Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jessica Cruz (in her original interpretation, not the new politicized one necessarily) was a great way to bring in diversity characters and make them feel like CHARACTERS first, not just token minorities.

I really liked the New 52 Amethyst as well.

While it wasn't perfect, I appreciated that there WAS a JLI....

I think the nu52 Earth 2 heroes should be kept. Not as a series, but as an interesting variation to team-up on occasion with the original JSA from the Golden Age.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Superman's origin: This is probably my second favorite Superman origin. And it's a hell of a lot more stable than what they have now.

Power Girl and Huntress being from Earth 2: It's not perfect but it felt a lot closer to her roots than anything else done in the last 35 years.

Aquaman: Johns gets a lot of (deserved) crap for his handling of some characters but he literally saved Aquaman.

Wonder Woman's sword: I feel like it makes sense for her to carry one around. It just seems to fit her personality. I wouldn't mind that costume being at least part of her history.

Chin strap Flash: I know a lot of people hate it but he was the one character it worked on.

Justice League Dark: This was a great idea that's clearly carried over into today.

Steve Trevor being the JL's liaison to the government: I feel like they need one and he works perfectly.

Animal Man, I, Vampire, Jonah Hex, Static, basically giving a bunch of new concepts a chance they might not have otherwise had.
    Agree with most of these. I’d keep the New 52 God designs from Azz WW (nothing else though), New 52 Supergirl since I enjoyed her adventures during that era especially when she was a Red Lantern, Jessica & Simon as GLs, and Tanya Spears Power Girl
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-07-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Earth 2. I really would like to see what happened to their new world after The Society. The rest, I really could do without most of it.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Some things I really enjoyed:

Steve Trevor being young & the Justice League's liaison to the government.

Hessia - She was one of the few bright spots from the New 52 Wonder Woman.

Justice League Dark

Aquaman - The run by Geoff Johns was ground breaking and iconic.

Power Girl & Huntress being from Earth 2. This made a lot of sense.

The Darkseid War

Costumes for Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman(Joe Bennet version), Zatanna(Ivan Reis version), Orion, Dr. Fate(E2), and Vixen.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    . . . Power Girl and Huntress being from Earth 2: It's not perfect but it felt a lot closer to her roots than anything else done in the last 35 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    . . . Power Girl & Huntress being from Earth 2. This made a lot of sense. . .
    Maybe because they were from the original Earth-2 in the pre-CoIE days?

And the reboot of Power Girl being a descendant of Arion / Atlantis in the post-CoIE days was just awful!
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 04-07-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Some things I really enjoyed:

Power Girl & Huntress being from Earth 2. This made a lot of sense.

Earth 2 was great when it began.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe because they were from the original Earth-2 in the pre-CoIE days?

And the reboot of Power Girl being a descendant of Arion / Atlantis in the post-CoIE days was just awful!
    PG and Huntress were prob... no, challenges, for DC in the immediate post-Crisis days. The main issue with them is not them, but DC changing continutiy with an incresingly faster pace to where it is now where e really have no idea what's canon and what isn't today as opposed to yesterday..