Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Is there any way Quicksilver can beat the Flash, or is it a lost cause?

I’ve been reading up on the two publishers’ respective speedster heroes and it seems that Flash wins every time hands down (according to YouTube and comic articles).

Just out of curiosity is there any fair scenario where Pietro defeats Flash or is it better off having Quicksilver square off against another DC character?
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 04-01-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    I’ve been reading up on the two publishers’ respective speedster heroes and it seems that Flash wins every time hands down (according to YouTube and comic articles).

Just out of curiosity is there any fair scenario where Pietro defeats Wally West or is it better off having Quicksilver square off against another DC character?
    The real contest here would be between Northstar and The Flash, as Northstar basically has no upper limit to his speed, and can fly. I guess the Marvel Universe doesn't have "It's the Speed Force, I don't have to explain shit!" though.

Has Quicksilver appeared in anything lately? between him and Wanda he got shafted the most when they changed them into high evolutionary experiments, the last of him I can find on the wiki is from 2018

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Has Quicksilver appeared in anything lately? between him and Wanda he got shafted the most when they changed them into high evolutionary experiments, the last of him I can find on the wiki is from 2018
    He hasn't showed up since Quicksilver No Surrender.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The real contest here would be between Northstar and The Flash, as Northstar basically has no upper limit to his speed, and can fly. I guess the Marvel Universe doesn't have "It's the Speed Force, I don't have to explain shit!" though.
    The speed force is the biggest cop out ever. Whenever somebody uses that as an argument for the Flash I automatically disregard their view lol

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Can Marvel hurry up and retcon that stain? Both characters are mutants. It makes no sense for them not to be. Or at least make Pietro back into a mutant.

Regarding Magneto not being the dad. I’m prepared to head canon that it’s possible that he is Pietro’s biological father and that QS & SW have the same mother. Hence Wanda not being blood related to Magneto
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 04-01-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quicksilver can outrun the Flash when they're both in the Marvel Universe, but only because the Speed Force doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe and the Flash's speed powers don't work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He hasn't showed up since Quicksilver No Surrender.
    And to think he could be rocking in Krakoa, I really wish they would just do away with that dumb retcon of Wanda and Pietro not being Magneto's children and mutants.
    I hope that the whole focus on Wanda as "The Pretender" and her attempts at redemption in Empyre are building towards some sort of closure. But unlike the insanely bad attempts in Uncanny Avengers doing it across several stories in mutant focused books it could be done well (not like Remender's "why don't you entitled minorities get over your genocide, it happened like 7 years ago")

Can Marvel hurry up and retcon that stain? Both characters are mutants. It makes no sense for them not to be. Or at least make Pietro back into a mutant.

Regarding Magneto not being the dad. I’m prepared to head canon that it’s possible that he is Pietro’s biological father and that QS & SW have the same mother. Hence Wanda not being blood related to Magneto
    You don't even need to do that, just go with Wanda's spell not working properly because she was under the influence of Red Skull and all the rest being some sort of trick by the High Evolutionary. Or just go with the classic from the Simpsons "A wizard did it"

Extraordinary Member

Way to undo a retcon that is pointless anyway, Wanda needs separation from X-franchise in general. Pietro should probably be restored somehow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Quicksilver can outrun the Flash when they're both in the Marvel Universe, but only because the Speed Force doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe and the Flash's speed powers don't work there.

So does the Flash have any powers in Marvel universe?
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 04-01-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So does the Flash have any powers in Marvel universe?
    Apparently not. The first time he went to the Marvel Universe, he tried to save a mutant kid from an angry anti-mutant mob, only to get beat up by the mob himself when his powers didn't work.

When he went back to the Marvel Universe it was with some kind of machine strapped to him that had some residual link to the Speed Force, but he still wasn't as fast as he is in the DC universe, which is why Quicksilver was abl to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Yeah, in their own respective worlds, Flash can reach the speed of light, whereas Pietro's top speed is Mach 5 which is 3.8K mi/hr (or ~ one mile per second). I try to stay out of the MCU vs. FOX X-Men debates about accurate Quicksilvers, but the FOX version is not comic accurate. He'd never be able to outrun bullets like they're standing still - at best, based on his top speed, he might be able to reach one or two bullets if trying to catch/deflect them, so the MCU depiction is more consistent. I think without the Speed Force, Flash moves at around Mach 2.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Yeah, in their own respective worlds, Flash can reach the speed of light, whereas Pietro's top speed is Mach 5 which is 3.8K mi/hr (or ~ one mile per second). I try to stay out of the MCU vs. FOX X-Men debates about accurate Quicksilvers, but the FOX version is not comic accurate. He'd never be able to outrun bullets like they're standing still - at best, based on his top speed, he might be able to reach one or two bullets if trying to catch/deflect them, so the MCU depiction is more consistent. I think without the Speed Force, Flash moves at around Mach 2.
    Tbh, I hope they incorporate more FOX Pietro into the comics. Imho Fox did so much good for the character than the MCU AOU version

Extraordinary Member

Tbh, I hope they incorporate more FOX Pietro into the comics. Imho Fox did so much good for the character than the MCU AOU version.
    It's hard to say because they killed off the MCU version so quickly, and then he wasn't even so much as mentioned again until this year. He didn't have enough screen time to make an impact.

I do think that Pietro in the comics can sometimes come off as a prop for his sister, and that was definitely true in the MCU, where it's obvious Feige and Whedon just wanted to use Wanda and Vision and brought along Pietro only because they needed him to introduce Wanda. The Fox version, while much less comics-accurate, shows what can happen when he's used on his own and not just as Wanda's brother or even Magneto's son (he was Magneto's son, but it wasn't a plot point in his first movie).