Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nope your best bet for speed at Marvel is Spectrum and Silver Surfer. The speed force is one of best inventions in comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nope your best bet for speed at Marvel is Spectrum and Silver Surfer. The speed force is one of best inventions in comics.
    How so? Please elaborate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's hard to say because they killed off the MCU version so quickly, and then he wasn't even so much as mentioned again until this year. He didn't have enough screen time to make an impact.

I do think that Pietro in the comics can sometimes come off as a prop for his sister, and that was definitely true in the MCU, where it's obvious Feige and Whedon just wanted to use Wanda and Vision and brought along Pietro only because they needed him to introduce Wanda. The Fox version, while much less comics-accurate, shows what can happen when he's used on his own and not just as Wanda's brother or even Magneto's son (he was Magneto's son, but it wasn't a plot point in his first movie).

Agreed! Although regardless Evan Peters > The other actor, but that’s another story

Comics Quicksilver at his prime vs. comics Flash at his prime will always lose. Not even Northstar or Spectrum can keep up with Flash, because Flash easily exceeds lightspeed, and can even turn back time.

Foxmen Quicksilver's feats make him a lot faster than his comics counterpart, but compared to Synder's Flash, he still can't compete(again with the time-bending).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Assuming MCU Quicksilver also had inherent powers that were boosted by the Mind Stone, he could arguably have gotten to Flash levels if he'd lived to see his full power emerge the way his sister did.

But the fact that the MCU never even explained where Pietro's powers come from, or whether he was a witch like his sister, or how he survived the experiments if he wasn't... well, that just brings us right back to the fact that they just don't care about Pietro.

Ultimate Member

What if Quicksilver had those powers from Son of M?

Astonishing Member

Unkown a lot has happened since JLA/Avengers, botht the "Son or M" comic had him able to Time Travel (With the use of Terrigen Crystals, but since Flash has to use an External source as well I would say it would be allowed). As well as "No Surrender" where in the Quicksilver Thread I recently put this

"I am not sure if this was brought up before, but I just realized in the Quicksilver mini/tie in to No Surrender the world Quicksilver was in had no colour. Which means when he was moving around in that world would he actually be going faster then light?"

So no I would not throw it out yet.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

In his solo Quicksilver No Surrender he had a speed similar to the Speed force, he was bassically out of time but if I consider his solo from the 90´s he also has the capacity to develop time travel using his speed so I think he just needs to practice with this powers to get to that level.

I liked his relationships with the Inhumans and with Magneto, marvel sadly cut off both but I think it would be good for Pietro to get them back at some level, he definitely needs to spend way more time with Luna because he wanted to be a good father to her and him and Magneto have too much history to just shove it away because they are not related anymore, they thought they were father and Son so the feelings about this remain the good and the bad and it would be interesting to see Pietro´s reaction to Krakoa given he fully supported Genosha and wanted to help his mutant community.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Unkown a lot has happened since JLA/Avengers, botht the "Son or M" comic had him able to Time Travel (With the use of Terrigen Crystals, but since Flash has to use an External source as well I would say it would be allowed). As well as "No Surrender" where in the Quicksilver Thread I recently put this

"I am not sure if this was brought up before, but I just realized in the Quicksilver mini/tie in to No Surrender the world Quicksilver was in had no colour. Which means when he was moving around in that world would he actually be going faster then light?"

So no I would not throw it out yet.
    Ok. I think his time travel works a little different than the Flash's.

Idk if it's changed recently, but I wish he kept some of those powers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I think his time travel works a little different than the Flash's.

Idk if it's changed recently, but I wish he kept some of those powers
    Well it came from being in contact from Terrigen Crystals, so he could most likely do it again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    In his solo Quicksilver No Surrender he had a speed similar to the Speed force, he was bassically out of time but if I consider his solo from the 90´s he also has the capacity to develop time travel using his speed so I think he just needs to practice with this powers to get to that level.

I liked his relationships with the Inhumans and with Magneto, marvel sadly cut off both but I think it would be good for Pietro to get them back at some level, he definitely needs to spend way more time with Luna because he wanted to be a good father to her and him and Magneto have too much history to just shove it away because they are not related anymore, they thought they were father and Son so the feelings about this remain the good and the bad and it would be interesting to see Pietro´s reaction to Krakoa given he fully supported Genosha and wanted to help his mutant community.
    He most likely supports Krakoa though if he was allowed on it is the question. Maybe the current Inhuman-Mutant relations could change his opinion depending on what they are. If we use the X fan base as the example it is very mixed, but if Marvel decide it is still bad then I see him siding with his daughter. Until then yes he knows Mutants get treated badly so them feeling safe would be a posotive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What about the Makkari the Eternal? He won the Galactic Marathon.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quicksilver isn't even the fastest Marvel character, let alone against the incredibly broken speed feats of the Flash

Death Battle went into it in depth, but basically Flash is Superman-level broken
    https://youtu.be/qQW0NwmeQRE

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Quicksilver isn't even the fastest Marvel character, let alone against the incredibly broken speed feats of the Flash

Death Battle went into it in depth, but basically Flash is Superman-level broken
    https://youtu.be/qQW0NwmeQRE
    Broken? How so?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Broken? How so?
    lets just say speedforce gives flash a lot of bullshit he can do, though if you want one of the most straightforward reasons, its due to being fast enough to timetravel.