Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default Kingpin arrives in Gotham

    How would Fisk do if he arrived in Gotham and tried taking over the underworld?

    He’d be facing Batman’s rogue gallery but Fisk would have all his resources and assassins like bullseye, Typhoid Mary, etc

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    How would Fisk do if he arrived in Gotham and tried taking over the underworld?

    He’d be facing Batman’s rogue gallery but Fisk would have all his resources and assassins like bullseye, Typhoid Mary, etc
    The rogues are begging for Batman's help very quickly. Bullseye and Typhoid Mary is above most of the rogues capability.

    Kingpin does have to be a bit careful however. He has to get Typhoid Mary to take care of Poison Ivy plus make certain that Typhoid Mary doesn't get captured by Joker (Giving Joker access to a multiple personality disorder person seems like a bad, bad idea).

    Otherwise, Riddler? Dead. Bane? Dead. Killer Croc? Dead (Poor Killer Croc.)? Penguin? Dead. Mr. Freeze? Dead (by Frozen Oak table)?

    The David Cain/Lady Shiva versus Bullseye/Typhoid Mary clash would be fun to watch. But Kingpin and company, in general, is way too much for the Batman rogues.

    Sharp could give you more information, as the resident expert. But in general, a Crime Lord who tangles with DareDevil/Spiderman >>> Rogues who messes with Batman.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Kingpin and Penguin immediately dislike each other upon first sight.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    I feel like Fisk might actually have a soft spot for some versions of Mr. Freeze, considering his own family issues. He might even try and lowkey support him by tossing some gigs his way as an excuse to funnel some funds towards Nora's treatment... assuming that he doesn't just have some scientists whip up some promising treatments (or buy off the scientists that are, or just have their work stolen) and have Freeze become his henchmen in exchange for treating her.

  5. #5
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,432

    Default

    fisk takes over within a week, if he plays it careful like we all know he will.

  6. #6
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,580

    Default

    All of the above.

    Fisk will also pay the mercenary types of Gotham enough to get them on HIS side.

    And unlike the crazies, he doesn’t randomly backstab his people.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default

    I think the only ones who’d give Kingpin trouble are Joker, Poison ivy, and Catwoman

    I see Mary burning Ivys plants though

    If Joker screws up he’s dead but a serious Joker has been depicted to take on the JL, if Joker plotted things out I think he’d win

  8. #8
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I think the only ones who’d give Kingpin trouble are Joker, Poison ivy, and Catwoman

    I see Mary burning Ivys plants though

    If Joker screws up he’s dead but a serious Joker has been depicted to take on the JL, if Joker plotted things out I think he’d win
    catwoman won't be much of a issue. unless she makes the mistake of trying to steal from fisk. in which case, she's dead.

  9. #9
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    catwoman won't be much of a issue. unless she makes the mistake of trying to steal from fisk. in which case, she's dead.
    To be honest, she’d probably end up in his employ.

    Also, under Fisk’s resources, would we count someone like the Tinkerer? Because that means it’s getting messy with tech for Gotham as well. And doesn’t Fisk have some Dreadnoughts ferreted away somewhere?

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    I read this as Kingpin arrives in Gundam at first lol

  11. #11
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To be honest, she’d probably end up in his employ.

    Also, under Fisk’s resources, would we count someone like the Tinkerer? Because that means it’s getting messy with tech for Gotham as well. And doesn’t Fisk have some Dreadnoughts ferreted away somewhere?
    i can see it. fisk could use a thief with selena's skills and rep. and as long as she didn't try to screw him, he will treat her well.

  12. #12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,580

    Default

    This is the thing that sets Kingpin apart from the Gotham ‘criminals’. You do good work for him, you do well. And you don’t need to worry about him having an episode of madness or outright sadism or whathaveyou, and killing you horribly.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To be honest, she’d probably end up in his employ.
    honestly this is probably what happens to most of the Gotham rogue gallery provided they aren't completely insane or rivals to him, and he'd probably rather quickly have a monopoly on all the non insane henchmen given he's a far better boss than the average crazy bat rogue. I think we can assume villains like Two Face, Cobblepot, Black Mask, etc would be direct adversaries/rivals and would either have to toe the line or get put down in short order. I doubt he'll be too friendly with the other more insane wildcards either like Joker, Scarecrow, or Ivy.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Joker is the wild card. I agree with the earlier post. Doing something like capturing Typhoid Mary is going to make things extremely difficult for Kingpin. Joker made the Batman's Life hell. If Fisk sees the Joker Threat, he'll be able to gather his resources, planning, and use extreme measure to take Joker off the board for good.

    Overall, my money is on Kingpin. I say this because I remember the story where Gotham got hit with an Earthquake. Luthor moved in to build properties. Joker begins killing Luthor's Employees. Luthor hired Bane to remove the Joker Pest...and it worked
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-02-2021 at 06:51 AM.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Joker is the wild card. I agree with the earlier post. Doing something like capturing Typhoid Mary is going to make things extremely difficult for Kingpin. Joker made the Batman's Life hell. If Fisk sees the Joker Threat, he'll be able to gather his resources, planning, and use extreme measure to take Joker off the board for good.

    Overall, my money is on Kingpin. I say this because I remember the story where Gotham got hit with an Earthquake. Luthor moved in to build properties. Joker begins killing Luthor's Employees. Luthor hired Bane to remove the Joker Pest...and it worked
    Unless Joker is being serious, then who knows what he’d do, remember he basically took out a good part of Gotham with his venom in Endgame, then recently and in other times he’s broken into Arkham no matter how secure they try making it, could he get into Kingpins fortress?

    He also took out an entire police station, maybe Gotham’s gangs will refuse to fight him out of pure fear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •