Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ok, but that's not what my message said.

Plus they would never do an actually fight in a cannon story without mind control, and when that is used that as a plot element it's not about beating Superman but breaking the mind control. She canonically fought Superman twice (that I can think of, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking of post-crisis stuff idk if we're going all the way back to silver age here). She didn't defeat him, but he didn't defeat her either. Not to mention, in one of those fights he was enhanced with the doomsday virus, or whatever it was that made him spikey.
    In canon she fought SM more than twice. And he end up looking far better than her. In Ruka he one shotted her and only re entry heat made her wake up. In witch is back she said 3 hits from him would kill her. He totally overepowered her and only survived because a plot induced distraction gave her the chance to use the lasso. In league of one, once again SM dominates the fight easily and she says she can't beat him. In for tomorrow he once again looked as the one with the upper hand during the short fight they had there. So yea, WW with all the power, skill and magic gear that she is supposed to have, and that is supposed to be such a top notch combination. She ends up looking like a little ant next to SM. That needs to try like there is no tomorrow just to survive a battle against him long enough for plot to stop SM somehow before he gets to the point of killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    In canon she fought SM more than twice. And he end up looking far better than her. In Ruka he one shotted her and only re entry heat made her wake up. In witch is back she said 3 hits from him would kill her. He totally overepowered her and only survived because a plot induced distraction gave her the chance to use the lasso. In league of one, once again SM dominates the fight easily and she says she can't beat him. In for tomorrow he once again looked as the one with the upper hand during the short fight they had there. So yea, WW with all the power, skill and magic gear that she is supposed to have, and that is supposed to be such a top notch combination. She ends up looking like a little ant next to SM. That needs to try like there is no tomorrow just to survive a battle against him long enough for plot to stop SM somehow before he gets to the point of killing her.
    I'm not sure how you could argue either combatant had the upper hand in "For Tomorrow." I think the last panel of them fighting shows him grabbing her wrists or something, but it goes nowhere. Either way, it's not like either one of them was out for blood.

I think the "Sacrifice" fight is one where each fighter figuratively takes a round, with each fighter getting saved by the bell.

Not going to say the Superman/WW fights are relatively equal, but some of these examples I think are being analyzed incorrectly.

I can't really see including League Of One in this. Yeah, she says she can't straight up beat him but she also wasn't really looking to. She says she needed to just weaken him enough that it takes him longer to rescue GL, Bats, and the Flash as he either does that and she goes to face Drakul herself or doesn't and they die. So she pretty much outsmarts him.

Seems like a fair trade off to me.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-07-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I can't really see including League Of One in this. Yeah, she says she can't straight up beat him but she also wasn't really looking to. She says she needed to just weaken him enough that it takes him longer to rescue GL, Bats, and the Flash as either does that or doesn't and they die. So she pretty much outsmarts him.

Seems like a fair trade off to me.
    She said what she said. And what she said was pretty clear. And also demostrated by the fact that he didn't have any difficulty in getting the upper hand. The rest is meaningless to me. She went there knowing she couldn't beat him. And i'm not the only one that looks at that as one of the many examples of SM vs WW fights where he ends up looking better than her.

It's also established that Drakul would have killed off the entire League and Diana soloed her. Plus I think its funny how Superman had to punch Wonder Woman's chest to jumpstart her heart.

Also these panels...they are good panels...

Okay, I think we may have gotten a little too caught up in discussion about power levels here.

Anyway, what I believe are pros:

* No getting caught up in lousy events or having her book derailed to tie into an event.

* If all WW characters are concentrated into one book it allows for better consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, I think we may have gotten a little too caught up in discussion about power levels here.

* No getting caught up in lousy events or having her book derailed to tie into an event.

* If all WW characters are concentrated into one book it allows for better consistency.
    Yeah, tie-ins are annoying... (JL Dark being the exception).

Part of the reason I can't read as much Marvel as I use too. At least DC isn't as bad (in terms of quantity).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I didn't even think about this either, but most of the Wondergirls are Wonder Woman characters in name only. Donna and Cassie rarely appear in WW titles beyond cameo appearances and are basically Teen Titans characters.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It's also established that Drakul would have killed off the entire League and Diana soloed her. Plus I think its funny how Superman had to punch Wonder Woman's chest to jumpstart her heart.

And after that he punches her. She stops fighting and says she can't beat him.

One of the pro of being in her own universe, is that we won't have to worry about WW's power level getting in SM's way.

Dc will always go back and forth because many times they are even equal or Clark is stronger but Diana has the skills to help her in any gaps since Superman generally doesn't have fighting skills.

Yeah, tie-ins are annoying... (JL Dark being the exception).

Part of the reason I can't read as much Marvel as I use too. At least DC isn't as bad (in terms of quantity).
    The JLD stuff is also WW focused so there's that also, it's more comparable to the Bat or Super family book crossovers like Death of Superman or Knightfall than something like the Crisis or Metal books.

Man, I'd love to Moeller do another a WW story with the current costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Didnt Joker defeat Wonder Woman and entire Amazons in the same episode
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    BTW, about that The Brave and the Bold episode, if you argue that WW gets respect because Cheetah beats Superman, then you also could easily argue that WW gets disrespected because she gets beaten by the Joker. The show shouldn't be taken too seriously, but that's just some food for thought. Also, the Joker and Harley's abilities really tend to get overstated. It's like saying crazy is a superpower...
    That's not I approach it. The way I see it. if Wonder Woman is truly equal to Superman and Cheetah is able to spar with WW then logically, she should be able to challenge Superman as well.

The plot of the episode was that the big 3 villains decided to switch opponents to take down the trinity in ways they didn't anticipate. Joker being able to beat all the Amazons is dubious but Joker being able to beat Wonder Woman through being clever, unpredictable and having ample time to prepare? That I can believe.

But this? This is just stoooopid:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's not I approach it. The way I see it. if Wonder Woman is truly equal to Superman and Cheetah is able to spar with WW then logically, she should be able to challenge Superman as well.

The plot of the episode was that the big 3 villains decided to switch opponents to take down the trinity in ways they didn't anticipate. Joker being able to beat all the Amazons is dubious but Joker being able to beat Wonder Woman through being clever, unpredictable and having ample time to prepare? That I can believe.

Oh yeah, I remember this... *internal screaming*

Yeah, I'd have preferred Lex vs. Diana but the other two also get taken by the other's rogue so it's a fair trade off.

That's another bonus. Diana wouldn't exist in the same universe as Harley Quinn.