Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Joker is the wild card. I agree with the earlier post. Doing something like capturing Typhoid Mary is going to make things extremely difficult for Kingpin. Joker made the Batman's Life hell. If Fisk sees the Joker Threat, he'll be able to gather his resources, planning, and use extreme measure to take Joker off the board for good.

Overall, my money is on Kingpin. I say this because I remember the story where Gotham got hit with an Earthquake. Luthor moved in to build properties. Joker begins killing Luthor's Employees. Luthor hired Bane to remove the Joker Pest...and it worked
    Joker made Batman's life "hell" (you know, so much hell that he had to only live in one giant mansion mostly) because Batman a) won't just kill Joker and b) will let the Joker go to save a civilian that the Joker has endangered. Fisk is under no such limitations. Joker comes to play with the big man, he's going to get destroyed. Plus Fisk, unlike Batman, will mobilize an army against the Joker if Joker interferes in anything Wilson is planning.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Joker made Batman's life "hell" (you know, so much hell that he had to only live in one giant mansion mostly) because Batman a) won't just kill Joker and b) will let the Joker go to save a civilian that the Joker has endangered. Fisk is under no such limitations. Joker comes to play with the big man, he's going to get destroyed. Plus Fisk, unlike Batman, will mobilize an army against the Joker if Joker interferes in anything Wilson is planning.
    But Joker hasn’t really tried killing Batman...and I just imagine him being able to sneak into kingpins compound n killing him in his sleep, he got into the batcave.

Or gassing the entire block taking out kingpins men.

More so even Batman can’t find the Joker, how would Kingpin find him.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That's assuming Kingpin doesn't introduce himself to Gotham by killing the clown from the jump.

I think we can very safely assume that Deathstroke will find himself on a very very healthy retainer

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

smart money would just have fisk have joker killed when he comes to gotham, just so he won't have to deal with the clown in the future.

I think we’re generally in agreement, but I will add two caveats to all of this.

1. Bruce is not Matt (or Peter for that matter). Bruce has the financial and tech might to severely undermine Fisk’s finances (at least the more legitimate stuff).
    2. If Fisk moved to the DCU, why would he stay in Gotham. He could go to DC New York, which he’d be mostly familiar with, and which doesn’t have a Batman, or he could continue trying to live and work in a scumbag craphole of embedded psychos and bat-themed vigilantes. I realise it’s the point of the OP, but I can’t see him staying.

How long will it take Fisk to figure out Batman's secret identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think we’re generally in agreement, but I will add two caveats to all of this.

1. Bruce is not Matt (or Peter for that matter). Bruce has the financial and tech might to severely undermine Fisk’s finances (at least the more legitimate stuff).
    Bruce typically doesn't have a very hands on approach with his company, which could leave him open to some nasty business in the boardroom, both legal and otherwise.

2. If Fisk moved to the DCU, why would he stay in Gotham. He could go to DC New York, which he’d be mostly familiar with, and which doesn’t have a Batman, or he could continue trying to live and work in a scumbag craphole of embedded psychos and bat-themed vigilantes. I realise it’s the point of the OP, but I can’t see him staying.
    The idea of a city where crime runs rampant does present several opportunities for somebody like Fisk. He just has to take all the loose wild crime and organize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    How long will it take Fisk to figure out Batman's secret identity?
    I can also see Kingpin calling in Riddler for this. Give Riddler whatever resource and funding he needs and turn him loose with the only goal being "answer me this riddle. Who is Batman?"

There us another potential wild card; Red Hood. While he is a Bat Family member (for better or worse), publicly, he is a criminal and has been a crime boss in the past himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Bruce typically doesn't have a very hands on approach with his company, which could leave him open to some nasty business in the boardroom, both legal and otherwise.

The idea of a city where crime runs rampant does present several opportunities for somebody like Fisk. He just has to take all the loose wild crime and organize it.

I can also see Kingpin calling in Riddler for this. Give Riddler whatever resource and funding he needs and turn him loose with the only goal being "answer me this riddle. Who is Batman?"

You'd not putting Fisk in the same league as Bruce Wayne are you? I know Batgod is a hated concept around these parts, but Batman as Bruce Wayne has kept Lex Luthor, from taking over Gotham. He leaves Wayne Corp in Lucius's Fox's hands, but by his feats Bruce runs rings around Fisk at the corporate raider game.

Imo, the board is severely overplaying Fisk's abilities here. The Batvillains are hokey, but they are geniuses in their own right who make the most dangerous man in the DCU's life miserable. They are theatrical but also very dangerous. They benefit from a strong degree of plot armour, but so does Fisk.

Plot armour’s irrelevant in this case. It’s just that, with very specific exceptions, most of the criminal community in Gotham are probably going to prefer to work for a guy who is even-handed with his operatives and who has a decent (if undocumented) benefits package if compared to an erratic, insane boss who is likely to kill you on a whim.

I think if the villains see him coming they would snap him up in a more collective fashion as a threat before he gets established.

Dunno if that will work tho
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think if the villains see him coming they would snap him up in a more collective fashion as a threat before he gets established.

Dunno if that will work tho
    There is no chance they would make that happen. They haven't managed to stop each other in 80 years. The new kid, who is better then they are, will run circles around them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That's assuming Kingpin doesn't introduce himself to Gotham by killing the clown from the jump.
    But how would he find him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    But how would he find him.
    given his resources and how much of a grand stander joker is, fisk wouldn't have much problem finding him once. and once is all he will need to send someone like bullseyes or nitro.