Scott Lobdell saying that.

Incredible Member

Can Everett synch with mutants when they are not using their powers? If Scott is asleep in the next room, does Everett have an optic blast?

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Can Everett synch with mutants when they are not using their powers? If Scott is asleep in the next room, does Everett have an optic blast?
    Yes. His powers dont work based on if a mutant is using their power or not

FYI, Scott is always using his powers, even if he is asleep. The only thing that stops them from not coming out are his eyelids and/or glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I remember Scott Lobdell saying that.
    Same here bruh I could just never remember where I had read it and then bam.

The end isn't the same though. Rogue has to weaken the person she is using in some way be it evident or not where as synch isn't so the end result for both is very different. Or rather the end is similar because the feelings are completely different. So i guess it's micro vs meta?
    With control she decides to separate her powers and does not take vital energy if she does not want to. That the taking of vital energy is what hurts. In terms of story indeed if Rogue and Synch do the same, only Rogue has less limitations as she showed years of XMLegacy stories.

She could take a hundred powers from Krakoa for the missions and would not lose them by being away, she has no amount of power limit, just to give a clear example. So why is she not used?
    is what she bothers.

If she did not have control there could be a point, but it is not the case, and it is what she had the most if they shared both books, and she was not wrong