Default Etta Candy as the superhero "Candy Stripe"

So with that poll voting thing going on by DC with the possibility of Etta Candy getting her own comic, I wanted to take a moment to talk about the fun pitch for an Etta story thats mentioned.
    https://community.dcuniverseinfinite...ackets/1517952

etta pitch.jpg

Title: Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc.

Summary: On summer break from Holliday College, an accident grants Etta Candy her very own superpowers! Taking on the new superhero mantle of Candy Stripe, Etta joins forces with Wonder Woman, Amanda Waller, and her Beeta Lambda sorority sisters to create Holliday Hero Inc.—an all-girls agency sworn to protect and assist anyone in need. WOO WOO!

Link to poll which expires april 7th: https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1377289831483539470

The summary talks about some fascinating ideas. References the Beeta Lamda sorority who have been practically nonexistant in comics. Gives Etta an amazing superhero moniker. And curiously mentions Amanda Waller.

Theres alot to speculate over, particularly the question of who pitched this creation because this is a curious summary and DC has said we wont find out creatives on books until the 7th.

My prediction is it is either Renae De Liz whose used Etta in the capacity as sorority girl in the past.
    Or perhaps Marguerite Bennett whose interpretation of Amanda Waller in Bombshells could concievably be in a situation where she would help a budding superhero Etta Candy.

But gosh, what are others thoughts about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe Conrad pitched it? He said he's been reading a lot of Golden Age Wondy lately.

I know it's gonna lose to Kyle but I wish the Holliday Girls came back but with a twist. The idea of Diana guiding a group of women to become heroes in their own rights without superpowers or costumes, and these women being not just athletes but also intellectuals.

Wish we got that as a back up over a young Diana story. Really over “origin” stories for Diana.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Only thing I'm not particularly hot is Waller being here since I've gotten kind of sick of her recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wish we got that as a back up over a young Diana story. Really over “origin” stories for Diana.
    I suspect some of these might might end up getting published either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Only thing I'm not particularly hot is Waller being here since I've gotten kind of sick of her recently.
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing Waller and Etta interact in the main continuity(I don't know if any of these comic pitches take place in the main continuity). They are both leads in different government originations but have radically different personalities and approaches, so it would be fun to see how they would interact.

Incredible Member

Etta's losing pretty badly so far, although there's still six days to go. It sounds like a fun idea, though! One the other hand, Asteria has a tiny lead over the Superman-Lois story.

Has the relationship between Renae de Liz/Ray Dillon & DC been repaired since the fallout of the next "Legend of Wonder Woman" series? For that matter, was the uproar over unfulfilled commissions ever resolved?
    Last edited by Frank; 04-01-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post

Has the relationship between Renae de Liz/Ray Dillon & DC been repaired since the fallout of the next "Legend of Wonder Woman" series? For that matter, was the uproar over unfulfilled commissions ever resolved?
    Im honestly unsure of this. I rather hope so as it would be a delightful surprise!

Hmm..Another curious factor is this whole pitch revolves around Etta developing super powers. Im guessing it isn't simply super strength as shes had that fairly often. Though im not sure what else there could be...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Maybe Conrad pitched it? He said he's been reading a lot of Golden Age Wondy lately.
    That would be a fascinating inclusion!

Renae de Liz is one of the writers in the Wonder Women of History book that DC published, so I imagine some working relationship has been re-established.

The editorial purging last year probably has something do with that.

On the one hand, it's definitely a fun idea. On the other hand, I do get tired of so many civilian supporting cast members getting capes - they can be really useful and wonderful characters without powers. But she started a fighter, and seeing Beeta Lambda again would be fun. On the other - keep Amanda Waller away from her.

Back in the Marston era, Etta was beating down nazis and supervillains at Wonder Womans side. It will be a delight to see this side of her once again