Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Frankenstein and the Creature Commandos!

Morrison’s t shirt and jeans Superman as Year One.

For all the crap and inconsistency in the New52 there was a lot of good stuff in there.

Morrison's Superman should've remained the official origin. And Perez toyed with the idea that Lois knew Clark was Superman but Clark didn't know that she knew, and that was a dynamic I wish DC had kept around longer. I'm in favor of the marriage (not so much the kid) so it's not a status quo I'd want "right now" but I'd have liked to see more done with it, and for it to have remained in the backstory.

A good chunk of Snyder's Batman stuff is worth keeping, in one form or another, and while a lot of stuff like the Court of Owls have been over-used that's not to say those things should be thrown away completely.

Steve Trevor as a badass Argus agent and League liaison.

Jessica Cruz is worth keeping, though there's too many Green Lanterns (and were before her and Baz showed up) so I still favor sending some of them to other Corps; Guy should have remained a Red, and the Red Lanterns should've kept that "Sons of Anarchy/space biker gang" vibe.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing both had great runs with stuff that was worth keeping.

Dial H was pretty great, and while I hear good things about Bendis' mini I feel like China Mieville and his "Tim Burton does comics" approach to the property had a lot more stand-out potential.

For all the problems with his early appearances and the overlap with Wally, Wallace West has turned into a viable character worth keeping.

Plenty of other stuff too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Starling from BoP: She was a very fun character in the start of the series and enriched Black Canary's backstory with a friend that's not already associated with other franchises. She should return as member of the BoP whenever they revive the book.

The Outsiders clans from Green Arrow - they were a great addition to the GA franchise, they just need another name that's not already taken.

Bunker was the only good thing to be associated with the Titans in the entire period between New 52 and Infinite Frontier. I'm glad Teen Titans Academy is using him in some capacity.

Extraordinary Member

Doomed was imo also a fun character.

And I also like the new Shazam Family.

Jessica Cruz. She was my favorite character born out of New 52.

Astonishing Member

I agree with everyone's points on Steve Trevor as an ARGUS agent and Justice League liason. In fact, if we ever get a WW live-action reboot with Steve in the present-day, I hope he fulfils this role. It gives him something to do beyond just being the love of Diana's life.

Scott Snyder's Batman stuff for sure, but that's already being kept anyway and doesn't really contradict much - well, apart from Zero Year. I think the Red Hood Gang is an interesting idea and throws a neat wrinkle into the Joker's origin and his "multiple choice past". I kinda like the Zero Year suit as one of Batman's early costumes - a good beta-suit that reflects the original 1939 version. And between Snyder and Tom King, they really made Riddler a major threat (something we're gonna see in a very different way again in Matt Reeves' movie), so yeah, that's great too.

I love Morrison's Superman, but I'm not sure if it can fit into the current take on the Superman mythos (which is mostly Post-COIE with a dash of the Silver Age), and I prefer it to be its own thing. But I like the idea of Superman's attitudes towards his mission changing along with his power levels, and of his world gradually becoming more sci-fi oriented over time. I also kinda like the wrinkle of Clark starting to work at the Daily Star, maybe as a rival to the Daily Planet's Lois, and him eventually ending up at the Daily Planet.

A lot of the Green Arrow mythos Lemire introduced is great and should absolutely stay (and it is staying by all accounts) - the Outsider clans, Emiko Queen, the Queen family in general having a bigger role. I like the New 52 suit as an 'early' costume for Green Arrow. Also the inclusion of Diggle (not so much Felicity).

Cyborg being tied to Apokolips through the Mother Box and generally a lot of what the New 52 has given him. I'm not sure about him being one of the Big Seven, but I kinda like what the animated movies did, and what the comics kinda have going now, that he may have been a Justice League member (either at the start, or a later incarnation) who became more closely associated with the Teen Titans.

The whole Red Hood and the Outlaws concept is great, and finally gave Jason his own little corner of the DCU to play with.

Nu52 WW god designs, I find the usual muscly white man sword and look to be extremely boring.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Kate Kane as Batwoman and romantically involved with Maggie Sawyer. I loved their relationship and it felt more natural than her romance with Rene Montoya. I also loved that made Kate more of a renegade bat who didn't get involved with Batman's arcs and was left alone. I think she works better as the black sheep/renegade/loner of the bat family.

Keep Batwoman #0, #0-24 and Annual #1 the rest of the series and Rebirth series can be let go.

Palimotti and Connor's run on Harley Quinn was pure gold from start to finish.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 04-03-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Miiyabhin Marten
    Khalid Nassour
    Simon Baz
    Jessica Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Kate Kane as Batwoman and romantically involved with Maggie Sawyer. I loved their relationship and it felt more natural than her romance with Rene Montoya. I also loved that made Kate more of a renegade bat who didn't get involved with Batman's arcs and was left alone. I think she works better as the black sheep/renegade/loner of the bat family.

Keep Batwoman #0, #0-24 and Annual #1 the rest of the series and Rebirth series can be let go.

Palimotti and Connor's run on Harley Quinn was pure gold from start to finish.
    Not necessarily disagreeing but Kate being Batwoman predates the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The whole Red Hood and the Outlaws concept is great, and finally gave Jason his own little corner of the DCU to play with.
    I would definitely keep the Rocafort version of Jason, especially the "Mystic Arts" angle

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-03-2021 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Tim drakes flying suit, it's a proto Batman beyond suit Imo, and used by the "smart" Robin.

New 52s superboy had amazing tactile telekinesis and was considered smart and not a slouch in the power dept.

I like many of the things everyone already said, new 52 had some good ideas, a lot bad, but some (things posted above) were good and should have stayed around.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Batwoman being a supernatural title. It was a fresh and interesting take on Gotham and was built on what Rucka had done in her run in Detective Comics pre-Flashpoint. I mostly enjoyed the Rebirth series and its gothic vibes, but it just wasn't as good as the JHW3 run.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Tshirt and jeans superman.Cause the man of action kicks ass and leaps tall buildings.

Redhood and the outlaws as concept.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd definitely keep:

Morrison's (Year One) Superman
    Bunker
    Creature Commandos
    Demon Knights/Justice League Dark
    Steve Trevor in ARGUS
    Johns' Aquaman
    Men of War
    Vibe
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Batwoman being a supernatural title. It was a fresh and interesting take on Gotham and was built on what Rucka had done in her run in Detective Comics pre-Flashpoint. I mostly enjoyed the Rebirth series and its gothic vibes, but it just wasn't as good as the JHW3 run.
    Honestly that was the supernatural elements was thing that I liked the least. I've never cared much for DC's supernatural stuff that isn't written by J.M. DeMattis and/or Peter David but what I really loved that book focused as much on the woman as it did the bat and IMHO DC desperately NEEDS a lot more of that.