Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that the main writers didn't want Betsy and so she's just being used to push the storyline along for others mostly...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh so the panel with Kurt cheering that I thought hinted at Betsy joining the QC isn't any of that apparently.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh so the panel with Kurt cheering that I thought hinted at Betsy joining the QC isn't any of that apparently.
    It would be great if she takes Apocalypse’s seat

Ultimate Member

I sadly don't see them having Betsy get seat, not because she doesn't deserve it mind you...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I sadly don't see them having Betsy get seat, not because she doesn't deserve it mind you...
    I know. You don’t see anything positive for Betsy. LoganDowner

"You fought bravely!"

She died immediately and accomplished literally nothing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    "You fought bravely!"

Indeed. Tini must have forgot she wrote that drivel.

Hope we get more Kwannon. Crazy how Tini Howard and Wells have helped make her a breakout character of the Krakoa era and made her more distinct from her connection to Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah that’s what I was hoping for as well. Elizabeth would be more than deserving to be a part of the Council and be the ideal successor to Jean’s spot.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member

"You fought bravely!"

"You put up a valiant effort." aka. "You tried."

Though i notice everyone in this council meeting is talking weirdly formal or archaic, not like the modern day people they are (leaders or not) and more like they are in a generic 1960's fantasy novel series.

I half expect Elric of Melniboné to come walking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    "You put up a valiant effort." aka. "You tried."

Though i notice everyone in this council meeting is talking weirdly formal or archaic, not like the modern day people they are (leaders or not) and more like they are in a generic 1960's fantasy novel series.

I half expect Elric of Melniboné to come walking in.
    They looked like they were scolding a child
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I think they were commending her for stepping up and fighting for Krakoa.

Fantastic Member

"You fought bravely!"

Did the council meet individually with everyone who fought (and won) in the massive fight scene in XoS: Destruction?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Probably Malice
    Most likely though fail to see how Malice could be a threat on an island with so many telepaths (and probably Cerebros/Cerebras). Early on Psylocke had no problem isolating her "intruder psyche" when Maliced possessed Lorna.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Most likely though fail to see how Malice could be a threat on an island with so many telepaths (and probably Cerebros/Cerebras). Early on Psylocke had no problem isolating her "intruder psyche" when Maliced possessed Lorna.
    And yet no one knew that Malice was in Betsy’s body. Rachel or Emma didn’t even pick up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    And yet no one knew that Malice was in Betsy’s body. Rachel or Emma didn’t even pick up on it.

This right here.

You would have thought that the QC would have been told of the events and the little fact that Betsy coughed up that necklace/choker - Storm would have questioned and recognized it immediately.

This plot point about Malice and her escaping through the Gate is really badly executed it seems, imho.