Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That is bollocks. There are various martial arts where the aim is to use the opponents weight and physical strength against them. so the argument that a small person or a woman shouldn't be able to take on a huge man isn't doesn't even hold up in real life not to mention in comics.

Damian might be smaller than all the other Robins but none of them come even remotely close when it comes to talent and abilities as Robin.

If Tim fought King Snake then Damian should wipe the floor with him.

Would Jason be able to take King Snake? Damian has beaten Jason twice and he is the largest of the Bats.

And not to mention that Damian's skills isn't just martial arts or when we put his speed into consideration. The kid is a bullet dodger and knows some magic, remember Gotham Girl? I expect Damian to go very far in this
    Well... yeah. It's his book after all so I would hope he gets fairly far

As for all that other stuff, one could argue that comparing a smaller adult to the still developing child and the use of MMA math doesn't necessarily hold up but at the end of the day DC is a place where non-superpowered people are written as if they are superpowered so none of it really matters anyway.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Isn't King Snake was defeated by Tim Drake on his early issues? Like Robin issue #2? When Tim is a newbie on hero community? Previously ordinary kid with no combat training before he met Batman?

I fail to see why Damian who has been Robin for 3 years, trained since birth, and has many experience must struggle to fight King Snake like Tim Drake as newbie hero.
    It was Shiva who beat him up but she beat him up so bad, he thought Tim beat him up. So he went after Tim later but this time Batman beat him up. Years later, Bane beat him up, revenge for leaving him in Santa Prisca as a child.

Shiva went after him because at that time he's considered the most dangerous man alive, as he beat the previous most dangerous martial artists that Shiva wanted to fight. He's not supposed to be a pushover.

Well, it's been years and more than a few World Most Dangerous Anything since then, so he went down the list.

===

Hang on. New interview about the fights

"In my notebook, I have graphs. I have the tournament broken up, and I have who's doing what -- and not only is it who wins in these fights -- but because I can figure out who fights who, the way that the tournament brackets are going to break up, eventually everyone fights each other.

So it's like trying to figure out the map of who fights who, but I don't want to do anything where I'm cheating. I don't want someone to win just because I want them to win.

And so I go in there and I really look at, stats, history, what they've done, what they've not done, what's happening in the book, and how are people manipulating these fights.

Connor Hawke is working with the League of Shadows, and so what is he up to during all of this and how are the League of Shadows manipulating things?

I went through all that stuff, and that's how I figured out who's winning.

It's been tough at times because, yeah, I don't want to cheat, and I don't want to make it so one character gets knocked out early.

So it's a lot of,-- I want to say math -- but it's definitely been on my mind of how I roll out fights across the book to show how people
    lose, when they win, what are the circumstances they give us there, but at the same time, making it fun for everybody. And that way, nobody's disappointed. I'm sure people will probably be like, 'This is one of my favorite characters. I can't believe they lost.' But I think there are ways of playing with it to make it feel satisfying."

- Josh Will

https://www.cbr.com/robin-joshua-wil...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-02-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

So, again, anyone know Connor's official status in canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Raptor's alive again?
    I assume that, like Roy Harper, he returned following DEATH METAL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So, again, anyone know Connor's official status in canon?
    He's been on a sabbatical .

Seems like Respawn is roughly in Damian's ballpark as far as height/size.

Enough to make a guy wonder...

Speculation

In the recent interview here (https://www.cbr.com/robin-joshua-wil...***-interview/) Williamson says

"In my notebook, I have graphs. I have the tournament broken up, and I have who's doing what -- and not only is it who wins in these fights -- but because I can figure out who fights who, the way that the tournament brackets are going to break up, eventually everyone fights each other."

Here is a list of people we know will be competing and some of my predictions for them, and how I think Damian will fare.

- Batman of Japan
    Since Jiro is a heroic character. He's one of the few people competing who would be friendly towards Damian and would likely treat him as an ally.

I have a bit of a feeling we might see him get beaten by another more villainous character who Damian will later face to highlight the threat they pose. We still do not really know how exactly the tournament works but he is not a character I see getting into later stages of the tournament.

Since he is pretty much attached to the hip with Shy Crazy Lolita Canary (what a name), who is with him in pretty much all his appearances. I do wonder if we will also see her or if she will be allowed to fight alongside him. I guess that may be kinda cheating.

- Brutale

He has been taken down by Nightwing, Red Robin and Blue Beetle in different stories. So I don't think he will be posing a major threat to Damian or to other characters I expect to get further in the tournament such as Rose, Flatline and Connor. Doubt will be winning many of his match ups.

- Constantine Drakon

He is meant to be one of the best martial artists in the world and I expect we will see that. Defo someone who will make it far. I do not expect Damian to win every fight so he is definitely a character I could see him losing too.

- Connor Hawke

We know him and Damian fight in issue three. I would not be surprised if he won it, but they both make it too a later round and Damian wins the rematch.

Will probably become friends with Damian sooner or later. We know the chemistry between Damian and Connor is going to be explored so I think them working together will be the natural conclusion once the league of shadows controlling him are dealt with.

- Flatline
    A new character so impossible to predict.

- King Snake
    We literally see Damian knocking him right out in the preview. So likely going to be a character knocked out in the very first round - assuming that is how the tournament works.

- Lady Vic
    Been bested by both Nightwing and Batwing. So another character I think Damian will be able to defeat.

- Raptor
    Not really too sure about Raptor at all. If Dick can beat him I think Damian should be able too. Though it was a tough fight for Nightwing for whom it was more personal.

- Ravager
    We know she will be Damian's main friend in the competition. So I can see her staying in the tournament for quite awhile. I suspect Damian and Her will work together and advise each other on how to defeat foes.

