Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Gipsy Danger vs Monsterverse Kong

Raleigh and Mako in Gipsy Danger take on Kong from the Monsterverse. Kong is at his GvK age, and has his axe

Kong punches Danger's head clean off. He was strong enough to hack off mecha godzilla's limbs off with his axe and straight ripped his head off like a damn Sub Zero fatality.

He's also strong enough to throw the 100000 TON Godzilla. And his punches rocked him quite a few times. He should have more than enough power to knock out Danger with his fisticuffs

Gipsy Avenger would be better suited to a fight like this. Unlike Gipsy Danger, Avenger is faster and more agile in close quarters. Against an opponent like MonsterVerse Kong, you're going to need a significant amount of strength and speed to compensate. Gipsy Danger is made of so much win and while she could hold her own against most kaiju in CQC, she's way too slow to keep pace. But even if she could it wouldn't be enough. MV Kong is a powerful Titan. He's a brilliant tactician, easily up there with the best Jaeger pilots. Danger's Plasma Cannon might pose a threat, but Kong's fast enough to evade it, and durable enough to risk direct hits.

I don't know how many Jaegers would be needed to put this Kong down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post

I don't know how many Jaegers would be needed to put this Kong down.
    IMO you'd need a whole Shatterdome and then some. Kong's had a lot of experience fighting multiple opponents at the same time, and being able to focus on a single Jaeger without any distractions, would lead to said Jaeger being dismantled. Kong isn't the average Kaiju; his practically-human intelligence means he's a bigger threat and tougher opponent than any Jaeger pilot has ever faced. Not even Obsidian Fury with its Kaiju brain was as smart as current Kong is.

Danger weighs in at 2000 tons. That's about 98000 tons less than what Kong was throwing around in GVK. Danger is basically a ragdoll here.

Weight matters

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Sorry guys, I have to chime in: Zilla does not weigh 160K tons like it said in that graphic, not at his size. That would literally be around a THOUSAND blue whales, and he's simply not that big or massive. I'll note that the same set of graphics said that Kong weighed... 150 or so tons.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Zilla could just be very very dense
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sorry guys, I have to chime in: Zilla does not weigh 160K tons like it said in that graphic, not at his size. That would literally be around a THOUSAND blue whales, and he's simply not that big or massive. I'll note that the same set of graphics said that Kong weighed... 150 or so tons.
    Kong weighted that in Kong skull island. Now he's over 3 times that size and fighting an another weight class. Godzilla is clearly made up of far more dense material then whales, given his immense durability.

Yeah, I dunno how much Godzilla weighs but if the 160k figure is true, and if Kong is comparable (if not lighter because he's shorter/likely less dense), those ships should have capsized just from climbing on.

On a side note, I feel like 2000 is also too light for the Jaegers, considering they're the size of skyscrapers. Even if they're mostly hollow, the framework and the shell separately should be more than 2000; then add in the weaponry, all the other doo-dads, etc...

The "164k ton" statistic from the beginning of GvK should be tossed out.

It, and several other stats from the same display, are LITERALLY copy pasted from a 2014 issue of "Popular Mechanics" magazine.

It was the HEIGHT of laziness when official Legendary figures have frequently been discussed and confirmed in various other canon sources.

He is 98k tons.

Kong was stated, officially, at 158 tons when he was still a baby back in the 70s. He is over 3x taller now and WAY more durable. Fabulously so. Which lends itself to saying his density has increased dramatically.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

In regards to the thread match up, Tomzilla gives a brilliant response.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The "164k ton" statistic from the beginning of GvK should be tossed out.

It, and several other stats from the same display, are LITERALLY copy pasted from a 2014 issue of "Popular Mechanics" magazine.

It was the HEIGHT of laziness when official Legendary figures have frequently been discussed and confirmed in various other canon sources.

He is 98k tons.

Kong was stated, officially, at 158 tons when he was still a baby back in the 70s. He is over 3x taller now and WAY more durable. Fabulously so. Which lends itself to saying his density has increased dramatically.
    Are you suggesting he used to be hollow and filled with helium?

That’s not how gorillas work. You’re thinking of babloons.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Are you suggesting he used to be hollow and filled with helium?

That’s not how gorillas work. You’re thinking of babloons.
    I am ashamed to admit this made me chuckle
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    oh yeah that's the hard part to swallow about a world with giant animals and a literal hollow Earth, and the 150 ton figure is from the 1973 version, the modern version was over three times taller

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I am ashamed to admit this made me chuckle
    No you're not. It was chuckleriffic.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan