Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

After reading these last posts, Synch could really be Marvel’s version of super man without the baggage like Hyperion and Sentry have.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    After reading these last posts, Synch could really be Marvel’s version of super man without the baggage like Hyperion and Sentry have.
    I could definitely see that and would love to see it in action. Hell let him Synch to a Celestial or even Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I could definitely see that and would love to see it in action. Hell let him Synch to a Celestial or even Galactus.
    If this ever does come to pass, I hope it doesn't end up like this one. We just got the man back.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Goddess, I hope not.
    We don't need yet another overpowered character that only one writer is interested in or cares about to write him properly, interestingly and sensibly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

You shooting for the stars, literally!

Why not have a black man capable of going cosmic?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Right?! And it's not as if he needs to be permanently at that level. But why not let him and us see what he can really do! Magneto said it best:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Exactly!! No reason we can't cosmic for a arc and I would love to get Ev's perspective on that. Like if he was able to Synch with Galactus I would believe he would automatically be Lifebringer version as opposed to undercooked World Eater Galactus.

Exactly!! No reason we can't cosmic for a arc and I would love to get Ev's perspective on that. Like if he was able to Synch with Galactus I would believe he would automatically be Lifebringer version as opposed to undercooked World Eater Galactus.
    Yes, a transformational writer would like their chops at the chance to really dig into the metaphysical implications of being boosted from human to a cosmic deity, and what that experience would be like. All this before we even consider the optics to the world of a black male character going about with that type of power.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, a transformational writer would like their chops at the chance to really dig into the metaphysical implications of being boosted from human to a cosmic deity, and what that experience would be like. All this before we even consider the optics to the world of a black male character going about with that type of power.
    Preach brother. If a writer gets shook by taking that challenge on then they're in the wrong profession.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Right?! And it's not as if he needs to be permanently at that level. But why not let him and us see what he can really do! Magneto said it best:
    Synch's powset allows him to thrive in any setting. One story has him in synch with the Hulk while the next has him in synch with Daredevil.

You tell place Ev in any sort of adventure, and it would all make sense.

Someone like Grant Morrison would have a lot to work with here.

Preach brother. If a writer gets shook by taking that challenge on then they're in the wrong profession.
    You are absolutely right.

Ultimate Member

It's been done before SORT OF.......

Unfortunately that story is NOT in trade and digital (legally). Lets just say it involved a Decent Competitor crossing over with a Milestone taking on a version of Galactus/Thanos and a nerdy black kid powered a weapon the size of an Borg Cube.

Yeah McDuffie went there...

(some story were Man of Steel go his behind handed to him by black folks...)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    His powers we really seem limitless. He is a perfect candidate for Omega Level. Also, you bring up some interesting points about him interacting with the world around him. Like, can he sync with animals and adapt their senses?
    Agreed. If Everett has wielded his powers for 200 years now -- or something like that -- I would think that his mastery would exceed that of pretty much every other mutant we know. And given the nature of his power, the ability to sync with everything from people to environment to fundamental forces of physics and nature, he might even qualify in the "beyond Omega level" category at this point. I don't know that he'll be written that way, but it seems like a logical assessment.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Ev in Synch with Hulk could be very interesting. I'd also love to see him put in some work with the power of Blue Marvel or Monica Rambeau.
    In the Blue Marvel thread I mentioned Ev as the perfect protégé (and ultimately a replacement) for Blue Marvel. But I won't shed a tear if it never happens...as long as the X-folks continue to use Ev and spotlight him from time to time. Besides, there's something cool about there being more than one African American who can duplicate the kinds of feats that Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer and others are legendary for doing routinely.

That said, I still think they should give him a new call sign and uniform. And maybe give him a little age and "grown man weight" to his form. "Synch" just doesn't carry the same gravitas as "Wolverine" or "Magneto."

Lastly, if Monet isn't an option, I wonder would it be possible to hook Ev up with someone outside of the X-community? (Are there any candidates???)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Loved the mutual respect that was given between Jean and Everette in X-Men 2. I almost teared up. Never thought Synch would reach the ranks of Marevel Girl herself actually paying him a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    In the Blue Marvel thread I mentioned Ev as the perfect protégé (and ultimately a replacement) for Blue Marvel. But I won't shed a tear if it never happens...as long as the X-folks continue to use Ev and spotlight him from time to time. Besides, there's something cool about there being more than one African American who can duplicate the kinds of feats that Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer and others are legendary for doing routinely.

That said, I still think they should give him a new call sign and uniform. And maybe give him a little age and "grown man weight" to his form. "Synch" just doesn't carry the same gravitas as "Wolverine" or "Magneto."

Lastly, if Monet isn't an option, I wonder would it be possible to hook Ev up with someone outside of the X-community? (Are there any candidates???)
    I keep saying Synch and Serafina. Somehow over the long time that Ev spent in the vault someway (under a good writer). Serafina caught feelings.