Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    dr strange could potencially solo, his magic + Wanda's tk (since this is endgame versions) would be enough to be beat him,

[

add the flying bricks like Thor and Carol and it's an overkill

about the thanos vs kong, depends on how many stones Thanos has, even with the power stone alone i think he could win, if he is stoneless he will lose badly
    What is Endgame level Wanda going to do to Kong? He is strong enough to push through her tk, and far bigger and heavier then anything she had interacted with at that point.

Also what's Strange going to do to Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Oh no. It's the intro of Thor Ragnarok with the dragon, but with ape guts instead.
    That Dragon isn't even a fraction of the size of Kong, is Thor going to summon the Bifrost hundreds of times, while Kong stands there?
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 04-02-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    What is Endgame level Wanda going to do to Kong? He is strong enough to push through her tk, and far bigger and heavier then anything she had interacted with at that point.

That Dragon isn't even a fraction of the size of Kong, is Thor going to summon the Bifrost hundreds of times, while Kong stands there?
    Just needs a headshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post

wasn't he struggling to break free from some huge chains?

anyways, my point wasn't that Wanda would lift him or something, clog his nostrils with energy while Strange bfr him, the glass cannon can do this from the distance while the flying bricks (Thor/Captain Marvel/ the iron men etc) annoy him

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Just needs a headshot.
    Not how the FTL Elevator works.

It's never done any damage to anything it "lands" on other then superficial burn marks*.

For it to tear you to pieces, you need to be half on, half off of the thing when it starts moving.

*Aside from in Thor 1 where they left the gateway permanently on but there is no reason to believe MCU Thor with Stormbreaker can summon a Bifrost on that level.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Can't Wanda just turn everyone into plushies?

With the Pym particles, they can just shrink all the monsters.

Thanos without the gauntlet can't really do too much here.
    Hahaha that be messed up

There was a show where these assassins could shrink their prisoners...they tried capturing the heroes but the hero gets one of their weapons n they fight trying to shrink each other. But finally the hero shrinks the villain and stomps him

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Not how the FTL Elevator works.

It's never done any damage to anything it "lands" on other then superficial burn marks*.

For it to tear you to pieces, you need to be half on, half off of the thing when it starts moving.

*Aside from in Thor 1 where they left the gateway permanently on but there is no reason to believe MCU Thor with Stormbreaker can summon a Bifrost on that level.
    Eh, if Thor calls it on Kong, complete with "send this **** somewhere" mode, then turns it off, the part of Kong in the beam is going to be excised, I would think. Kong's durability isn't beyond reason or anything. Or, he's just BFRd into space. Works just as well.

Not that it matters, Carol plus Vision plus Ant Man (for shrinking) plus Strange for mirror dump plus Thor with Stormbreaker OR with "biggest lightning in the history of lightning, said by a dude who would know" is 5 direct ways Kong dies.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, if Thor calls it on Kong, complete with "send this **** somewhere" mode, then turns it off, the part of Kong in the beam is going to be excised, I would think. Kong's durability isn't beyond reason or anything. Or, he's just BFRd into space. Works just as well.

Not that it matters, Carol plus Vision plus Ant Man (for shrinking) plus Strange for mirror dump plus Thor with Stormbreaker OR with "biggest lightning in the history of lightning, said by a dude who would know" is 5 direct ways Kong dies.
    Oh, team MCU has many ways of handling this. I dont doubt for a minute that they totally win.

I just really dont think the Bifrost is the way to do it. Too big, too fast and we've never seen it used in that manner on a target that big from Stormbreaker.

They have much better options here.

Also, without getting into spoilers, I doubt that lightning by itself is one of the ways they win this. Have you seen GvK yet?

God I just want to talk about ALL of this loudly and with everyone lol. I've already burned out my irl friends and family XD
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Kong loses to the Avengers. There are just too many ways for them to win.

As for the Bonus Round?

Thanos is one of the most powerful characters in the MCU. He's durable enough to shrug off thunderous attacks from Thor and Hulk, and, even more impressive, he can wield the power of the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos is strong enough to shatter vibranium like it's nothing. He is quick enough to deflect attacks from Iron Man and Thor. Couple that with his brilliant tactician mind, Thanos is a force to be reckoned with.

Kong literally crushes him without breaking a sweat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    wasn't he struggling to break free from some huge chains?
    The system that locked/unlocked those same chains was also able to monitor/change Kong's level of sedatives so I assumed they must have gone hand in hand.

And even then they said in the movie Kong's "adoptive daughter" being on the same ship was the only reason he hadn't torn the ship apart by then. Kong knows how to swim so if he spotted land nearby at some point, he could have made a run for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Yep, hard stop on either Wanda (arguable though as this is as of Endgame) or Pym particle shenanigans.
    I think we all expected "Kong versus" threads. I was thinking more of stuff like "Kong versus Thor: no ranged attacks allowed and no using flight to stay out of range" or Kong versus the Hulk. But against the whole Avengers team or just Wanda or Ant-Man, Kong has no defense.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think we all expected "Kong versus" threads. I was thinking more of stuff like "Kong versus Thor: no ranged attacks allowed and no using flight to stay out of range" or Kong versus the Hulk. But against the whole Avengers team or just Wanda or Ant-Man, Kong has no defense.
    Well depending on what the ranged attack is, and even assuming Kong's Hollow Earth axe can only amp itself with Titan or Godzilla power, the axe was still unable to completely negate Godzilla's atomic breath force. Kong was pushed backwards but still held his ground without being knocked on his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh, team MCU has many ways of handling this. I dont doubt for a minute that they totally win.

I just really dont think the Bifrost is the way to do it. Too big, too fast and we've never seen it used in that manner on a target that big from Stormbreaker.

They have much better options here.

Also, without getting into spoilers, I doubt that lightning by itself is one of the ways they win this. Have you seen GvK yet?

God I just want to talk about ALL of this loudly and with everyone lol. I've already burned out my irl friends and family XD
    I have seen it - and I really enjoyed the ride. There's tons of stoopid in it - it's a Monsterverse film! Most of the human parts are absolute excrement.

But they freaking NAILED Kong. You feel when he's scared, angry, confused, happy, loving, proud, hurt, everything. And when the last setpiece comes around, oh man, you'd have to be a terrible person not to feel amazed and awed. When Zilla fires his breath, you feel that it's POWERFUL. When giant monsters impact each other, it actually feels like a thing. Yeah, Godzilla's inexplicable healing factor is weird, but that's OK. Zilla's only emotion is RAAAAAAAGE but then, that's worked for Batman for 80 years, so that's fine.

Yeah, it's the best of the Monsterverse films by a large margin for me.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Well depending on what the ranged attack is, and even assuming Kong's Hollow Earth axe can only amp itself with Titan or Godzilla power, the axe was still unable to completely negate Godzilla's atomic breath force. Kong was pushed backwards but still held his ground without being knocked on his ass.
    That was one time. The second time, he and the axe kept going through the breath like Stormbreaker through the IG blast. And of course the end of that exchange was Zilla, unconscious.

Astonishing Member

That was one time. The second time, he and the axe kept going through the breath like Stormbreaker through the IG blast. And of course the end of that exchange was Zilla, unconscious.
    Yeah but Kong not only had the momentum of jumping into it beforehand, he also initially pushed the handle and axe forward in front of him with two hands as if to parry Godzilla's pulse. After that, the axe should have become fully charged, enough so that Kong delivering a two-handed blow to Godzilla's head made him go down long enough the humans felt Kong had won the second round (even if Godzilla recovered quickly enough because he has a lot of fight in him in general).

At absolute minimum the axe should be a decent shield against any comparatively smaller blasts he could swing against. The handle is some inner-glowing Titan bone and the head (a Zilla dorsal fin?) can cut into Titan flesh and bones.

BANNED

Yeah, Godzilla's inexplicable healing factor is weird
    That made it occur to me that the Monsterverse version of Organizer-G1 might be revealed if Toho renews the license. Problem is one-upping Kong and Mechagodzilla. The only thing I can think of at this point, is King Gidorah or SpaceGodzilla and maybe een the Xilians.