Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    By removing her from a shared universe, you're just cutting off potential stories.
    Of her and her villains getting humiliated by Superman and Batman-like in comics

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Of her and her villains getting humiliated by Superman and Batman-like in comics
    Wonder Woman does the same thing in her books to other characters.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Such as?

Does she knockout Darkseid with one punch, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Such as?

Does she knockout Darkseid with one punch, for example?
    At the end of Rucka's 2nd run, WW one shots Shaggyman, whose suppose to be like an indestructible monster.

With nowhere near the same frequency.

At the end of Rucka's 2nd run, WW one shots Shaggyman, whose suppose to be like an indestructible monster.
    Iirc, he'd taken several hits from the rest of the League and Diana's blow was just the one that finished him off.

Mighty Member

No, she doesn't to any notable degree, especially not more often than the opposite happens even in allegedly Wonder Woman books....

Im rather stumped trying to name many positives to be honest. The only times the larger DC Universe have ever mattered in Wonder Womans stories is either when writers try shipping her with Superman or create relationship awkwardness between the two characters. Darkseid and new god appearances which writers have never made work. Or the occasional run like Byrnes where the Wonder Woman book became an Etrigan the demon book because the writer couldn't get his Etrigan pitch approved.

Her supporting characters seem to be effected more than Wonder Woman herself, and thats more because team books often scoop up Wonder characters into the roster so they can be the requisite smurfette on the team. And even then writers nowadays just shove a sword in their hands to make em the stabby one of a group.

If you want more examples, there is pretty much a a genre of Wonder Woman books were she just beats up on other superheroes. I mean, the cover of The Hiketeia is literally WW stomping on Batman.

If you want more examples, there is pretty much a a genre of Wonder Woman books were she just beats up on other superheroes. I mean, the cover of The Hiketeia is literally WW stomping on Batman.
    I think they mean in the context of another characters power levels being drastically altered so Wonder Woman can beat them up, without her getting an in-universe powerup of any kind.

Like Wonder Woman being able to completely wreak a fully powered Darksied for example.

Which is only as notable as it is because it's rare for DC to have a book where Bats is tossed around like a chump or portrayed as in the wrong morally.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-06-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Which is only as notable as it is because it's rare for DC to have a book where Bats is tossed around like a chump or portrayed as in the wrong.
    And even rarer for Wonder Woman to be doing that to another superhero.

Seriously, a superhero who guest stars in Diana's book is more likely to be treated with respect than if the situation was reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think they mean in the context of another characters power levels being drastically altered so Wonder Woman can beat them up, without her getting an in-universe powerup of any kind.

Like Wonder Woman being able to completely wreak a fully powered Darksied for example.
    Maybe they don't mean like that...but I mean like that...

(ooops I quoted myself)

Mighty Member

I have never heard of such a genre, is it a series of Wonder Woman books that got never published?

Batman is literally just a slightly super-human guy with a bat-costume and gadgets he typically uses on street-thugs, him losing a physical fight with Wonder Woman is nearly as far away from getting humiliated as it can get, come back when Diana starts to solve crimes in Gotham by being a far more effective detective than Bruce.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-06-2021 at 12:07 PM.

I can compile a list;

> The Hiketia - WW beats up Batman
    > JLA: League of One - Wonder Woman beats up the entire JLA
    > Wonder Woman: Dead Earth - Wonder Woman kills Superman
    > Rucka's first WW run- Wonder Woman throats Superman
    > Injustice: has a pretty famous scene where WW beats up Superman

I can probably find more, though keep in mind I'm not saying this means "Wonder Woman" is the problematic character. Batman is pretty famous for doing this sort of stuff, but that's probably in part because of how many Batman books exists. I think its more telling that a lot of the Batman books that depict Wonder Woman and her rogues gallery poorly are bad comics with no meaningful legacy. Whereas Hiketia is still regarded as one of the greatest Wonder Woman comics...and its about Wonder Woman stepping on Batman.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-06-2021 at 01:06 PM.

I can compile a list;

> The Hiketia - WW beats up Batman
    > JLA: League of One - Wonder Woman beats up the entire JLA
    > Wonder Woman: Dead Earth - Wonder Woman kills Superman
    > Rucka's first WW run- Wonder Woman throats Superman
    > Injustice: has a pretty famous scene where WW beats up Superman

I can probably find more, though keep in mind I'm not saying this means "Wonder Woman" is the problematic character. Batman is pretty famous for doing this sort of stuff, but that's probably in part because of how many Batman books exists. I think its more telling that a lot of the Batman books that depict Wonder Woman and her rogues gallery bad comics with no meaningful legacy. Whereas Hiketia is still regarded as one of the greatest Wonder Woman comics...and its about Wonder Woman stepping on Batman.
    It's not about Wonder Woman stepping on Batman. That's what everyone makes it about though...

.....it's always about Batman.....