Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Ev got some panel time in the final issue of Hellions today.

With the squad.

*sips tea*

The way he borrowed and utilized Havok's powers in an instant.
    Last edited by JB; 12-08-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ev got some panel time in the final issue of Hellions today.

With the squad.

*sips tea*

Any thoughts on the low-key drift for Hope back into narrative importance? Still somewhat triggered by Everett being removed only to see a blonde version created and give her a major arc.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Any thoughts on the low-key drift for Hope back into narrative importance? Still somewhat triggered by Everett being removed only to see a blonde version created and give her a major arc.
    what are you talking about? Who's the blonde and how has Everett been removed?

Hope's major arc was related to the Phoenix and trying to reverse the decimation, what does any of that have to do with Synch?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was going to ask those very same questions but...I found a better use of my time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

*sips tea*

Yeah, that was killer, I loved it.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=Rev9;5758537]
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

Fat chance , she's not the same woman.I actually think Synch should not force the issue with sharing anything.Just let her get attracted to him or fall for him by her own volition.This whole 'I need to tell her or share these beautiful memories of a version of her' approach is cheesy af plus it would show that he doesn't have empathy or respect for her distinct identity as a new person.It's akin to a scenario of a guy who married a woman who has an identical twin sister ,and after she(his wife)passes away , he catches feels for the other twin simply because she reminds him of his wife.Obviously this situation is more complicated because she was denied the shared memory she ought to have had she survived long enough to have them restored. However now he has that choice of either living in the past with her, or in the present and the smart thing is to let time recycle instead of attempting to reverse time with his notion that she can only be with him if she knows their past. Again back to the twin analogy it would be like the dude trying to kick-start her reciprocal feelings for his by merely showing her a family album or recording of their lives with her late sister. It ain't right...Hot pic though
    Nope, I disagree....it is NOT "cheesy af".

Laura probably feels an attraction to him and given her enhanced senses probably also feels a shared past history with Synch which she can't recall with her current memory and my begin to question herself.

Over time Synch can slowly share that shared past slowly bit by bit which could jolt Laura's memory recall bit by bit....but given Laura's personality, she isn't the very patient type, she would rather the full memory recall at once and approach Ev directly and openly about it. Probably through Jean or Emma ....or even Ev himself for privacy between himself/Ev and Laura after tapping into Jean or Emma's powers.

After all they spent over 100 years together, those are A LOT of love memories laying in wait somewhere in Laura's mind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Am I the only one who wants Ev to be a little older physically? At least 21-22.

And as a reflection of his maturity, would it hurt to give him a new codename and uniform? It's not that I hate the name "Synch", it just doesn't hit the same now like it did back in 1990 for me. Plus, he's just not that kid from the block any longer.

"Synch" feels like one of those nicknames that a person outgrows. Maybe family and close friends who knew you back when use it, but rarely, and certainly no one outside of your circle uses it. Like my friend, whom we used to call "Bumba" back when we were young. But he's grown now. Gone through some things. Seen some things. War changed him quite a bit. His faith changed him even more. You can't call him Bumba now. He answers to Dr. Ayers, Reverend Ayers or Cornel Ayers. But don't call him Bumba. Not if you want him to respond.

Anyway, it's great having Everett back. I'm really looking forward to seeing him take that next step and come into his own, i.e., a gentleman's gentleman, a man amongst men, primus inter pares, etc, etc.
    (1) Synch has been in limbo/ "dead" for 20 years....so upon resurrection he should still look the same as 20 years ago. It would be nonsensical to have aged in death.

And given his abilities esp when he tapped in Laura's Wolverine-like immortality for over 100 years.... possibly the longest time Synch has ever tapped into a single superpower continuously, then it makes perfect sense that he would have *some* regenerative healing that keeps him young physically.

And just because he looks young it does NOT negate his ability to be mature. There are and have been some early to mid teens who have had great high level maturity above most adults and elders in real life....so why would you find it unbelievable in fiction?!?

(2) "Synch" is still a cool codename, perfectly fits his powerset and VERY unique. Although I can speculate some Ev haters would call him "sink" instead. Urgh!!!

