Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I'd have preferred Lex vs. Diana but the other two also get taken by the other's rogue so it's a fair trade off.
    I think the biggest issue is Joker somehow getting on the island. It may have been better if he confronted WW in Man's World.

But then, Cheetah even getting inside the Fortress is also some nonsense, so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's another bonus. Diana wouldn't exist in the same universe as Harley Quinn.
    I will always love classic BTAS Harley and consider her the best character to come out of DC in the 90s, but yes the current...thing they publish and call Harley is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the biggest issue is Joker somehow getting on the island. It may have been better if he confronted WW in Man's World.

But then, Cheetah even getting inside the Fortress is also some nonsense, so whatever.
    Yeah, I recall Lex also got in the Bat-Cave somehow while still not knowing about Bruce. It’s also worth noting the show is pretty much a comedy at the end of day so it’s not all meant to be taken seriously at the end of the day.

Though when a comedy show does a better Wonder Woman and Cheetah than other animated adaptations...

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I will always love classic BTAS Harley and consider her the best character to come out of DC in the 90s, but yes the current...thing they publish and call Harley is not good.
    Yeah, if she existed on her own corner I’d be fine with that but then it’s stuff like that or how DC pairs them off sometimes, because they’re their most notable female characters, like they’d be buddies is what really gets me.

Edited post: Sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-11-2021 at 04:25 AM.

We'd probably also avoid, or at least see less of, Themyscira getting invaded or scores and Amazons getting killed to establish the latest generic Big Bad's threat level.

The Amazons getting turned into strawman man-haters could go either way depending on the writer. Obviously there's examples of that in originating in her own book as seen with the New 52 but other DC writers have shown capable of that as well like with one of the more recent JL arcs.

Looking at Dynamite. They have mainline series and mini crossovers that aren't connected. So if we follow that. Diana has her own universe but there is another one for JL. You would never have to worry about why is she so different in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Looking at Dynamite. They have mainline series and mini crossovers that aren't connected. So if we follow that. Diana has her own universe but there is another one for JL. You would never have to worry about why is she so different in the same universe.
    Dynamite doesn't even seem to have a fixed continuity for many of their ungoing characters. Vampirella's origin switches from being an alien from another planet to a demon from hell and she's had three unconnected team ups with Red Sonja with a fourth on the way.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Another pro. We wouldn't have seen the day when even Aquaman is out of WW's weight class. Like they are currently doing with the recent justice society movie. Honestly look around. Most characters have been going up in terms of capabilities. While Diana has been going down. And it is very obvious in my opinion.

Going down compared to when? Maybe in the early 2000s she was portrayed as being able to defeat everyone on the Justice League, but I'm not aware of that happening in the 90s and before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Going down compared to when? Maybe in the early 2000s she was portrayed as being able to defeat everyone on the Justice League, but I'm not aware of that happening in the 90s and before.
    She has never been portrayed as being able to defeat everybody. Not even close. And league of one has context for most of the battles where she took down the jl members. It is hardly a feat of her being more powerful than any other jl member. But compared to what you ask? Historoically speaking based on feats. WW has been stronger than aquaman. Yet on this new movie. She was not even matching his strength on land. That is a power downplay for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She has never been portrayed as being able to defeat everybody. Not even close. And league of one has context for most of the battles where she took down the jl members. It is hardly a feat of her being more powerful than any other jl member. But compared to what you ask? Historoically speaking based on feats. WW has been stronger than aquaman. Yet on this new movie. She was not even matching his strength on land. That is a power downplay for sure.
    So again, we never saw definite proof that Diana is stronger than Aquaman and this argument is unecessary. The power level of these characters historically always changed based on the story. Diana could pull the sun in one issue and in the next she would struggle against a robot.

So again, we never saw definite proof that Diana is stronger than Aquaman and this argument is unecessary. The power level of these characters historically always changed based on the story. Diana could pull the sun in one issue and in the next she would struggle against a robot.
    We never saw what? Pre Crisis and Post Crisis WW has better strength feats than Pre and Post Crisis AQ. It is the same way in New 52 and onwards. And just because every character has anti feats. That doesn't mean that power levels don't exist. Superman has anti feats too. But i doubt most people would say he isn't stronger than AQ based on that. Historically WW has had better feats than AQ. So i don't expect her to be weaker than him, specially on land.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 04-28-2021 at 07:12 AM.

I actually misquoted someone. The original quote was "One issue she can lasso the sun, the next issue she's calling a gorilla a tough opponent"

Heck, remember this cover?

Seems like everyone on the league has comparable strength, including Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

But above all else, what's the point of this dumb argument? Why is it important that Diana beats Aquaman? She was treated as a really formidable soldier-leader in the film, and you are so insulted that another super hero with a very similar background to Diana is treated as perhaps a bit stronger than her, even thought she stills ends up stopping him.

I actually misquoted someone. The original quote was "One issue she can lasso the sun, the next issue she's calling a gorilla a tough opponent"

Heck, remember this cover?

Seems like everyone on the league has comparable strength, including Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
    The fact that you are trying to act like every character is regularly on the samev level based on anti feats says it all. WW has consistently been stronger than AQ based on their feats catalogue in the comics. Yet in the new movie. She couldn't even match his strength on land. Why don't you show me the proof of WW being weaker than AQ based on feats, since you seem to claim that WW being uinabnle to match his strength is accurate.

But above all else, what's the point of this dumb argument? Why is it important that Diana beats Aquaman? She was treated as a really formidable soldier-leader in the film, and you are so insulted that another super hero with a very similar background to Diana is treated as perhaps a bit stronger than her, even thought she stills ends up stopping him.
    AQ does not have a similar background to her. And she only stopped him because Steve was able to get AQ away from her. She was getting her ass overpowered by AQ before that. And yes i have a problem with that. Because historically, WW has been stronger than AQ. And now she can't even match him on land. I have a problem with that.