All-New Member

Default Help an old collector out. Have a question.

I’m trying to find a collection of Amazing Spider-Man 175 through 250. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections skip from volume 7 to volume 15. This skips all the issues I’m interested in. Why was this done? Are they collected somewhere else? If so, I can’t find those other collections. Anyone know if they exist and where I can find them?

Edit: I prefer paperback, color volumes
    Last edited by Pre-Crisis Kid; 04-01-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Crisis Kid View Post
    I’m trying to find a collection of Amazing Spider-Man 175 through 250. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections skip from volume 7 to volume 15. This skips all the issues I’m interested in. Why was this done? Are they collected somewhere else? If so, I can’t find those other collections. Anyone know if they exist and where I can find them?

Epic collections are released out of order. Those volumes WILL be released, they just haven't yet.
    Typically they bounce back & forth between the beginning and then later volumes.

So they might go volume 7 and then 6-9 month later release vol 20, then volume 8, and then volume 24, etc... They do tend to release the beginning volumes in sequential order, but these releases take time, so to get vols 7-15 you're going to wait like 8 or so years to get them all in Epic format.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Crisis Kid View Post

These issues are collected in the Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Masterworks line, but they don't fit the preferred criteria you mention: they are in color but they are hardcover volumes.

Vol. 17 (2015) collects ASM #169-180, Annual #11, Nova #12 and Marvel Treasury Edition #14
    Vol. 18 (2016) collects ASM #181-193, The Mighty Marvel Comics Calendar 1978, and material from Annual #12
    Vol. 19 (2017) collects ASM #193-202, Annual #13 and PP:SSM Annual #1
    Vol. 20 (2018) collects ASM #203-212 and Annual #14
    Vol. 21 (2019) collects ASM #213-223 and Annual #15
    Vol. 22 (2020) collects ASM #224-237, Annual #16, The Marvel Comics Guide to Collecting Comics 1982 and material from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe
    And vol. 23 will collect ASM #238-251, Annual #17 and SSM #85, and will be released sometime this year, I think november.

There's also the Roger Stern omnibus that collects the equivalent of MMWs 22 and 23 plus a bunch of Spectacular issues, but that's an even chunkier book and might be a hassle to read if you prefer paperbacks.