View Poll Results: Justice Society of America favorite members: from 1940 through 2008

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Canary II (Dinah Lance)

29 34.94%
  • Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)

46 55.42%
  • Dr. Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross)

28 33.73%
  • The Flash (Jay Garrick)

46 55.42%
  • Green Lantern (Alan Scott)

49 59.04%
  • Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders)

25 30.12%
  • Hawkman (Carter Hall)

29 34.94%
  • Hourman II (Rick Tyler)

16 19.28%
  • Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers)

20 24.10%
  • Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt)

34 40.96%
  • Power Girl (Karen Starr / Kara Zor-L)

38 45.78%
  • The Sandman (Wesley Dodds)

28 33.73%
  • Star-Spangled Kid II / Stargirl (Coutney Whitmore)

26 31.33%
  • Wildcat (Ted Grant)

35 42.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Justice Society of America / JSA favorite members: from 1940 through 2008

We began with four threads/polls:
    And narrowed the results down into two threads/polls:
    And now we've narrowed it down to fourteen heroes (the seven highest vote getters from each of the last two polls), listed in alphabetical order:
    * Black Canary II (Dinah Laurel Lance) <daughter of Golden Age Black Canary (Dinah Drake Lance)>
    * Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson) <one of the original members of the Justice Society of America>
    * Dr. Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross)
    * The Flash (Jay Garrick) <one of the original members of the Justice Society of America>
    * Green Lantern (Alan Scott) <one of the original members of the Justice Society of America>
    * Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders) <grandniece of Golden Age Hawkgirl Shiera Sanders Hall>
    * Hawkman (Carter Hall) <one of the original members of the Justice Society of America>
    * Hourman II (Rick Tyler) <son of original member Rex "Tick-Tock" Tyler>
    * Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers) <daughter of Johnny Chambers (the Golden Age Johnny Quick) and Libby Belle Lawrence (Golden Age Liberty Belle)>
    * Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt)
    * Power Girl (Karen Starr / Kara Zor-L) <cousin to pre-CoIE Golden Age Superman / the pre-CoIE Earth-2 counterpart to Earth-1's Supergirl>
    * The Sandman (Wesley Dodds) <one of the original members of the Justice Society of America>
    * Star-Spangled Kid II / Stargirl (Coutney Whitmore) <gained the original name and the cosmic converter belt of the original Golden Age Star-Spangled Kid as a result of her step-father Pat Dugan, who had been the Golden Age Star-Spangled Kid's partner Stripesy>
    * Wildcat (Ted Grant) <guest-starred in two JSA adventures during the Golden Age>

As with all the previous polls, you are allowed to vote for more than one character, but please try to limit it to no more than seven. (Polls here allow options for either single vote or multiple votes; not for a set number like "7".)

And before people complain about "Why isn't fill-in-the-blank on this poll?!?", go back and read all the previous threads/polls (listed at the top) to see what may have happened before.

First time, I was the first to vote.

I ended up voting for everybody on the list. I couldn't narrow it down.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Jay Garrick
    Wesley Dodds
    Kendra Saunders
    Michael Holt
    Alan Scott
    Nelson Kent
    Carter Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I ended up voting for everybody on the list. I couldn't narrow it down.

By the way, early voting has the Golden Age characters Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), The Flash (Jay Garrick), Green Lantern (Alan Scott), and Wildcat (Ted Grant) in the top four slots when it comes to votes received so far.

Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers), Black Canary II (Dinah Lance), Hourman II (Rick Tyler), and Star-Spangled Kid II / Stargirl (Coutney Whitmore) currently make up the bottom four.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, early voting has the Golden Age characters Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), The Flash (Jay Garrick), Green Lantern (Alan Scott), and Wildcat (Ted Grant) in the top four slots when it comes to votes received so far.

Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers), Black Canary II (Dinah Lance), Hourman II (Rick Tyler), and Star-Spangled Kid II / Stargirl (Coutney Whitmore) currently make up the bottom four.
    The top four you posted were the ones that came to my mind first, FWIW. The next three were more difficult, but I went with Hawkman, Black Canary, and Power Girl.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Okay. I can't choose among them. I only declined only two names on the list.

I voted for everybody except for Hourman and Liberty Belle. Nothing against them but it didn't feel right to vote for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

And at last check, Power Girl (Karen Starr / Kara Zor-L) has knocked Wildcat (Ted Grant) out of the top four (while Hawkman (Carter Hall) is now in fifth).

As for the bottom four, that's now composed of Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers), Hourman II (Rick Tyler), Black Canary II (Dinah Lance), and Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders).

Here’s my votes:
    Jay Garrick
    Courtney Whitmore

These two were easy as they are my favorite characters in the DCU.

The next few were tough but I went with:
    Pieter Cross
    Ricky Tyler
    Jesse Chambers
    Ted Grant
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

funny thing about this list is Green Lantern Alan Scott (since 2008 mean pre-nu Alan) and Dr Fate (Kent Nelson) are extremely popular BUT they are two characters that DC changes the most.

for me:
    Alan
    Kent
    Michael
    Karen
    Courtney

With 27 people having voted so far, the Top 8 are:
    * The Flash (Jay Garrick) = 22 votes
    * Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson) = 19 votes
    * Green Lantern (Alan Scott) = 19 votes
    * Power Girl (Karen Starr / Kara Zor-L) = 17 votes
    * Dr. Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross) = 15 votes
    * Hawkman (Carter Hall) = 14 votes
    * Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt) = 14 votes
    * Wildcat (Ted Grant) = 14 votes

And Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers) is currently on the bottom of the poll with 7 votes.

Astonishing Member

appears most of the people on this thread prefer the OG JSA, Mr Terrific only one of the new school cracking the list.

I already forgot how many I voted for. I guess I am a fan of most of these characters and can't help myself.