Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    They could give it a DCeased flavour that'd be right up his alley.....

But YES!! I was disappointed when this was scrapped due to the writer's strike (and the Aussie Government being dicks about funding).
    Barry & Wally both represented? Yes please!
    Batman becomes a cannibal!

Yeah, I'd like to see both Barry & Wally together.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wanted to post exactly this lol. Both Batman and Hal (there were some small rumors he'd play Hal in the DCEU) dodged some bullets there..
    Otherwise, sure, why not?
    Oh, I didn't know about him playing Hal.

If they were doing both Barry & Wally, I'd also like to see Hal & John (and maybe Guy later on)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes, definitively. This would have been awsome (storywise. I'm not too sure of the esthetics choices. Tall boots Batman? Nah!). Proves once again that the biggest threat in a cinematic DCU is Warnerr Bros executives.

Peace
    So the villain in the sequel would be WB?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I didn't know about him playing Hal.
    I don't think it was ever official, just fan speculation based on starring in a movie with Cavill at one point and I think he went along with it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So the villain in the sequel would be WB?
    A villain so powerful, they made sure there'd never be a sequel, by nixing the original. Take note, Lex, Darkseid and buddies.

Peace

Read the script years ago, and really liked it. I not only would have wanted this to come to fruition then, I'd be up for Miller picking up the pieces and doing it now. Would need a different cast, of course, what with one of them dead, another one in the toxic-do-not-touch zone, and all the rest more than a decade older. And Miller might want to change some of the designs after a decade, but hell, let him do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Read the script years ago, and really liked it. I not only would have wanted this to come to fruition then, I'd be up for Miller picking up the pieces and doing it now. Would need a different cast, of course, what with one of them dead, another one in the toxic-do-not-touch zone, and all the rest more than a decade older. And Miller might want to change some of the designs after a decade, but hell, let him do whatever he wants.
    This. DCEU is going in the "multiverse" direction, let them put their money where their mouth is and do a better JL film on another earth.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think it was ever official, just fan speculation based on starring in a movie with Cavill at one point and I think he went along with it for a bit.
    I think it was Man from UNCLE

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    A villain so powerful, they made sure there'd never be a sequel, by nixing the original. Take note, Lex, Darkseid and buddies.

Peace
    Maybe in a future justice League movie, the League can get captured by a powerful cosmic force who, instead of trying to conquer the galaxy, just wants the League to reenact their greatest moments as movies for his home planet, but completely gets the characterizations and plot wrong because, in his mind, it's "better"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I've been thirsting for the movies to adapt Sacrifice w/ Superman vs. WW ft. Maxwell Lord neck snap so...yeah.

I would have loved to have seen what George Miller could have done with the League. He’s a fantastic director. My only issue is with the choice of villains for the teams first cinematic outing. No idea why they would go with Talia, Max Lord, and the OMACs. I’m sure having less exciting villains would have saved a lot of money on a CGI budget but still.

Maybe they could do it as an animated movie someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would have loved to have seen what George Miller could have done with the League. He’s a fantastic director. My only issue is with the choice of villains for the teams first cinematic outing. No idea why they would go with Talia, Max Lord, and the OMACs. I’m sure having less exciting villains would have saved a lot of money on a CGI budget but still.

Maybe they could do it as an animated movie someday.
    It did seem like a very credible threat, though (especially backed by the OMAC's - there's your CGI budget right there, and let's not forget that Lord's control over Superman make him a real danger, enough that here, and in the comics, the only way out for the heroes was to cross the line and snap his neck). But I think the rfeal thing was that, they had plenty of room to go up from there. Take the Snyder League (which, make no mistake, I LOVED the Snydercut), where do you go after tackling Darkseid?

Peace

it could have been fun. there would have been controversy with Common as John Stewart.. traditionally Stewart isn't "light skinned" and inevitably that would inspire mini-riots on social media regarding colorism..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it could have been fun. there would have been controversy with Common as John Stewart.. traditionally Stewart isn't "light skinned" and inevitably that would inspire mini-riots on social media regarding colorism..
    I disagree, if only because social media just wasn't as huge back when this would have been made. I mean, it kind of sort of existed in 08/09 when this might've came out, but just not on the same level and extent. Would it have been a thing? Sure. Would if have been a thing most people were aware of? Nah.

I would had loved to seen the George Miller movie about the Justice League. But, alas, in the imagination, those undone pojects always are better than what could really had been.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin