Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think they were commending her for stepping up and fighting for Krakoa.
    Where is the confident badass speech by Betsy? I am disappointed and sad...

It is more like...

Quiet Council : Do this and do that!
    Betsy : Ok, fine...but all I care is Gaia.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    This plot point about Malice and her escaping through the Gate is really badly executed it seems, imho.
    You could say the same about pretty much every plot point in Excalibur. I don't think Betsy has actually accomplished anything in this entire series? Most of what she did up until this point was part of a scheme from Apocalypse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I know. You don’t see anything positive for Betsy. LoganDowner
    I'm FAR from the only one that doesn't like how she's being written in Excalibur, I'm bashing the writing not the character...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm FAR from the only one that doesn't like how she's being written in Excalibur, I'm bashing the writing not the character...
    I hate the way she’s being written as well, but it seems you’re never happy with any direction any writer tries to take her. Unless she’s with Warren.
    Tini is awful and handling this book and every character in it (besides A) horribly, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I hate the way she’s being written as well, but it seems you’re never happy with any direction any writer tries to take her. Unless she’s with Warren.
    Tini is awful and handling this book and every character in it (besides A) horribly, in my opinion.
    Basically, the characters that are handled by Tini only are badly written in Excalibur. Apocalypse and Kwannon are only better because there are other writers(Hickman and Wells) co-writing them with Tini.

Also, I guess Tini don't really like her own casts(Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee) and treat them poorly.
    Last edited by Psigal; 04-02-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Where is the confident badass speech by Betsy? I am disappointed and sad...

It is more like...

Quiet Council : Do this and do that!
    Betsy : Ok, fine...but all I care is Gaia.
    Where did I say that would happen?

I said that’s what I’m hoping we would get when the textless preview was released.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-02-2021 at 10:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    "You fought bravely!"

She died immediately and accomplished literally nothing.
    she brought back the captain corps wich were a hail marry in a demonic invasion of otherworld, and she did take up arms immediatly and adquired two of the swords necessary on the list at once.

impressive how you all latched onto one particular line, ignoring the context where the council shows happiness and admiration for her bravery in the tornament, almost like it's being picked to it's nitty gritty to come up with ways to trash it!
    cute!

And coming back to work with a bajilion things to do isn't triumpth, it's business, the quiet council are a burocratic force not a cheer squad and her absence wasnt her fault but it caused an enourmous mess, wich its her responsibility to fix, because she's the boss?

Also many of you have to get your reading done on malice, when polaris was possesed by her many telepaths just thought she had gone evil, because malice is a near parisitic presence that melts with its host.
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-03-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You could say the same about pretty much every plot point in Excalibur. I don't think Betsy has actually accomplished anything in this entire series? Most of what she did up until this point was part of a scheme from Apocalypse.
    Excalibur plots are mostly dull. They spend a entire issue on a AU that wasn't important at all and issues later it is contradicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Excalibur plots are mostly dull. They spend a entire issue on a AU that wasn't important at all and issues later it is contradicted.
    I had hope when I read #16-#18 but got shattered after I read #19...

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    I had hope when I read #16-#18 but got shattered after I read #19...
    #19 jumped on a cliff, hard to believe Tini cant do justice to her protagonist.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

123456789ten
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-04-2021 at 07:31 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!