- Respawn
    Also brand new so no idea really! I could see him becoming another character Damian might ally with. But I have nothing to base that on but my gut!

To summarise

I think Damian should beat: Batman of Japan, Brutale, King Snake and Raptor

I have no idea for: Ravager and Respawn

I think he will likely lose (initially) to: Constantine Drakon, Connor Hawke and Flatline
    Last edited by Katana500; 04-03-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Not really fond of Raptor being there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I feel Happy.. Like when RSOB was announced.

I liked the preview...

COPYRIGHT. How Rose is not bothered to see one Slade copyright here?

I heard that KING SNAKE is BANE fathe
    r... I did not saw him too old. He has been dead for decades?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey, Damian’s finally looking at least a wee bit taller. Not a bad start..
    Same opinion Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This one's from DC Comics website, they have an extra

Attachment 108004
    This one from Josh Will on Twitter
    thanks. First time that I see it
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-05-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I feel Happy.. Like when RSOB was announced.

I liked the preview...

COPYRIGHT. How Rose is not bothered to see one Slade copyright here?

I heard that KING SNAKE is BANE fathe
    r... I did not saw him too old. He has been dead for decades?
    He was created before Bane and I don't know how old Bane is. Usually people put him as the same age for the parallel but he can be up to a decade younger than Bruce for all we know.

King Snake, while not as old as Thomas Wayne, is older than Bruce, and was probably only early 20s after quitting the military and became a mercenary for the rebellion in Santa Prisca then sired Bane. He'd be late 50s when he met the Bat fam.

Then he died before Flashpoint, timeline change, backstory change, and possible resurrection that made him healthier... there's enough gap and justification for his younger look.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-05-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Speculation

In the recent interview here (https://www.cbr.com/robin-joshua-wil...***-interview/) Williamson says

"In my notebook, I have graphs. I have the tournament broken up, and I have who's doing what -- and not only is it who wins in these fights -- but because I can figure out who fights who, the way that the tournament brackets are going to break up, eventually everyone fights each other."

Here is a list of people we know will be competing and some of my predictions for them, and how I think Damian will fare.

- Batman of Japan
    Since Jiro is a heroic character. He's one of the few people competing who would be friendly towards Damian and would likely treat him as an ally.

I have a bit of a feeling we might see him get beaten by another more villainous character who Damian will later face to highlight the threat they pose. We still do not really know how exactly the tournament works but he is not a character I see getting into later stages of the tournament.

Since he is pretty much attached to the hip with Shy Crazy Lolita Canary (what a name), who is with him in pretty much all his appearances. I do wonder if we will also see her or if she will be allowed to fight alongside him. I guess that may be kinda cheating.

- Brutale

He has been taken down by Nightwing, Red Robin and Blue Beetle in different stories. So I don't think he will be posing a major threat to Damian or to other characters I expect to get further in the tournament such as Rose, Flatline and Connor. Doubt will be winning many of his match ups.

- Constantine Drakon

He is meant to be one of the best martial artists in the world and I expect we will see that. Defo someone who will make it far. I do not expect Damian to win every fight so he is definitely a character I could see him losing too.

- Connor Hawke

We know him and Damian fight in issue three. I would not be surprised if he won it, but they both make it too a later round and Damian wins the rematch.

Will probably become friends with Damian sooner or later. We know the chemistry between Damian and Connor is going to be explored so I think them working together will be the natural conclusion once the league of shadows controlling him are dealt with.

- Flatline

- King Snake
    We literally see Damian knocking him right out in the preview. So likely going to be a character knocked out in the very first round - assuming that is how the tournament works.

- Lady Vic
    Been bested by both Nightwing and Batwing. So another character I think Damian will be able to defeat.

- Raptor
    Not really too sure about Raptor at all. If Dick can beat him I think Damian should be able too. Though it was a tough fight for Nightwing for whom it was more personal.

- Ravager
    We know she will be Damian's main friend in the competition. So I can see her staying in the tournament for quite awhile. I suspect Damian and Her will work together and advise each other on how to defeat foes.

- Respawn
    Also brand new so no idea really! I could see him becoming another character Damian might ally with. But I have nothing to base that on but my gut!

To summarise

I think he will likely lose (initially) to: Constantine Drakon, Connor Hawke and Flatline
    I'm glad Damian and Connor are going to talk and bond. I also like what Williamson said in the article about expectations of fans of other characters. Good to know that he understands that all fans what to see characters they like have a decent showing.

I don't think Damian can take Raptor. Didn't Deathstroke lose to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Speculation

- Batman of Japan

- Brutale

- Constantine Drakon

- Connor Hawke

- Flatline

- King Snake

- Lady Vic

- Raptor

- Ravager

- Respawn

To summarise

So the Bat Family current ranking's that King posted at the start of Rebirth makes more sense now and it's now pretty much confirms that those weren't King's personal opinions.

Williamson's logic for what skill level we can expect to see for Damian makes sense and mirrors his positioning on that Batfam list.
    Damian when we factor in his skill level when he was introduced and then add 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I'm glad Damian and Connor are going to talk and bond. I also like what Williamson said in the article about expectations of fans of other characters. Good to know that he understands that all fans what to see characters they like have a decent showing.

I don't think Damian can take Raptor. Didn't Deathstroke lose to him?
    I may have underrated Raptor slightly. He's defo a character who if they beat Damian I wouldn't be super shocked.

I think some of the new characters will be a challenge to fight like the assassin ballerina. Feel like it will be fun seeing her battle.

I think it depends if Raptor can use his glove in this or not. If they have to fight unarmed then I can see Damian beating him.

Not been interested in comics for as while now. They just lost their appeal for some reason. For the past year I've just been getting more and more into Manga but this title I'm really liking the more I learn and see.

Don't know much about Conner Hawke but he sounds interesting.