Default MonsterVerse Kings vs. Surtur (MCU)

MonsterVerse Kings vs. Surtur

!!!SPOILERS!!!

-Rules-
    In every round, Surtur is at Full Power, wields the Twilight Sword, and is powered by the Eternal Flame. All monsters are strictly MonsterVerse. All Marvel Characters are strictly MCU.

Round 1: King Kong w/ Battle Axe vs. Surtur

Battlefield: Hong Kong

Round 2: Godzilla vs. Surtur

Battlefield: Tokyo

Round 3: King Ghidorah vs. Surtur

Battlefield: Boston

Round 4: MechaGodzilla vs. Surtur

Battlefield: Muspelheim (MCU)

Conditions: MechaGodzilla is at maximum charge. Surtur’s armies are fighting alongside him.

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS
    -Final Round-

Godzilla and King Kong w/ Battle Axe

vs.

MechaGodzilla and King Ghidorah

vs.

Surtur

vs.

Asgard

Battlefield: Asgard (MCU)

-Conditions-
    1) Asgard is at full strength, pre-Ragnarok.
    2) Surtur’s Muspelheim Armies (+10,000 Fire Demons and +50 Fire Dragons) are fighting alongside him.
    3) Asgard’s armies are trying to Destroy All Monsters and Surtur.
    4) Odin (w/ Gungnir and Mjolnir), Hela, Thor (Infinity War w/ Stormbreaker), Loki (w/ Casket of Ancient Winters), Frigga, Fenris, Valkyrie, Heimdall, and the Destroyer are leading the charge for Asgard.

Discuss!
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 04-01-2021 at 01:57 PM.

I don't see how any scenario with Surtur ends without Surtur... just killing everything else. Given that Surtur with the Twilight Sword blew up Asgard (which, while not planet-shaped, is home to its own mountain range and is patently enormous. The biggest gun ever in the Monsterverse is Burning Godzilla, and he's not here, and even if he was, Surtur's firepower eclipses him by several orders of magnitude.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-31-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, this is a catastrophic stomp. Surtur is much bigger and stupidly more powerful than anyone else here.

Odin has the implied power to beat Surtur, given that Odin being on Asgard prevented Surtur from going to Asgard to charge himself up, but we don't see feats at that level. Odin's mere presence kept Hela imprisoned for thousands of years - but again, we don't know exactly why. Odin is casually badass and stomps through every fight he's shown in, but again, that's mostly "doing no better than pre-Ragnarok Thor," given the opponents, as they are "just" some Jotuns and some Dark Elves.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Weird fight. Surtur is a character that is awkward for Rumbles. Either he one shots or gets one shot.

Hmm.

He could pretty much kill any Monsterverse Titan if he was using his full offensive might. But then the energies he unleashes would also kill himself. So he would have to dial "blows up asgard" back a bit.

I also dont get the impression he is as durable as he is powerful. Hence why his own attack vaporizes him.

I dont want to get into spoilers, but its revealed in the newest GvK film that Godzilla's beam is in fact, REALLY powerful. Like, powerful enough to carve Surtur up.

If Surtur defends himself well, he can retaliate and kill any of the Titans.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Arby, we don't actually see Surtur get blown up, do we? Asgard gets destroyed, but for all we know Surtur is just floating there after.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Arby, we don't actually see Surtur get blown up, do we? Asgard gets destroyed, but for all we know Surtur is just floating there after.
    That was my understanding.

Plus, y’know... it’s Clancy Brown. He’s unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, I just watched it again all zoomed in and slower down. His entire body seems to completely dissipate with the blast.

A panning shot of what was once asgard is shown in full view about a minute later and he isn't visible there either despite being big enough.

He also tells Thor in the beginning of the film "Ragnarok is your doom... and mine!" I'm paraphrasing
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure