Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    With control she decides to separate her powers and does not take vital energy if she does not want to. That the taking of vital energy is what hurts. In terms of story indeed if Rogue and Synch do the same, only Rogue has less limitations as she showed years of XMLegacy stories.

She could take a hundred powers from Krakoa for the missions and would not lose them by being away, she has no amount of power limit, just to give a clear example. So why is she not used?
    is what she bothers.

If she did not have control there could be a point, but it is not the case, and it is what she had the most if they shared both books, and she was not wrong
    Thank you for showing that scan of her borrowing power from Rachel without harming her. The control she got in Excalibur was even better than the control she mastered her the Gambit and Rogue book.

Back to Synch it would be interesting if he and Rogue had to use their powers together somehow. Like if he had to Synch to her powers, including her ionic powers, and if she borrowed his synching for some major battle.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Interestingly enough...in the past whenever Rogue encountered someone whose powers operated in a similar way to hers, like Leech, or Scrambler in MM, she most often seems to become powerless. Which I always thought was kind of awesome actually while it lasted. Going by history I can see her and Synch cancelling each other's powers but it would be far more interesting to see how they both combine their powers, instead.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

While I think it would be cool for Ev to Synch with Rogue I'm actually more interested in the possibilities of him living in New York. I mean I would love to see what Synch could do with Daredevil's radar senses or what would happen if he tried to Synch with Dr. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Interestingly enough...in the past whenever Rogue encountered someone whose powers operated in a similar way to hers, like Leech, or Scrambler in MM, she most often seems to become powerless. Which I always thought was kind of awesome actually while it lasted. Going by history I can see her and Synch cancelling each other's powers but it would be far more interesting to see how they both combine their powers, instead.
    Their powers aren't similar though. The end result may be but Synch doesn't have to take anything to gain anything. Also theoretically synch power may cancel rogue and this isn't a vs. this is just theoretical thinking but if Rogue is back in a place where she has to touch and we saw Synch acquire lorna power at a semi distant he would be able to acquire Rogue power before they ever made contact.

And this means nothing, it's just me thinking literal sometimes.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-07-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

I think Synch confronting the Hulk would be more interesting than seeing Paul Allen's business card.

Mimic could not handle Hulk's power. I'm curious to see how Everett would fare.

Would the green in his aura be more prominent?

Would the aura turn completely green?

I typically hate it when the Hulk fights heroes, but curiosity is getting the better of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I think Synch confronting the Hulk would be more interesting than seeing Paul Allen's business card.

I typically hate it when the Hulk fights heroes, but curiosity is getting the better of me.
    Ev in Synch with Hulk could be very interesting. I'd also love to see him put in some work with the power of Blue Marvel or Monica Rambeau.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ev in Synch with Hulk could be very interesting. I'd also love to see him put in some work with the power of Blue Marvel or Monica Rambeau.
    I'd love to see Synch interact with more of New York's heroes.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'd love to see Synch interact with more of New York's heroes.
    Yea there's just too many possibilities not to explore with Ev's abilities especially in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    While I think it would be cool for Ev to Synch with Rogue I'm actually more interested in the possibilities of him living in New York. I mean I would love to see what Synch could do with Daredevil's radar senses or what would happen if he tried to Synch with Dr. Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I want all of this now.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I’d also like to see Everett’s power work independently and interact with the world around him on his own. There’s Everett. There’s the natural world around him. There’s his aura. I don’t love the correlation to Rogue because it’s too easy to make him a ‘borrower’. Where in fact he’s always attuned to the world around him and affects his environment thus.

I’m fact, him being bombarded by dominant powersets ( does he feel ‘alpha’ bands? How does Scarlet Witch’s hex field taste??) seems kinda daunting. It also helps to define him in this way because it makes beloved ‘do it all’ characters like Prodigy less redundant. We need all the fly ass black male mutants we can show off, b!

Give that man a mini, soon. Let him go wild in the savage land or on a solo mission!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I’d also like to see Everett’s power work independently and interact with the world around him on his own. There’s Everett. There’s the natural world around him. There’s his aura. I don’t love the correlation to Rogue because it’s too easy to make him a ‘borrower’. Where in fact he’s always attuned to the world around him and affects his environment thus.

I’m fact, him being bombarded by dominant powersets ( does he feel ‘alpha’ bands? How does Scarlet Witch’s hex field taste??) seems kinda daunting. It also helps to define him in this way because it makes beloved ‘do it all’ characters like Prodigy less redundant. We need all the fly ass black male mutants we can show off, b!

Give that man a mini, soon. Let him go wild in the savage land or on a solo mission!
    His powers we really seem limitless. He is a perfect candidate for Omega Level. Also, you bring up some interesting points about him interacting with the world around him. Like, can he sync with animals and adapt their senses?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    His powers we really seem limitless. He is a perfect candidate for Omega Level. Also, you bring up some interesting points about him interacting with the world around him. Like, can he sync with animals and adapt their senses?
    I really don't see why he wouldn't be able to Synch with animals. There was a Generation X novel back in the day and in it Everett was able to Synch with plants.Hell back in early Gen X his mind was able to Synch with a parallel dimension so I don't see anything being off the table.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Well I mean, probably, but in a way that is purely synchroistic and not say, empathic, telepathic, or specifically energetic. Such as- I see his aura as a fluctuating field of influence that manifests as a kind of harmonious optimization of whatever elements it’s attuned with. And that can elements he consciously focuses on, or subconsciously, his aura seeks out. Geez, when you think about it, he’s kind of actively mutating the environment around him instead of the other way around. A deep dive of his powerset is so necessary but this is the way I imagine it. It’s no wonder the GenX team fell apart after his death. It’s how the X-men team is clearly so fluid despite their extreme power levels without a defined leader. I personally can’t wait until He and Laura graduate out of those training jumpers. I hope he gets a fuckin tunic. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In one issue, Synch gained more experience than most of the veteran X-men we've been reading for decades. Thats experience with his powers, experience using other people's powers. Experience in combat, in stealth, in leading and strategizing.

Its what I said months ago and Im glad to see it actually acknowleged within the book by a veteran X-man no less. Im loving the respect that Jean has had for him so far

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Its what I said months ago and Im glad to see it actually acknowleged within the book by a veteran X-man no less. Im loving the respect that Jean has had for him so far
    I would love to see what he can teach them. I hope he can get Jean to use her pink form and pink Phoenix raptors again. Lol