(3) I only agree on the current costume....it's a little bland and not unique enough to make Ev stand out in group shots like Cyclops and the Wolverines.

[
    Am I the only one who wants Ev to be a little older physically? At least 21-22.

He is. i dont think he is intended to be a teenager, especially considering he spent over 100 years living before his last death. Physically he's intended to be in his 20s

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    (1) Synch has been in limbo/ "dead" for 20 years....so upon resurrection he should still look the same as 20 years ago. It would be nonsensical to have aged in death.

And given his abilities esp when he tapped in Laura's Wolverine-like immortality for over 100 years.... possibly the longest time Synch has ever tapped into a single superpower continuously, then it makes perfect sense that he would have *some* regenerative healing that keeps him young physically.
    He actually shouldnt. Remember that Synch died when he returned from the Vault and was resurrected. The new body wouldnt have any enhancements that his original had. His current look is bc he was returned to is his peak physical condition, not bc he has a healing factor that is keeping him young
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-10-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Mystique's name matches her powers. She's a shapeshifter and that matches the meaning of mystique as her true identity is laced in mystery and secrecy
    That is more subjective connotation than denotation. A mystique is really just an air about someone or some thing. It doesn't imply actually restructuring oneself physically at all.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Synch isn't a "junior" name that he needs to graduate out of. Other than Moonstar, all of the New Mutants and Generation X-era X-Men are still using their original codenames.
    Tell that to N'Sync. I mean it really does have a boy-bandish feel to it.

And imagine running into your multibillionaire boss, or your distinguished college professor and calling him Synch. Imagine calling Logan or Erik, Synch. Sure, it was a cool name once, but the gravitas just isn't there. Hell, I'd be happy if they called Everett by the name Gravitas. Synch just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Tell that to N'Sync. I mean it really does have a boy-bandish feel to it.

And imagine running into your multibillionaire boss, or your distinguished college professor and calling him Synch. Imagine calling Logan or Erik, Synch. Sure, it was a cool name once, but the gravitas just isn't there. Hell, I'd be happy if they called Everett by the name Gravitas. Synch just doesn't do it for me anymore.
    He's a superhero. 90% of them sound juvenile and silly. A grown man shouldnt be called Batman or Antman but those work within the context of the world they live in, which is unique from the real world that we do. My rich boss or college professor isnt a superhero but were they, the name would be fine in that context. Synch is one of the less silly codenames out there anyway

I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the time that Everett spent in the Vault. I was not referring to the time that lapsed while he was deceased.

Laura probably feels an attraction to him and given her enhanced senses probably also feels a shared past history with Synch which she can't recall with her current memory and my begin to question herself.
    This is an excellent point, because the senses do serve as a mnemonic database, especially the olfactory senses. Even people without superhuman senses recognize other people by scent. I don't know that the writers will play that up at all, but given all of the time that Laura spent with Everett, she'd have to be in a state of complete denial not to recognize that she knows that man. I mean really KNOWS that man, based on his scent.

Not only that, but she would also recognize her own scent on Everett.

People who have been married or cohabitating for a long time know what I'm talking about. You can often tell where your mate has been, and whom with, based on changes in their scent.

This is an excellent point, because the senses do serve as a mnemonic database, especially the olfactory senses. Even people without superhuman senses recognize other people by scent. I don't know that the writers will play that up at all, but given all of the time that Laura spent with Everett, she'd have to be in a state of complete denial not to recognize that she knows that man. I mean really KNOWS that man, based on his scent.

Not only that, but she would also recognize her own scent on Everett.

People who have been married or cohabitating for a long time know what I'm talking about. You can often tell where your mate has been, and whom with, based on changes in their scent.
    She shouldnt though. She has no memories of the time they spent together in the Vault. The only recollection she has of him was the hour or so they were briefed she went in nad anything since joining the X-men team together. I dont know what she is supposed to smell off of him that should clue her in on having been close to him in the Vault. His scent that she grew accustomed to in there died when she did and he shouldnt feel any different than Sunfire to her